Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Adrift on the limitless ocean. (Turn Fifteen. No bodies in the lift please. )  (Read 14470 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: Adrift on the limitless ocean. (Turn four, Murderous Snobbery!)
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2013, 03:30:45 pm »

Uh... I didn't mean to to kill him... atleast not without a reason.... but extra money for it... well... I'll just forget whole the whole thing once it's over with. Yeah that's the best course of action hahaha...

When the lift finally arrives, use it to go to the vault. Though, check to to see that the atmosphere has returned before going in. After that, start looking for a body.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Adrift on the limitless ocean. (Turn four, Murderous Snobbery!)
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2013, 04:11:04 pm »

"Why do I have to be everything?"

Look up specs of processor. See if we have a more powerful processor free for some reason. If so, uninstall the current processor and install the more powerful one, reminding whatshername of her orders if she complains at any point. If not, return a message of: "ERROR 10107: Processor not found."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adrift on the limitless ocean. (Turn five, Things are heating up!)
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2013, 07:44:48 am »

”Bugger…” mumbled Gubbins, as she tried to work out whether she’d soiled herself before or after ruining the power for everyone else… ”Erm…”

Wander off to find what’s damaged. Fix it!
[3] You try to read the map, but it seems fuzzy for some reason. However, you do make it to the correct deck. There are several engineers rushing about trying to close off the systems connected to the power-drain. There are removed wall and deck panels everywhere as they try to dig deep into the wiring.
You decide to ask one of them for directions to the affected panel.
[1]  "You're tha' imbecile that wrecked our operations and caused us all this work?! We prolly ain't going to be paid for this crap!" His face darkens with rage and he lashes out with a laser scalpel!
[2 v.2] By a hairs breadth he misses you!
[5] The other engineers seem content to let the man skin you on his lonesome and continue working.
---
Suddenly a distant rumble can be heard and sirens blare up throughout the deck and your holo-pager beeps with abandon.

DAMMIT. UGH. See if I have a photographic memory and remember the map.
Your holo pager powers up it's now activated interface and you pot the map application.
[5]You manage to trace a decent route to the kitchen.
[3] However the lift nearest you can only get you as close to the crew quarters, but it'll be a short walk through the mess from there on.

Though you are suddenly distracted by a distant rumble, before a siren blares into your ear and your holo-pager goes haywire.

Uh... I didn't mean to to kill him... atleast not without a reason.... but extra money for it... well... I'll just forget whole the whole thing once it's over with. Yeah that's the best course of action hahaha...

When the lift finally arrives, use it to go to the vault. Though, check to to see that the atmosphere has returned before going in. After that, start looking for a body.
[2] The lift stops, but as you try to leave a beeps is heard and the doors refuse to open. It seems, that whilst you have access, the atmosphere hasn't been restored.
[2] You try and restore the atmosphere remotely, however it seems very complicated, requiring remote actions needing completed through out the ship.
[2] You decide to have the computer intervene, but it seems distracted.
---
The lift erupts with an unholy wailing noise and starts moving at some speed.

"Why do I have to be everything?"

Look up specs of processor. See if we have a more powerful processor free for some reason. If so, uninstall the current processor and install the more powerful one, reminding whatshername of her orders if she complains at any point. If not, return a message of: "ERROR 10107: Processor not found."
[4] They have examples of the processors elsewhere in the ship, but are all currently in use.
You decide to check if you can have one made, [2] the fabbers do not have it programmed in.
You send a quick message to the HE about the problem but are suddenly interrupted by a loud blaring siren, and your holo-pager resets to a frantically beeping red holo-screen with an exclamation mark.

