Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Adrift on the limitless ocean. (Turn Fifteen. No bodies in the lift please. )  (Read 14442 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adrift on the limitless ocean. (Turn six, infectious cowardice!)
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2013, 11:32:05 am »

Stop, drop and roll, then run away(sneakily).
You are on fire and standing in an area where the very air is undergoing combustion and sections of the floor are bubbling like a hot spring, so naturally you deicide to try and roll on said floor to put yourself out.
[2] Look at that, you are somehow still surprised that you are still on fire, must be the stress.
[6][6][6] It really must have gotten to you, because in a rare fit of unholy genius (c wut I did thar?) you tear every inch of flammable material from your body (i.e all of your clothing) and run towards the lift. Stragnley it survived the blast and upon entry rockets away from the carnage.
[1] Unfortunately for you, the ships computers seem to have noted your involvement, and possibly hold grudges, as the lift doors open to the main security barracks and a team of armoured, armed and very angry grunts.

You are naked.
You are no longer on fire.
I was reading the update and saw:
Suddenly a distant rumble can be heard and sirens blare up throughout the deck and your holo-pager beeps with abandon.
My thought was: OH GODS WHAT DID I DO?
But it wasn't me. Good, I still can't think of anything I've dermed.
Instead: SCAPHEAP! WHAT DID YOU DO?

Send message to the HE requesting permission to flee the ship and preserve the assets contained on my chassis.
[2] You get a negative monosyllabic audio reply.
[3] In fact, in addendum, you get updated orders to be the 'trailblazer' for the security team and the stations emergency response units by making sure all access points are accessible and free of debris.
[4]You feel that you could ignore these orders, but the thought makes you hesitate to do anything..
Whilst remaining resolutely dressed, wave arms in air, panic wildly, and run to the nearest secure area. Check pager and head to the site of the emergency in a desperate attempt to make amends for my terrible performance thus far.
[6] You panic, you panic hard. you panic so hard that [5] all the engineering staff also panic and head to the airlock on this deck that is attacked to the umbilical to the station.
You are now, secure in a deserted deck close to a clear exit.
[6] Wanting to help with whatever is going on, you tap the flashing warning coming from your holo-pager and get a report on the accident, down to the last atom displaced.
[2] You don't react well to large, all consuming explosive death, and lose all thought of helpfulness
[5]  However your general mental and physical health isn't affected. You are just a self-absorbed, amoral coward. Good for you.
IGNORE IT. PEOPLE MUST GET THEIR FOOD.
[2] You lift reroutes itself as you prepared to exit.
[3] You can't override the controls, but you avoid negatively affecting vehicular safety.
[3]You also decide that going through the emergency hatch whilst the vehicle is moving is a bad Idea.
The lift erupts with an unholy wailing noise and starts moving at some speed.

((The first thought that came to mind was that the lift was malfunctioning and I'm moving at way beyond safety speeds. Also I'm assuming I don't hear any alarms since my you never wrote in my turn that alarms was going of or my pager was going off.))

Stop the lift with my secruity override and make it stop at the vault. Just wait there until the atmosphere comes back.
[4]It accepts your override, however it decide to come to a dead stop instead of returning.
[2]An error display appears when you try to renter the override, apparently it was single use, ironically for security reasons.
You pop the dorsal emergency exit to see if you can access one of the decks [1]Through as you climb up on top the lift shakes and starts moving.
[6] You fall back inside through the emergency hatch and [5][1] get caught by the right foot as the hatch closes. It is completely crushed and jellied.
[1]You hang there screaming [1] your mouth catching the dripping blood running down your body from the hatch...[3] however, you manage to keep yourself from fading into unconsciousness...eventually becoming numb to the pain.

You are Numb.
You are missing your right foot.

[Destruction roll 1:] No secondary damage is being reported, the ship was made well,
[2] The evacuation teams have been delayed by damage from the explosion.
[6] The station response teams were informed of the panicking crowds coming from one of the umbilical  and decided to proceed into the ship early. Meeting with the evacuation team, they left behind some [6] very essential gear for dealing with the accident.   

