Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: SCP: Site 12 Administrator's Conference Room  (Read 4529 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: SCP: Site 12 Administrator's Conference Room
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2013, 11:22:16 pm »

Just to emphasize, part of my main proposal was to ensure that all areas and facilities have audio and video surveillance. Including employee quarters. Just... so you guys know, or in case that isn't cool with your character.
Does this include the restrooms?
Yes.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2013, 11:23:40 pm »

Just to emphasize, part of my main proposal was to ensure that all areas and facilities have audio and video surveillance. Including employee quarters. Just... so you guys know, or in case that isn't cool with your character.
Yes.
Everything except the chairs.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2013, 11:25:04 pm »

Administrators building should not be monitored.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2013, 11:35:03 pm »

Yes.
That's a violation of peoples' privacy! If it makes you feel better, if you had said "No" I would have called it a security risk.

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2013, 11:37:29 pm »

Yes.
That's a violation of peoples' privacy! If it makes you feel better, if you had said "No" I would have called it a security risk.
And forcing them to expose themselves to dangerous things is a violation of their free will. They'll learn to deal with it.
Well, at least the tapes should be sealed to everyone but us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2013, 11:38:20 pm »

Yes.

True, but still, privacy? Bah. We are the Special Chair Protector Foundation!
Sig! Onol

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2013, 11:39:54 pm »

Disagree. Administrators can breach protocol too, evidence should be in place in case of any breach.

And yes, even restrooms should be monitored. Privacy is a small sacrifice for the safety of humanity.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2013, 11:44:16 pm »

Well, at least the tapes should be sealed to everyone but us.
No. At the very least, let the security staff view them. And they should probably be available to anyone with a good reason to view them; that keeps everyone, admins included, honest.

Oh, and...

If it makes you feel better, if you had said "No" I would have called it a security risk.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2013, 11:47:02 pm »

I move to have doctors Joe Bridger and Grant W. Drake be given temporary administrative access, in light of the current absence of two of our chief of staff.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2013, 11:48:40 pm »

I saw that.

The Admins should be at least mildly separated from security staff and such. The containment of SCPs is our main priority. Security personnel, scientists, agents, and class D personnel are all probably going to be exposed to an SCP at least once in their working time here. This provides a very grave risk to our security if a malicious SCP was able to access feeds of the boardroom, and learn of our decisions. If we ever planned to destroy it, it could try and preemptively escape.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2013, 11:49:02 pm »

I move to have doctors Joe Bridger and Grant W. Drake be given temporary administrative access, in light of the current absence of two of our chief of staff.
Seconded.
Sig! Onol

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2013, 11:49:50 pm »

Seconded.
Agreed.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2013, 11:50:02 pm »

I agree Dr. Drake, if tapes ever become relevant to research they should be provided to the appropriate scientist, if they reveal a security risk they should be provided to security. Administrators of course should have unlimited access,  except in cases of O5 intervention or potential containment threat of viewing footage.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2013, 11:53:13 pm »

I saw that.

The Admins should be at least mildly separated from security staff and such. The containment of SCPs is our main priority. Security personnel, scientists, agents, and class D personnel are all probably going to be exposed to an SCP at least once in their working time here. This provides a very grave risk to our security if a malicious SCP was able to access feeds of the boardroom, and learn of our decisions. If we ever planned to destroy it, it could try and preemptively escape.

This is a good point. Very well, i propose that direct and intentional observation of SCP footage be limited to security and scientists with appropriate clearance. It is in fact a breach of protocol for site administrators to intentionally deal with SCP's directly, and our policy regarding footage should reflect this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2013, 12:13:38 am »

I approve.

A greater risk than a hostile anomaly, and a much more probable one, would be administrative staff abusing their power over the tapes. And, anyways, how are the security staff supposed to do their job properly if they can't even view security tapes?
Are administrators also the only ones with access to weapons on base, in case a muderous anomaly takes control of a security staff member?
How about research notes and containment procedures? Are you not afraid that hostile anomalies would glean valuable information from those?
And what if an administrative staff member is affected?
(Although you do have a point with D-classers...although they should never have a legitimate reason to have access to security footage in the first place...)

I saw that.

This is a good point. Very well, i propose that direct and intentional observation of SCP footage be limited to security and scientists with appropriate clearance. It is in fact a breach of protocol for site administrators to intentionally deal with SCP's directly, and our policy regarding footage should reflect this.
I have no disagreements with this.
Sig
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7