Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Adrift on the limitless ocean. (Turn Fifteen. No bodies in the lift please. )  (Read 14056 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thought I would do a fairly simple 'coffee break' RTD as I put finishing touches to a more complex one I am working on, which is thanks in part to Harry Baldman, who's RTD's spring forth inspiration like meth does dopamine.
I started one years ago, but since I was in Uni at the time, as well as planning for it rather shittily, it didn't go farther than a few posts.

Fairly simple.
You my 'lucky' friend are a crew member of the DawnSwan, a large 'cheap thrills' space faring cruiseliner.
Your possible duties are as follows:

Bridge Crew: Snazzy uniform, small pistol, near unlimited access to ship and controls.
Engineer: tools of the trade, shock and trauma resistant suit. free EVA access. You are expected to keep out of sight of the passengers.
Chef: Blades, blades, ooooh a hammer…and more blades. Chefs uniform. You are worked like a slave. *whip crack* and aren't expected to be outside of the kitchen.
Security: Intimidating uniform. Heavy rail pistol. Free access to armoury.
Doctor:tools of the trade, White uniform, Unlimited access to ship (by emergency announcement only).
General crew: Cheap uniform, Datapad.
Cleaner: Here’s a mop I guess, limited 'official' access to ship.

I tried to balance the list as much as possible, please speak up if you think you can improve it. =]

Spoiler: General Mechanics: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Char sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Crew (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)

I will only accept five people at a time and 1 post per turn.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 09:40:40 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Adrift on the limitless ocean. (pre-game jitters)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 04:33:18 pm »

Name:Janitor
Assignment:CleanerJanitor
Bio:His past is long and unknown(also maybe made up at some parts)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 04:38:46 pm »

Thanks. ^^

By the way, by 'coffee break' I mean it will be fairly relaxed on story, but I will be testing the complex stuff for my other RTD. It's just for fun at the moment, but if it gets really interesting I may develop it more
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:40:20 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 04:47:23 pm »

Name: Stacey Gubbins
Assignment: Engineer
Bio: A failed busker back on earth, Stacey took a night school course in basic engineering and was soon snapped up by the crew of the HMS DawnSwan. Having spent years messing about fixing bikes as a hobby before her formative busking walkabout across what's left of Earth's more cultural cities, she seems to have a natural knack for fixing stuff, especially when it's simple and involves persistence, smacking, and inventive swearing.

Permanently grubby fingered and often filthy faced, she can usually be found in the depths of the ship wanging things as hard as she can with her trusty spanner whilst whining Dylan classics in the mistaken belief no one can hear her. The only thing as dear to her as her spanner is her guitar, safely stored in her cabin. That and her mental Dylan songbook.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 04:57:53 pm »

Nice.

As another addendum, there will be...consequences for actions that are repeated without plausible explainations or witty word-age.
This will be to promote 'creativity' and not by any means to reduce the boredom of the GM  ;)

A valid usage of action repeat-age would be:
Hacking the airlock doors as either you or someone else slowly suffocates there-in.
Bashing in a irritatingly hesitant consumables delivery machine.
etc.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 05:00:10 pm by Innsmothe »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 05:30:43 pm »

Name: decap-420-J39JS-engin-025
Gender: Robotic; Gender association varies with personality chip and mood
Biography: No
Mechanography: The robot, more commonly called "Denny Engineer" by the crew, is based on a modular model roughly resembling a crab or something. It has six legs, slayed out to the sides but articulated to allow forward or reverse as well as sideways movement, and four "arms," currently outfitted with assorted tools. "Denny" has a series of "personality modules," which currently make him somewhat obedient as long as he's not working detrimental to the ship or humanity itself...although it makes him a bit (unintentionally?) sarcastic, a trait which no amount of replacing modules has helped.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 05:42:29 pm »

I'm in. I'll put a sheet up when I get home.

Name: Jacques Fefére
Assignment: Cook!
Bio: Jacques has made a vow to travel the universe, and cook for absolutely everyone. His estimate is that after three years, he's about halfway done.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:33:38 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 05:44:25 pm »

Name: decap-420-J39JS-engin-025
Gender: Robotic; Gender association varies with personality chip and mood
Biography: No
Mechanography: The robot, more commonly called "Denny Engineer" by the crew, is based on a modular model roughly resembling a crab or something. It has six legs, slayed out to the sides but articulated to allow forward or reverse as well as sideways movement, and four "arms," currently outfitted with assorted tools. "Denny" has a series of "personality modules," which currently make him somewhat obedient as long as he's not working detrimental to the ship or humanity itself...although it makes him a bit (unintentionally?) sarcastic, a trait which no amount of replacing modules has helped.
Any idea how you would like to have your extra limbs calibrated?
Extra strength, speed, dexterity etc ?
Plus to chose whether to have the limbs as purely positive traits, to be balanced by sarcasm and latent crew technophobia, or to have the limbs come along with negative traits as well?
The latter for example could be that you get a bonus on balance checks on your legs, but a minus on speed rolls.
I'm in. I'll put a sheet up when I get home.
You be noted.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 06:16:36 pm by Innsmothe »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 06:34:17 pm »