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 11:37:18 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2013, 11:35:35 am »

Dag nabit.
Locate security team and lead them to wherever I'm blazing a trail for them to. Grumble under my lack of breath about how expensive my equipment was and how if they wanted a disposable guidebot they could have done so much cheaper and let me get on with my proper work. (Note, as muttering something under one's breath literally means you're muttering something more quietly than you're breathing, and robots don't breathe, I'd be impressed if anyone heard me.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2013, 11:50:14 am »

Sneak past the grunts (It doable)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2013, 12:29:32 pm »

KICK SOMETHING.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2013, 03:53:29 pm »

Ugh.... whats going on with this elevator.... damnit...

Do everything I can to get me to the floor the infirmary is on and find someone to do anything about my foot. While waiting for the lift to get to the floor, cover my stump with some clothes (preferably ripped) to hopefully slow down whatever bleeding is happening.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2013, 06:26:08 pm »

I do apologise if I stepped over the mark with you checking the lift externally, I presumed it would be something you may have made a split second decision about. =/
I am honestly not trying to kill you guys,
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2013, 02:57:57 am »

Search the area for any useful equipment that the fleeing engineers may have left! Take what fits in my belt.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adrift on the limitless ocean. (Turn seven, No such thing as Overkill!)
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2013, 11:21:49 am »

Dag nabit.
Locate security team and lead them to wherever I'm blazing a trail for them to. Grumble under my lack of breath about how expensive my equipment was and how if they wanted a disposable guidebot they could have done so much cheaper and let me get on with my proper work. (Note, as muttering something under one's breath literally means you're muttering something more quietly than you're breathing, and robots don't breathe, I'd be impressed if anyone heard me.)
[2] You really really can't be bothered with your orders, all this cyberphobia really grinds your gears...er sparks your circuits?
[6] Instead you decide that you should use some of your spare parts in engineering to make a drone that can cut through the collapsed bulkheads and stuffs for you.
The hallway is quiet, par from a lone engineer that seems to be picking up something...large and cybercidal. so you dash into the lift and [5] reach engineering quickly.
[4] You see the cyberphobic bitch on your way out, however she seems to be angry about her "f*&%$£! coward cohorts!" and thus doesn;t notice you as sh walk into the lift you shortly exited.
Sneak past the grunts (It doable)
[1] Not doable, in fact it was so not doable, your feeble attempt to sneak your bare naked arse past these obviously seasoned guards is enraging to their sergeant. He viciously attacks you with the but of his gauss rifle.
[2v 6] However you manage to to get your brush jammed handle down, and like a professional dance you twirl gracefully out the way.
[6v 4]Shortly delivering an acrobatic axe kick to the back of his head as he charges into the space you used to occupy.
[4] He rubs his head, more affected by what he just saw more than anything else.
[3] The two others gawk at you in horrified wonderment.
KICK SOMETHING.
[2] You kick the door, forcing the plates out of alignment and shattering it's servos. sparks fly in through the crack between the plates as the metal grinds along the shaft. You soon come to a complete stop, jammed between floors.
Ugh.... whats going on with this elevator.... damnit...

Do everything I can to get me to the floor the infirmary is on and find someone to do anything about my foot. While waiting for the lift to get to the floor, cover my stump with some clothes (preferably ripped) to hopefully slow down whatever bleeding is happening.
[6-1] You manage to slowly reach up and force the emergency exit to release you leg.
[4] You land hard on your back, but otherwise unharmed.
[4] you access your holo pager and route the lift to medbay.
Well, that was easy.
Search the area for any useful equipment that the fleeing engineers may have left! Take what fits in my belt.
[6] Ignoring the thugs now dropped laser scalpel, you see a true beauty before your eyes. A Hullcutter -x2240 with a customisable plasma blade. However, it is rather cumbersome and needs two hands to hold it steady. It is also rather unreliable, known to intermittently flare up it's blade and injuring it's wielder or in some cases the cheap frame snaps in two and arc it's energy through and fries the chump.
It's affectionately called a Plasma Pick in the biz. 'cuz all you need to do is swing and the irritating panel obstructing you from your precious circuits and wires is cut like paper.
That's the problem with the engraved ornamental wall panels, they aren't exactly expected to come off once placed. You look closer at the cut walls and the panels at your feet. You boss is gonna shoot some skeet after this.

