Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: King is a necro and dont show up  (Read 683 times)

Yurisovski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
King is a necro and dont show up
« on: February 28, 2013, 11:54:59 pm »

Well, i dont know what to do...  i get the king arrival message, got the full entourage but the king himself didn't show up. So a duplicated my save file to take a look in legends and for my surprise

this is my second fortress, i abandoned the first one because my king was a vampire, now this? Fortress without a king is really lame, even if the monarch is a live sucker from hell....
What can i do to fix folks?  :'(

Thanks

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: King is a necro and dont show up
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 11:57:21 pm »

Generate shorter worlds, where the leaders are less likely to be immortal.

Yurisovski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 12:06:15 am »

but there is no chance of the king appear? gosh i lost like 2 weeks on this project :/

Tomsod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 03:11:57 am »

Actually, just him being "obsessed with his own mortality" doesn't mean that he's succeeded on it. There is a ton of historical fugures with this line who don't become necromancers. He's probably just bugged. Anyway, why do you even need the king? All he does is make impossible mandates and stop outpost liaisons from arriving. Kings are pure evil and should be thrown into volcano.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 07:52:01 am »

Actually, just him being "obsessed with his own mortality" doesn't mean that he's succeeded on it. There is a ton of historical fugures with this line who don't become necromancers. He's probably just bugged. Anyway, why do you even need the king? All he does is make impossible mandates and stop outpost liaisons from arriving. Kings are pure evil and should be thrown into volcano.
Yeah but following your thought one would need to get a king firtst, to throw him into a volcano.

Yurisovski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 12:49:13 pm »

i want a battle royalle, my king versus the demon that i caged... if he lives he is worth to be called King of Dorfs