Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Adrift on the limitless ocean. (Turn Fifteen. No bodies in the lift please. )  (Read 14458 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adrift on the limitless ocean. (Turn Zero: Prologue, background in OP)
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2013, 09:46:02 am »

Check my pager

Spoiler: related (click to show/hide)
I hid a few references myself. Try and spot them.   ;D

Edit: Been changing values of energy weapons in my .txt file.
The heavy rail pistol now has a universal 1 turn recharge rate.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 09:53:07 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2013, 10:24:19 am »

”Blasting feckery,” thinks Gubbins, shooting a nasty look at the nearest person to visibly crinkle their nose at her, ”All these shiny suited eejits shouting and bustling… wonder if I’ll be able to make any spare credits busking on my off-shifts…”

Head down to a deck where something may need fixing and check pager on the way.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 11:08:38 am »

MAKE MY FAMOUS DISH. HEUR DE LA BLEUR.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 11:17:14 am »

The Blue hour?   ???
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 11:47:52 am »

The Blue hour?   ???

Yes. He was very high when he named it.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 11:50:30 am »

Perfumes can have that affect.  :P
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 08:13:49 am by Innsmothe »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2013, 08:24:24 am »

Sorry, forgot I was in this.

Enter ship. Wonder why a robot has a pager--why anyone has a pager, actually, you'd think they'd be replaced by comm units or something. Regardless, check the pager once inside.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adrift on the limitless ocean. (Turn One...Who are these freaks?)
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2013, 09:19:13 am »

[Crowd impatience roll: 2] They look ready to kill, shift it. O.o

Check my pager
[?][?][Co-worker relationship roll: 1]
A holographic image of the Head Janitor matirialises.
A metalic voice plays as it forms "This is a recording."

The head Janitor is squat, mishapen and generally ugly.
" 'This the %£($*£ that cre'tivley sigh-nz iz ney-me az 'janitor'?
Well you be a twat and prolly a right little pooff.
Since you be such a waste o' lard, I'll see you off right quick, theres a spill o' flammable liquids somewhere in the man-ooo-factory, clean it up."
He flicks you off as he fades away.

Go on ahead and find a spot that's not in the way of everyone else. Then check my pager.
[5] You manage to find a spot free of potential angry crewmen.
[?][?][Co-worker relationship roll:5]
"This is a recording."
A gruff man, decked out in buckytube lined trans-newtonian liquid armour, fit similiarly like kevlar.* forms before you.
* (liquids that go spongey/semi-solid when hit, think of custard)
"Right miss, we have word that a impatient raffle winner or general stowaway has hidden himself somewhere in the ship. He is possibly armed and caution is advised. I appologise for lack of reliable information. Good luck"

”Blasting feckery,” thinks Gubbins, shooting a nasty look at the nearest person to visibly crinkle their nose at her, ”All these shiny suited eejits shouting and bustling… wonder if I’ll be able to make any spare credits busking on my off-shifts…”

Head down to a deck where something may need fixing and check pager on the way.
[5] Before you enter the ship you notice that the airlock has been vandalised rather crudley and will not be able to fuction,meaning that if the ship were to take off, it would very slowly oose out it's atmospere.
You flick on your pager.
"This is a recording"
[?][?][Co-worker relationship roll:6]
A very scantily clad and obiously drunk woman with long blond hair tied into two pony tails and wearing a pair of painsfully sheer stilletos forms before you.

"Heyo cutie *suggestive wiggle* I took alook at your profile when you joined up. Tasty!
Welp, there's been a report that one of the several hundred airlocks isn't working, can you fix it for me? *blow kiss*.
Byeeeeeee~!"
She fades out, leaving you consciously aware that three male crewmembers are gawking over your shoulder, drooling copiously. 
You look towards the airlock. Huh, that was handy.

MAKE MY FAMOUS DISH. HEUR DE LA BLEUR.
[1]You set off deep into the ship, without taking one of the handy 'universal computer uplink' chips that were at the entrance, and without the map and voice guidence by the computer systems you get hopelessly lost in this megacity sized vessal.
[2] Looking around, you would guess that the dark, echoing hall a short elevator ride has brought you would be a storage bay of some sort. After turning a corner you come to a Fabrication Unit*. Hmmm, it seems to be leaking. You walk closer and slip on a oily substance.
*Fabbrication Units aka Fabbers, assemble the raw matirials produced by replicators into useful and wanted items.
[6]
You manage to grab one of the hoses nearby and catch yourself, unfortunatley, the person or machine responisble for loading this thing on seems to have accidently left the welder it's attached to alight. Probably to light a cig or something, typical. 
In any case, the puddle catches.
[4] However, the stuff seems incredibly viscous, and the flame is spreading rather slowly.

Sorry, forgot I was in this.