-You got a Plasma pick-

[2] The security team is really having difficulty getting access to the manufactorey, where is that bloody robot?!
[1] The station response is faring worse, having lost a member to the security after informing them of leaving their equipment behind.
[Destruction: 2] Not that it matters though, the damage is still restricted to one section.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 06:11:13 am by Innsmothe »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2013, 11:32:42 am »

Run and find clothes.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2013, 12:05:14 pm »

DAMMIT. KICK SOMETHING ELSE.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Adrift on the limitless ocean. (Turn seven, no such thing as overkill!)
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2013, 03:52:53 pm »

Go to wherever the security team is supposed to be.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2013, 04:26:58 pm »

Help the security team gain access to the manufacturory by using my plasma pick!

It's almost like it was fate or something.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2013, 04:32:36 pm »

((o.O Didn't I lose my foot?))

Ugh... I better get my foot checked out before I get back to work... and use the stairs from now on... if they exist.

Still unaware that hell is happening on the rest of the ship, get to the med bay and see if I can get someone to examine my foot.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2013, 06:11:50 am »

Yeah, was copy and pasting from a word document, forgot to update it.
Update later today.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Run and find clothes.
You think that being ganged up by three armed men whilst you are extremely exposed is a rather big health hazard, thus you try to split.
[2] However, as grossed out as they may be, the two grunts bar your exit, rifles aimed.
[6v 4][3] The sergeant grabs your arm from behind and tries to restrain you [6] however you easily slip out. 
[3v5] You swing you brush around but hit air as he side steps you.
DAMMIT. KICK SOMETHING ELSE.
[3]you kick and the main computer hub to the lift systems [1v3]
[6]you just find satisfaction in the sound of your boot impacting the metal casing.
Go to wherever the security team is supposed to be.
Seeing that foul woman put you off building a drone replacement.You instead head to where you were ordered to.
Taking a separate lift from down the hall you quickly arrive to the entrance of the storage and manufacturies.
[1] You come into one of the worst affected sectors, the teams wouldn't enter via this route, they would have gone in one of the more structurally secure areas for easier handling of evacuees.
Help the security team gain access to the manufacturies by using my plasma pick!
[4] You pick up the Plasma Pick and head to the l nearest lift so you can find the team handling the evacuees. Not out of any philanthropic feeling, but the sheer primal need to try out your new toy.
[1] You enter an area full of heat and fumes. The floor has collapsed and there is no sign of activity bar a maintenance robot.
((o.O Didn't I lose my foot?))

Ugh... I better get my foot checked out before I get back to work... and use the stairs from now on... if they exist.

Still unaware that hell is happening on the rest of the ship, get to the med bay and see if I can get someone to examine my foot.
[6-2] You manage to carry on through the pain and issue emergency medical protocols that forces the lift to breach it's safety limitations on its speed and heads straight to the nearest medical office.
[6] Upon arrival, the doors open and you are immediately greeted by a full swarm of EMA's (Emergency Medical Automatons). These robots, resembling the upper half of a human mounted on a magnetic dish that keeps them in mid air, lift you up and speedily shunt you onto one of the empty beds. You barely have time to be disappointed by the brick hard mattress as the robots pin you down painfully tight.
[4] You feel a needle jam into the base of the bleeding stump where your foot used to be, you scream in agony but the blood seems to slow in it's escape from your severed vessels.
 [3]You see one of the robots bring over an expensive prosthetic, one of the ones that link up to your nerves. Whilst you would no longer have any sense of awareness from the foot, you wouldn't feel as awkward than if it was just a clamp-on.
[2]The next several minutes are what can only be described as on of the most horrendous atrocities to be committed against an injured patient in the name of medical care.You are left screaming, spasming and venting your bowels as their probes and nano-scalples attach the limb to your stump, wiring up the electronics.
[6] The operation was beyond all expectation in actual effectiveness though, the prosthetic is completely integrated, nerves, muscles AND blood vessels.
[2] You don't stay conscious long enough to enjoy the fruits of your pain however.     

You are no longer numb.
You now have a fully integrated prosthetic.

[Destruction roll: 3] Muted blasts come from the affected level, rocking the Evacuation team, the Station team, a robot and a stray engineer. However, things seem to be dying down some more.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 11:34:39 am by Innsmothe »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9