Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Damn vamps.  (Read 2869 times)

StubbornAlcoholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Damn vamps.
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 03:43:24 am »

Speaking of vampire mayors, I had locked my vampire in a room where I forced her to work as my bookkeeper, to produce her own damn furniture, and she was soon enough elected mayor despite having zero contact with anyone for months prior.

Urist 1:"Who are you voting for?"

Urist 2: "That unusually youthful Dwarf we sealed up behind those locked doors in Slate without food or water. Why did we even do that again?"

Urist 1: "She's got my vote too! I still remember how she looked at me when she first came here. We had such a connection. I even had this dream last night, that she was gently caressing my neck..."

MattStriker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 08:23:47 am »

Well Goblins aren't really that little, since they're taller than dwarfs and (I think)humans.

Same size as dorfs (and elves, although I guess the proportions would be a bit different), actually, which is only slightly less than human size.

Giver99

• Bay Watcher
  • self destruct..5..4..3..2..1..Oops
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2013, 01:20:43 pm »

Im having Vamp Poblems i keep finding dwarfs that are void of blood but no Vamp shows up on my Unit list!
Oop's Wrong Lever!

MattStriker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2013, 02:47:47 pm »

They are only marked as vampires on the unit list while in the act of feeding. By the time you find the bodies, the vamp is usually incognito again and back to work as a normal, productive (and suspiciously happy) member of your community.

You need to catch the vampire in the act to ID them, or have another dwarf witness a feeding.

This article details some indicators that'll let you isolate suspects so you can keep a close eye on them.
Pages: 1 [2]