Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: [Succession Game] Innsmouth: Something's fishy about this place  (Read 5838 times)

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
Re: [Succession Game] Innsmouth: Something's fishy about this place
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2013, 05:17:38 pm »

Destra, could you tell me who was dwarfed and died on your turn?  At this rate, I'd kind of like to keep track of how many of each named dwarf bites it.

kopout will be added to the turns list
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Mooglit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2013, 06:36:49 pm »

Well, doesn't this sound delightfully terrible? :D

Could I be dwarfed please? Male, any job is fine.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2013, 11:29:44 pm »

Yes! YES! FIGHT THE CURSE OF INNSMOUTH!! FIGHT IT!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2013, 01:35:04 am »

I'm suddenly not able to play till thursday at least. If someone wants to take a turn I can pass my list position to him.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Destra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2013, 09:10:25 am »

Ummm well I dwarfed our original starting 7 as the starting 7 here of people, thennnn some died, were named as dead and redwarfed later , its all in the post I wrote , atm I'm at work and on my phone and its a lot harder to find out stuff via phone then computer :p but it should all be inside the post I made

Hylas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2013, 10:33:47 am »

I'd like to take a turn.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Urist R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2013, 11:13:12 pm »

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Urist R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
KAALIIIIMMAAAAAHHHH!!!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2013, 01:37:01 pm »

I would like a turn.  Also a dorf, named Lightningfalcon.  Preferably militia, but if not, then either a miner or a smith. 
Viva la R'yleh!
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2013, 02:45:32 pm »

1st Granite.

Chaosgear, the Only Inhabitant of Innsmouth, was quite content with his life.
The last cultist of Deep Ones, he had to prepare this place for newcomers, so they can settle here and wait for Rebirth.
His friends has already joined the Deep Ones and were roaming around here, possibly attacking everyone in sight. THa's the true sign of Spirit of Depth not being happy with that. He had to do something that pleases The Spirit and his transformed friends.

So, first thing to do is to set memorial signs for each of them.

17th Granite
An ambassador form outside world evaded the wrath of Deep Ones and made into Inn of Innsmouth. That's good, he can bring the letters to other brothers in faith who've been hiding all over the land, keeping the Cult in secret.

3rd Felsite
28 new cultists has come to this place! The Reborn Deep Ones tried to convince newcomers to join them, but it's not right time now. First we need to prepare, and then...

((OOC: Everyone (re)dorfed!))
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 02:54:07 pm by peregarrett »
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2013, 11:57:04 pm »

Dorf me as Scruffy, the Mad old man
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2013, 01:38:27 pm »

It's summer now. We met elven traders and they brought a lot of useless crap, so we took whatever seemed leeast useless and kicked them off.

We've started construction of the Harbour. Deep Ones need it, so we need it too.

We've got another group of cultists, 12 this time. They met Questmoits the Stirred Naughtness, the undead horse. CognitiveDissonance went to calm it, but he failed. No worry, dear friend, when we finish the Harbour and Deep City, you'll get your Rebirth. Rest till that.

The res of the squad calmed it easily

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2013, 03:19:06 pm »

It's autumn.
First, we have kobold ambush here. A few bowbolds and one with spear. GatorForce 3rd met them and... looks like kobolds knew his fighting style and shattered his teeth with first strike, so gator could not bite them. So, shot with arrows and stabbed with spear, Gator perished.

Then we got osprey attacking our masons who were building the Harbour. Who ever knew that such small bird can pinch the skull to the brain? Then mason got Rebirth and atacked others. uckily there were rangers who shot him. You'll get your rebirth later!

GatorFace

• Bay Watcher
  • A face fit for a reptile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2013, 06:37:31 pm »

Mah teefs!  :o

Did the kobolds get put down, or are they still hanging around outside our walls?

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2013, 10:10:20 am »

28th of Obsidian, 1055.
Grateful Elders, we've done to next spring. There were some incidents, but the Harbour is done, and our builders are working on Deep City's scaffoldings. Meanwhile, glassworkers are making glass components for pumps.

That was quite a project - especially if you remember that goo that covers whole seas surface and causes dizziness. Two of us joined Deep Ones before we finished it, and they made some trouble - all masons were scaried of them sitting on the sea bottom, so I had to keep sending our rangers there again and again.

First one, Cog the woodcrafter, fell into the sea just after he made a chastnut earring called The Divine Aquamarine Versa:

I guess the Call of the Depth was too strong for him.

Second one was LightningFalcon the Ranger who dodged attack of undead dog right into the sea.

So, for a whole time we were building the scaffoldings, they sit there and watched us. So, I had to repeately send the squad there to calm them for a time.
And only when it was almost done, both Cog and Falcon turned and travelled under the sea toward our Inn. That's not the way Deep Ones should behave! Rangers met them abd shot them - Cog is sitill underwater while Falcon's body was placed into graveyard. We'll dive it into Deep City later

And when we did that, Ezum the Bnecarver made this:

A true sign of Deep Ones!

So, now we have to make pumps to uncover the sea bottom and construct the Pyramid there. But I have to leave that to next overseer.

Just a few pics of our current state:
The Deep City (under construction):

The graveyard where dead friends await their Rebirth:

Workshops area and memory hall:

And meeting room. Ghostly Priest of Dagon just battered some animal trainer, but I guess he'll be ok. The slab hasn't been placed yet.

Our numbers grew to 42, and we're doing quite well.
We have dug the way down to warm stones and opened two caverns. Also we've dried the old halls that were flooded by accident.
Things are going well for a small town.

Save is here:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7465

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2013, 11:01:19 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is a dirty leather parchment, found in a dusty corner. Nobody is quite sure how it got in, or who wrote it.

"This place is beyond anything I have imagined. The Deep Ones' blesssing is strong across the land, and their servants walk the land openly. Truly, I am blessed. I need not hide my allegiance any longer. I need not endure the disgusting, unknowing company of common dwarves. I have come home.

A great horse is approaching me. This is a magnificient creature, the flesh rotten and bloated. I am obviously chosen for my hard labour and sacrifice, and this is the emmisary. I shall approach it. I shall offer my life to it. I am sure the Deep Lords shall reward my faith."
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5