Enter ship. Wonder why a robot has a pager--why anyone has a pager, actually, you'd think they'd be replaced by comm units or something. Regardless, check the pager once inside.
You wonder why you have a pager. [Knowlege:5+1] Why, it's built into you silly. <_<;
And calling a holographic mailing system a communicator wouldn't bee too accurate, especially untill you get the expected computer uplink chip at the entrance. Until then all you will be able to do is recieve transmistions .
You internally will the pager to activate.
[?][?][Co-worker relationship roll:2]
"This is a recording"
The scantalliy clad Chief Engineer appears once again.
However this time, she doesn't seem so jolly
"Oi, bolt face. Since you don't have a soul, can't love and %&*£, I'm giving you the nasty jobs.
One of the idiots that assembled this thing didn't wire up the navigation lights up correctley, and since you are a non-human, non- breathing and non-feeling husk, go fix 'em."
She promptly fades out.

Edit spellin' stuffs.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM note: (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:00:23 pm by Innsmothe »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2013, 09:29:26 am »

Go clean up that spill, locate my black mail book.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2013, 09:52:28 am »

AUGH. STAMP IT OUT! STAMP IT OUUUUUUT!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Adrift on the limitless ocean. (Turn One: ...Who are these freaks?)
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2013, 11:43:34 am »

Ah. That is a bit more than what we'd think of as a pager, but it certainly makes sense.

Locate navigation lights. Determine the problems and fix them if possible. If not, determine why I cannot. Delete thoughts in violation of the Second Law.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2013, 03:33:26 pm »

"Err..." said Gubbins, glancing at her pager as she pocketed it. "Someone's got the wrong idea... gee... Or just had way too much to drink... How does that even work? Wonder if I can get some digital coffee or something? Hmm, anyway..."

Sit down in front of the airlock and give it a good hard look, and then a good hard examination in preparation for fixing it. Make sure I have everything required.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2013, 03:51:28 pm »

((Crap sorry about being late.... forgot about this until now))

Already there is work to do. Well I wouldn't be here if they didn't need security.

Start walking around the ship where non-staff people are and look for someone who looks particularly nervous and jumpy.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go clean up that spill, locate my black mail book.
[5]
You grab the Computer uplink being deposited by a slot in the door and rush into the first lift available.
[5] You manage to work out how to work the controls using the holographic input system on your pager that came on with a *BLEEP* as you inserted the chip.
You order the lift to take you to the manfufactory.
[1]However, on exit, you can't think of a way to find one specific spill in amongst all these machines.
Boy,the Head Janitor is a jerk!

AUGH. STAMP IT OUT! STAMP IT OUUUUUUT!

In a mad panic you crash into the burning puddle, maybe not afraid for yourself, but you should certainly be for the wroth of the company if they learn you could have destroyed multi-million credit explosive equipment.

Wait, explosive equipment?! You look at the leaky fabber and notice, consciously this time, the multiple warning labels pointing out that the thing contains many high energy and toxic chemicals.  :o

[5]v[2] With fear inspired efficenty you stomp on the slow burning flames!
[Flame cohesiveness:2] It's dying out! 

Well done! You have financial security!

Ah. That is a bit more than what we'd think of as a pager, but it certainly makes sense.

Locate navigation lights. Determine the problems and fix them if possible. If not, determine why I cannot.
[5]You figure the 'nav lights' would be located on the the three towers, as they aren't really 'lights' more electronic beacons giving either strong several thousand kilometer warnings during intersteller or planetary travel, or weak signals when docked.
[5+1+1 On your way inside,trying to work out how to logically solve how to make sure which 'lights' are failing and which ones are running with the least amount of effort or time wasted, you notice the chips being distributed and insert it into your shell. You manage to interpret the uplink correctly and request locations to the failing units.
[?]Oh, just the one on the fore observation tower.
[1+1] However, you fail to communicate you need for the map to route there.
"Err..." said Gubbins, glancing at her pager as she pocketed it. "Someone's got the wrong idea... gee... Or just had way too much to drink... How does that even work? Wonder if I can get some digital coffee or something? Hmm, anyway..."

Sit down in front of the airlock and give it a good hard look, and then a good hard examination in preparation for fixing it. Make sure I have everything required.
You squat down and stare at the damage.
[4] It just seems that the external controls were carefully removed and bypassed.
[3-1] However, you have all the neccesary tools, but can't decided how to go about it, the bastard must be pretty fancy in his wiring skills. Yeah, thats it...

((Crap sorry about being late.... forgot about this until now))

Already there is work to do. Well I wouldn't be here if they didn't need security.

Start walking around the ship where non-staff people are and look for someone who looks particularly nervous and jumpy.
[5] You grab one the of the Computer Uplink chips and examine the map.
[6] You expertly deduce that the perp is a stowaway and not a impatient guest, going by the looks of that one engineers face, a decent electrician to boot! Adding all the information together, he would be in the place where no one would have access to! The vaults and valuables depository!
And you are pretty sure that in cases such as these you can have the computer gain you access.
[1] However, in your genius sleuthing, you forgot to alocate time to...you know...working a way to get there.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GMs Notes (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 05:52:52 pm by Innsmothe »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

Call up head Janitor(he better not be my brother) and ask which spill, If he say all of them, get my black mail book and find something on him.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9