Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30

Author Topic: Totem Mafia 2 - Town Victory  (Read 44658 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Totem Mafia 2 - Vote Phase 3 - Tradition falters
« Reply #420 on: March 25, 2013, 01:30:10 pm »

That was a lot of fun, Meph, even in Dead Chat. I'm glad we had a Medium too, since that gave me a reason to bounce around for a while besides general talking. Interesting selection of roles, though the rampant powers and a series of unlucky targets really handicapped Scum from Night 1 on.

I'm sorta disappointed with the sportsmanship of Dariush. Reposted from the Dead Chat:

> Quote from Dariush (Post #231):
>> Great. I come back from university half-dead from exhaustion,
>> take a day off from mafia and return to see myself lynched by
>> a horde of easylynchers on completely empty grounds and a
>> complete disregard for everything I said. I grieve for the times
>> when doing absolutely any active attempt at scumhunting didn't
>> result in an instalynch and coasting through the game wasn't a
>> valid survival tactic. Fuck this board, fuck the metagame, fuck
>> what has become of this community and especially fuck Vector. I am done.

You're dead because you played like poop. Your every post was spitting bullcrap and vitriol at other players, you lurked and voted all over the place, offered no substantiating evidence... and now THIS?

Sorry you had a long day. I spent 2 days carrying a thousand pounds of furniture up and down 5 flights of stairs, in the 8th time I've helped someone move in a year. For folks who couldn't be arsed to help me move the last 2 times I've had to. And yet I stayed semi-active, made sensible arguments in-game, and wasn't a tremendous cock to everyone. I mean, do you think you can accept some personal responsibility for what happened? It's the decent thing to do. And I mean this without any animosity toward you.

In other news, this reply kinda made my day:

> Quote from Vector (Post #240):
>> Nah. You're not my type :3

http://i.imgur.com/zvbWc1H.gif

So yeah. No hard feelings toward you, Dariush, and sorry life's stressful and whatnot, but that wasn't very sportsmanlike at all.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 25, 2013, 01:31:38 pm »

PFP

Oh yeah everyone go check out the hedgepig in deadchat.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 25, 2013, 01:33:41 pm »

PFP: Hail to the Chief!

How was Leaf supposed to make it to D5 with the scumkill, vigkill, and a PGO? With no docs besides my 1-shot to boot. That's rough.

He was given a very powerful role with a very difficult win-con. After all, he was untouchable and could see where everyone went, which at least potentially gave him the power to wield a huge amount of influence on the game. Which he did, although not to his own benefit. I was curious to see how it would work out, although I'm a bit disappointed with the result.

I do feel bad for the scum team, though, Hapah getting his one alignment-inspect off on N1 on Vector was pretty much the absolute worst thing that could have happened to them.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 25, 2013, 02:08:42 pm »

Good game!  The Doomspeaker's a bit of a surprise.  Reaching D5 would be pretty hard in a game with a vig.

UI:  Paranoia over vigs that shoot freely isn't uncommon at all.  It doesn't help that the first Totem had a SK masquerading as a vig.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 25, 2013, 02:26:09 pm »

Ford:  You really got situationally screwed more than anything.  On D3, Hapah and Leaf had both agreed to hang scum, UI was pretty much confirmed not-Mafia, and DS was accounted for the prior night.  There was pretty much no way out of that one for you.  It's a learning experience.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 25, 2013, 02:39:20 pm »

Oh yeah everyone go check out the hedgepig in deadchat.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 25, 2013, 02:43:20 pm »

Bwee.  Hedgepig :3

I honestly hope Dariush isn't permanently gone.  He'd be the third mafia forum dude for whose escape I was responsible =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 25, 2013, 02:44:34 pm »

So you admit to killing Dakarian!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 25, 2013, 02:45:28 pm »

No, I was thinking of Dariush, MindMaker, and FreeBeer >_>

Dakarian was eaten by Lydia, obviously.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 25, 2013, 02:49:03 pm »

You mean Litia?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 25, 2013, 02:50:35 pm »

Yeah, that one.

Hehe, I found Dakarian on some other forums by typing his handle + "sware" in.  Persistent misspellings are cool that way.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 25, 2013, 02:51:20 pm »

Mindmaker did make a brief return, at least for BM 27. He quit again and I replaced him.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 25, 2013, 03:07:50 pm »

Toaster: I'm glad to hear that. I kept feeling like there was something I should be doing but I couldn't think of anything.

I did my best, but unless somebody else changed their mind, I really didn't know what to do. I was pretty surprised when Deathsword came out and said he wasn't sure, though. I guess that's a small victory.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 25, 2013, 03:21:55 pm »

You know, now that I think about it, I did spend a lot of time wondering why Leafsnail was being so noncommittal during day 3. I thought about suggesting a no-lynch, but since it clearly seemed to be a 2p + 3rd party, that would have only killed the town's chances.

Also, now that I'm reading through deadchat, I can say it didn't occur to me that claiming PGO would make me a lynch target since I couldn't be vigkilled.

...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 25, 2013, 03:25:44 pm »

Hapah has shown that he most deserves to be Chief.
I knew it all along. :P

Also. Dammit. Spider to my face. Curse you UI and your impeccable aim!! :/

Oh wait, that was a branch...You had me panicking for over a week on that flavor! Aaaand that I'm still pretty easy to lead by the nose given what I said in deadchat :X

Worst scumhunter ever...

Anyway, great game! And Dariush will always be back...just, judging by his words, not in the "regular games."

Which means by the next Meph/Toaster/Any other Mod Mafia, he'll be back.

Edit: Scumchat.

<3 you too Vector! :P

Quote from: Ford
I know that Tiruin's a she, but most people seem to refer to her as a him, and if she never saw fit to correct me on it, then it probably doesn't bother her.
You get used to it when you leave your Gender as: - for over nearly a year and then get referred to as male, yeah. As Bay12 was my first ever forum I've decided to make a serious account with and not bother with personal information, yeah.

And then I stopped getting used to it.

Every time I question Tiruin, I always end up questioning my own sanity.
<3 you too, and your mental health.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 03:59:07 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30