No matter still do it.
[3+1= 4] You have an idea and plug the leak with a dirty cloth, making you able to sweep up the fluids with your mop.  It takes a few minutes, but you believe that the remaining stain is acceptable.
Now onto the leak. Whilst you aren't a certified engineer you believe that you have the aptitude for this task, no need to call up engineering or anything and get professional help, that would be way to easy.
You fire up the welder and start working around the dirty rag. 
[1]It seems chemical infused cloths are flammable, who knew?
[4] Realising the danger, you barely manage to get into a crouch behind a large recently fabbed ceramic pot when the fabber blows.
[destruction level:6] Sending flaming liquids, fissionable material and shards of ridged metal in an expanding sphere of death, a horizontal shock wave shears  machines and crates in two right across the area. The ceiling above is weakened by the almighty heat and collapses inwards, sending hapless factory workers to their deaths and feeding the hungry flames. The general area for half a mile seems to be in flames, the floor panels appear to be actually bubbling.
In your lowered profile you somehow manage to avoid the worst of the shrapnel, suffering only minor lacerations, but you got a small splotch of burning fluid on the upper section of your overalls
[Fire hunger: 5] It spreads like the plague through medieval Europe, the cloth of your overalls sucks up the fluid like a parched sponge, the capillary action spreading the burning death to encompass your entire right arm.

Ooops?
---
[Ship attention: 5] Whilst the local sirens have been destroyed, alarms through out the ship are now blaring and the station has been alerted of the disaster on board. Security will begin evacuating the area in 1 turn   
[Emergency response: 5] They are mobilising their emergency reaction crews. They will be on the scene in 2 turns.

Spoiler:  Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 07:51:34 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2013, 08:27:08 am »

Stop, drop and roll, then run away(sneakily).
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2013, 08:38:19 am »

I was reading the update and saw:
Suddenly a distant rumble can be heard and sirens blare up throughout the deck and your holo-pager beeps with abandon.
My thought was: OH GODS WHAT DID I DO?
But it wasn't me. Good, I still can't think of anything I've dermed.
Instead: SCAPHEAP! WHAT DID YOU DO?

Send message to the HE requesting permission to flee the ship and preserve the assets contained on my chassis.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2013, 10:04:44 am »

Whilst remaining resolutely dressed, wave arms in air, panic wildly, and run to the nearest secure area. Check pager and head to the site of the emergency in a desperate attempt to make amends for my terrible performance thus far.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2013, 10:24:35 am »

IGNORE IT. PEOPLE MUST GET THEIR FOOD.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2013, 11:49:02 am »

((Um... is the lift falling down at while moving at some speed or is it moving up at some speed and just malfunctioning? Either way...))

Oh come on!

Stop the lift any way I can. If nothing works (and it's falling) then attempt to get off the lift and find something to grab onto.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2013, 03:00:48 pm »

Actually, the lifts and other transport devices automatically rout to the nearest airlock when dcked, or the shuttle bay when not.
Logical really.
Of course, you could as a security officer override it.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2013, 03:01:51 pm »

I was reading the update and saw:
My thought was: OH GODS WHAT DID I DO?
But it wasn't me. Good, I still can't think of anything I've dermed.
Instead: SCAPHEAP! WHAT DID YOU DO?

Send message to the HE requesting permission to flee the ship and preserve the assets contained on my chassis.
Yay, I am entertaining people. ^^

Also, next update tomorrow, afternoon or morning (UK time), depending on stuffs.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2013, 03:04:50 pm »

Whilst remaining resolutely dressed,
Wait what?
Sig

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2013, 03:42:07 pm »

Yes?

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2013, 03:52:19 pm »

The lift erupts with an unholy wailing noise and starts moving at some speed.

((The first thought that came to mind was that the lift was malfunctioning and I'm moving at way beyond safety speeds. Also I'm assuming I don't hear any alarms since my you never wrote in my turn that alarms was going of or my pager was going off.))

Stop the lift with my secruity override and make it stop at the vault. Just wait there until the atmosphere comes back.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2013, 05:07:00 pm »

Yes?
How can one be resolutely dressed and what circumstances force you to note you're not stripping?
Sig

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2013, 05:12:03 pm »

Yes?
How can one be resolutely dressed and what circumstances force you to note you're not stripping?
Spoiler: stripping, it happen (click to show/hide)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9