Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Adrift on the limitless ocean. (Turn Fifteen. No bodies in the lift please. )  (Read 14452 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile

Now... how to get to the vault.

Have the computer give me access... if I need a reason... put in to catch a stowaway. Then figure out how to get to the vault and go there. When i get close to it, get my pistol ready, just in case.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Now, off to find ingredients! Or something!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Attempt to determine where and what the issue is.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

”Hmm… clearly someone has been meddling… but why? An illegal space-liquor still? Can they even be made with an airlock? Or has someone shoved something out of it… Or WANTS to shove something out of it! HA! I’ve foiled your evil plan, Mungo! Right, let’s see if we can fix this fecker without getting a spanner through the back of my skull, eh?”

Take all the wiring out and rewire the damn thing. Clearly fixing it is less important than removing the strange override thing the evil Mungo has installed.

If this fails, then smack the panel very hard with my spanner.

Keep spanner in hand or belt at ALL times, at the ready to defend myself against sneak attack.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adrift on the limitless ocean. (Turn three, painful success!)
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2013, 11:57:19 am »

Call up head Janitor(he better not be my brother) and ask which spill, If he say all of them, get my black mail book and find something on him.
[Autofail]
You wish you could call the HJ, but you have no means do do so.
Instead you just put in a little more effort into finding any obvious spills that could be a safety hazard/a wound to your pay-check
[5] Around the corner you pass a Chef walking hurriedly from a smoking puddle leaking from one of the Fabbers.

Now... how to get to the vault.

Have the computer give me access... if I need a reason... put in to catch a stowaway. Then figure out how to get to the vault and go there. When i get close to it, get my pistol ready, just in case.
You communicate to the computer that you wish to be authorised for the Vault prior to arrival and explain the circumstances.
[1] "Your request is denied and will not be facilitated, contact your superior. As an added precaution to stopping unauthorised access, all atmosphere will be diverted from the vault and the surrounding area, all nearby bulkheads will be sealed and the lifts shut down. relevant personnel have been alerted. "

You have a bad feeling about this.
[2] And looking at your map, all ship wide transportation has been diverted from the area, rendering the section sealed completely.
Now, off to find ingredients! Or something!
Now after a brief brush with death and possible insolvency, you rush off to actually do your job.
[2]  Unfortunately, you still don't have a map, but you see a skulking form move from one of the aisles.

Attempt to determine where and what the issue is.
You look at the map f the ship and request the computer add a technical overlay:
[5+1][?] It seems that the wiring is okay, in fact better than okay, excellent even! The signals are being transmitted so efficiently, that the processor can't keep up with the feedback, causing a lag of several minutes.

”Hmm… clearly someone has been meddling… but why? An illegal space-liquor still? Can they even be made with an airlock? Or has someone shoved something out of it… Or WANTS to shove something out of it! HA! I’ve foiled your evil plan, Mungo! Right, let’s see if we can fix this fecker without getting a spanner through the back of my skull, eh?”

Take all the wiring out and rewire the damn thing. Clearly fixing it is less important than removing the strange override thing the evil Mungo has installed.

If this fails, then smack the panel very hard with my spanner.

Keep spanner in hand or belt at ALL times, at the ready to defend myself against sneak attack.

You motion to to fix the illegal modifications:
[2-1] You rip the offending wires apart, this doesn't seem to do anything other than to expose more of the innards of the electrical systems.
[6] In a bout of frustrated rage you slam your heavy spanner into the collection of exposed wires and power relays! Naturally, you're overcome by powerful spasms, you bite your tongue and soil yourself explosively causing the onlookers to recoil in horror! However, the door is now somehow able to receive holo-commands, you must have completed the necessary circuits in there! Well done you!
[3] Speaking of you, you gurgle and have the urge to lie down and close your eyes.

Spoiler:  status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM's notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 01:37:09 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Adrift on the limitless ocean. (Turn three, painful success!)
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2013, 12:39:05 pm »

Clean up and spot wield the leak.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2013, 01:04:03 pm »

Ignore him! FIND A MAP.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2013, 03:41:32 pm »

"Euh... Nothing to see here, folks..." mumbled Gubbins, jotting the job well done down in her notepad and backing away from the onlookers whilst keeping her backside out of view. Once round the corner, she hurried to her cabin to change her trousers and get cleaned up. That had been quite a buzz. A little harsh, but pretty enjoyable nonetheless. She'd remember it for the next time she was too broke to drink.

Get clean and changed in my cabin and then look for another task.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2013, 04:18:43 pm »

Uh... well... if the stowaway gets stuck in there atleast I don't have to worry about him.