My character sheet
Plus to chose whether to have the limbs as purely positive traits, to be balanced by sarcasm and latent crew technophobia, or to have the limbs come along with negative traits as well?
The latter for example could be that you get a bonus on balance checks on your legs, but a minus on speed rolls.
I had imagined advantages being standard robotic thingies like not worrying about metabolic hazards or sleeping or breathing, plus a computer brain, built-in tools, and somewhat modular components, with disadvantages being vulnerability to mechanabolic hazards (like EMPs or running out of power), lack of manual dexterity, subservience to the crew, vulnerability to involuntary modification, etc.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Adrift on the limitless ocean. (pre-game jitters, One open spot left.)
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 08:52:53 pm »

My sheet's up.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: Adrift on the limitless ocean. (pre-game jitters, One open spot left.)
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 10:23:18 pm »

Name: Reina
Assignment: Security
Bio: All you need to know is she the kind of person who can and will break your arm just for making her the slightly bit upset. Though luckily that doesn't happen much.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 10:30:47 pm by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 03:09:05 am »

My character sheet
I had imagined advantages being standard robotic thingies like not worrying about metabolic hazards or sleeping or breathing, plus a computer brain, built-in tools, and somewhat modular components, with disadvantages being vulnerability to mechanabolic hazards (like EMPs or running out of power), lack of manual dexterity, subservience to the crew, vulnerability to involuntary modification, etc.
I can work with that.

Ok guys, everything's set. Don't know if I will be able to get the introductory posts up this soonish, only just got up. Will try to get everthing done for this afternoon.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Turn 0: Introduction and Prologue
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2013, 09:07:17 am »

It’s 2253-06-15 0800, at the Lunar docking station above Airy City. Small shuttles and yachts skim the thin atmosphere bellow, barely avoiding the hazard zone where daredevil holiday makers dive from above.
The station itself is ablaze with lights, mostly garish and defunct, often complained about by the average 9-5 spacegoer. Its construction is immense, its current diameter being the equivalent to the continent of Australia, with an overall polar length rivalling that the Arabian peninsular.
 Considering its proportions its main hub is tiny in comparison to the ever expanding arc of docking berths around it, or the column stretching underneath it, housing its cargo storage and energy supply for both the station and the ships too large to dock in lunar facilities.
The housing compliment of the station is meagre, and most of it temporary only, catering to ship crew on shore leave, businessmen and economic analysts. And whilst it is the main hub for trans-planetary and interstellar travel it’s also the largest trading city.
And in this main economic hub, A new business enterprise has set up shop.

Blazing White Star Cruises.

It is the proud owner of the first top of the range Colossus class liner, the HMS Dawning Swan. It is a huge ship worthy of its name, the size of the average 21st century super city. It boasts a crew compliment of four hundred thousand (not counting non-biological entities) and a passenger complement around two million. With most of it’s bulk going to facilities, energy production, propulsion and storage.
It is equipped with basic hull plating, designed mainly to resist micro-metorite impact, low calibre fire, low intensity energy weapons and internal explosions.
It has two rail guns, calibrated to fire explosive E.M.P shells.

It is the eve of it’s maiden voyage, a sub-light cruise around the system. Those on board will likely be the ships designers, the company's main financial backers, a few politicians vying fore re-election and a million free loaders who won in the raffle drive.

The ship has finished loading and the crew are being let on board to get quarters and sort out their stuff, before they are given their pre-flight assignments.
You five are currently obstructing one of the gangways.
You five currently see (omit yourself): A shifty looking individual holding a faux-antique mop. A surly, oil, chemical lubricant stained woman, the mere smell makes your eyes sting. A squat hexapedal robot. A tanned and confident Chef, a gleaming knife tucked in his waist sash. An amazonian-esque security officer glaring at you. And several hundred impatient crewmen who yell at you to shift yourselves into the damn ship already. 
Your pagers beep, signalling that you have unread mail.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Edit: code fixing.
Spoiler:  Gm Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 09:53:59 am by Innsmothe »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Adrift on the limitless ocean. (Turn Zero: Prologue, background in OP)
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2013, 09:22:56 am »

Check my pager

Spoiler: related (click to show/hide)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: Adrift on the limitless ocean. (Turn Zero: Prologue, background in OP)
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2013, 09:39:13 am »

Go on ahead and find a spot that's not in the way of everyone else. Then check my pager.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9