Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Demon extermination  (Read 2609 times)

Jahsg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demon extermination
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 05:02:38 pm »

Clown silk makes clothing worthy of the gods themselves.

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 08:10:39 pm »

If the artifact table is made out of iron or higher quality metal won't it just be encased in the obsidian and be able to be broken out later?
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 08:55:48 pm »

That's what I meant.

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 07:41:49 am »

That's what I meant.

But, we don't know if the table is magma safe or not! Just out of curiosity, why is an artifact table in the kill tunnel?
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

Wurgel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 08:10:14 am »

That's what I meant.

But, we don't know if the table is magma safe or not! Just out of curiosity, why is an artifact table in the kill tunnel?

To lure the clowns to it and giving them some fun, flipping endlessly the unbreakeble table while standing on their favorite "massage"-spot?

MattStriker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 09:07:54 am »

Probably somebody was carrying it when the Fun broke loose.

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2013, 09:15:30 am »

The table is made of horse bones and yes it was a clown bait. I caused a cavein and the table survived. It was just deconstructed and flinged to the other side of the tunnel.
I also managed to wall of the HFS and I am rebuilding my trap. But this time it will have steel and bluemetal spikes!

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 04:28:40 pm »

Inorganic demons are really hard to kill. While you could dig out a tunnel adjacient to the main passage and carve fortifications so marksdwarves can shoot at them, I don't know if it would do any good. Bolts tend to be unable to kill an inorganic demon. Steam demons or something along those lines are hilariously fragile, so they aren't even a threat. But if you get a gabbro demon, or made out of a similar rocky or even metal substance, then you're in trouble.

You could try magma, as the demons are made out of coal. Coal burns, right? Set them on fire and let them burn away.

If they're made out of magma safe rock or metal, then you're in trouble. You may just have to wall them off an entomb them.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2013, 05:03:20 pm »

Make a demon silk farm. See if demon silk does burn in magma.

If not... well, fireimmune dwarves !

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2013, 06:35:52 pm »

That's what I meant.

From what I understand, artifacts burn forever
I assume artifact furniture, being indestructible, even if made of ice, won't melt from the magma
I mean, a normal wall doesn't melt from magma when made of ice
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2013, 07:11:41 pm »

From what I understand, artifacts burn forever
I assume artifact furniture, being indestructible, even if made of ice, won't melt from the magma
I mean, a normal wall doesn't melt from magma when made of ice

Burning objects will take damage over time, and become more and more worn until they're destroyed.

An artifact can never be damaged. Sure, you can dump an artifact into the magma ocean or have it stolen, but it will never take any fire damage. It will therefore continue to burn. Forever.
Pages: 1 [2]