Contact my superior and ask him if I can have permission to enter the vault and get me a way in by long range communication if possible. If it is possible then head straight to the vault. If it's not possible, go ask my superior in person.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2013, 05:35:32 pm »

Submit a report detailing the evident inadequacies of the hardware and suggesting an upgrade to the processor or adding a parallel at the first opportunity.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adrift on the limitless ocean. (Turn four, Murderous Snobbery!)
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2013, 10:26:37 am »

Clean up and spot wield the leak.
[2+1]
[2+1]
You quickly realise that cleaning up a pool coming from a leak, and spot wielding a machine full of low ignition chemicals may be somewhat hazardous. Whilst pondering over this conundrum, you lose a bit of time.   
Ignore him! FIND A MAP.
[3]
You fail to ignore the man stepping from the aisle you remember previously exiting, maybe you missed a map at the entrance?
In any case you retrace your steps and manage to find the original airlock you entered the ship from.
[6]You find a receptacle and insert a chip to receive from it into your holo-pager and find that you are able to find the map app.
However, upon taking the chip, the machine in the wall starts flickering and completely powers down. It seems that there have been electrical disruptions in the area.
"Euh... Nothing to see here, folks..." mumbled Gubbins, jotting the job well done down in her notepad and backing away from the onlookers whilst keeping her backside out of view. Once round the corner, she hurried to her cabin to change her trousers and get cleaned up. That had been quite a buzz. A little harsh, but pretty enjoyable nonetheless. She'd remember it for the next time she was too broke to drink.

Get clean and changed in my cabin and then look for another task.
[5] You manage to leave the area with your dignity less damaged than it could have been, no one sees you.
After a while of following your map and listening to it chatter away locations, you come to your assigned quarters. whilst Spartan, it has all the necessities. You take a shower and then have several freshly fabbed uniforms delivered to your room, just in case of any more accidents.
[2] You call your bimbo Head, and report your success and ask for  more work. However, she looks disappointed.
"Sorry sweetie, I heard about your...operative capabilities...it seems that you managed to temporarily get the link working but severely damaged the main power relays in the process. Parts of the deck have started to shut down and I had to get teams to drop what they were doing and partition the rest of the deck from the affected systems. Go out and clean up the second mess you made today *cheeky smirk*.
*concerned look*Though in addendum, I do suppose you deserve some hazard pay, have a tenner.
Byeeeeeee~*"

-Tenner Get!-

Uh... well... if the stowaway gets stuck in there at least I don't have to worry about him.

Contact my superior and ask him if I can have permission to enter the vault and get me a way in by long range communication if possible. If it is possible then head straight to the vault. If it's not possible, go ask my superior in person.
[6] You contact the mild mannered man that messaged you earlier and tell him the mistake and for immediate access to the vault.
He looks overjoyed!
"I had just got word when you rang, I like your style miss! Complete non-tolerance towards the slimey threat against our passengers, even in the face of manslaughter. Go confirm that the scruffy blighter is dead and I'll give you your pay and a big fat bonus!
However, I should tell you that you'll need to give me a beep for 'spillage cleanup' once confirmed and then keep it to yourself, we can't have a go-getter like you dragged off in chains can we? *guffaw*"

[4] You hear a ding from your pager that confirms that you now have access, and the nearest lift agrees to take you to the vault, however, it's really taking it's bloody time about it!

Submit a report detailing the evident inadequacies of the hardware and suggesting an upgrade to the processor or adding a parallel at the first opportunity.
[2] You Breeep the bimbo you had words with and submit a complete report about the slow processor.
"Then replace it you hapless bag of bolts! You are an engineer not a bloody tech inspector! Now go graft on a pair and take a walk! Why you-"
[3] You debate whether you should ask for the parts to be pre-transported to the nearest airlock to the defect, but you come to the conclusion that you would waste CPU cycles doing so. Thus you abruptly end the call, cutting off a comparison of your worth to a lobotomised, quadriplegic donkey with erectile dysfunction.

Edit, atrocious spelling.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM's Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:23:26 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2013, 10:53:27 am »

”Bugger…” mumbled Gubbins, as she tried to work out whether she’d soiled herself before or after ruining the power for everyone else… ”Erm…”

Wander off to find what’s damaged. Fix it!

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2013, 11:30:23 am »

DAMMIT. UGH. See if I have a photographic memory and remember the map.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 04:35:03 pm by Greenstarfanatic »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2013, 12:17:57 pm »

No matter still do it.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2013, 01:22:21 pm »

DAMMIT. UGH. Find the breaker room or whatever this ship has. Or just wait for the power to come back on.
To clarify, the machine broke after you received it.
I'll try re-writing it to make it more clear. =]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9