Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What kind of place should we embark?

Evil as can be! (Unfortunately this may not be a viable option, as evil=irradiated)
- 3 (37.5%)
A wild forest.
- 2 (25%)
In the middle of a desert.
- 2 (25%)
Flat plain/shrubland.
- 1 (12.5%)
Jaggy hills/mountain.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: DF Fallout Mod: Amatorlaboro, Loverworks (FUN... FUN never changes.)  (Read 12504 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: DF Fallout Mod: Amatorlaboro, Loverworks (FUN... FUN never changes.)
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2013, 08:14:18 pm »

I think there are some officers without arms (they have no trouble wielding a weapon and a shield with one hand though). I planned to put them in cryo, but if you want to stay amputee, you have some candidates Greasmunky can call after you.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

sinuan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2013, 08:40:57 pm »

I think there are some officers without arms (they have no trouble wielding a weapon and a shield with one hand though). I planned to put them in cryo, but if you want to stay amputee, you have some candidates Greasmunky can call after you.

That would make me very happy :D  I like adversity

Greasemunky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2013, 10:21:14 pm »

Couldn't find any officers with missing limbs, but I'll go ahead and citizen you as one of them, not like they aren't going be trauma free for very long.

Journal of Overseer Greasemunky

13th Galena:

Wastelander caravan came today, but their wagons couldn't get to us thanks to the trees and piles of crap in the way. I sent some chaps out to clear that problem.

Other problem: I told the idiots to take the cages to the depot for trading AND THEY DECIDE TO LET THE PRISONERS FREE. I really hope that nobody useful dies.

I did have some fun making one into a dartboard however.

That gives me an idea...

18th of Galena:

HA, some wannabe child snatcher ran smack into Officer Sinuan... this should be funn- OH CRAP THEY AMBUSHED HIM...
Credit where it's due, that was pretty clever.

Sinuan dodges for his life!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And slams a cannie RIGHT in the face spilling his teeth everywhere!
Buuuut things take a turn for the worse...
Good thing I didn't have time to place my bets.

Some of the other officers have joined in the fray!
And one of them brought their... baby. Well, least those alleles aint gonna get passed on.
Another officer down. Their coming in one at a time, and not all of them have spectacular dodging abilities.

However, the rest of our boys in whatever they could get show up and things start to go downhill for the people eaters.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meanwhile a child snatcher shows up and stabs Mr.Happyface in the hand, causing him to pass out before the cannie takes off like the wind.

This was not a good day.

22nd Galena:

Oh jumpin jesus on a pogo stick what is that thing! Is it the Thing or a different Thing? It tore apart a dog and is trying to rip an officer to shreds.

EAT COBALT YOU THING.

It's dead! And after seeing that, there is no way I'm staying sober for much longer.

And hey, fps rose from 4 to 12 from all the death.  That's good, right?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2013, 11:17:44 pm »

Yep, that monster left a child, haha. I wonder if someone else is The Thing now. Did it kill many?

By the way, I would suggest NOT to go out to fight in the open, fight in barracks. These are just puny cannibals. A single supermutant can kill 4-6 armored armed people, so a squad of 6-10 mutants requires at least two steel-clad squads with masterwork weapons. Don't fight in the open!

And don't forget about enclave, their mere ambushes show up in power armor.

Another tip is to pick only those with agility > 1200 and no penalties in other physical stats as officers. DF Therapist is awesome tool, I was so ineffective when I did not know about it :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2013, 12:07:36 am »

I'm in!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Vayaviya Vayu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Divine Wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 21, 2013, 04:57:34 am »

Updated the OP. I do love what you two have done with the place. Maybe I'll take another shot at overseeing some time, if no one else joins. I've been practicing quite a bit.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2013, 09:29:13 am »

don't have enough free time in the near future to join the game...but I would like a Vault Dweller to be named after me...but only if you promise they will die horribly. 

Oh, and it looks like mediafire is blocking the file for containing "copyrighted material: A Kiss to Build a Dream On, by Louis Armstrong"
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 10:48:21 am by JediaKyrol »

Vayaviya Vayu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Divine Wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2013, 11:12:01 am »

don't have enough free time in the near future to join the game...but I would like a Vault Dweller to be named after me...but only if you promise they will die horribly. 

Oh, and it looks like mediafire is blocking the file for containing "copyrighted material: A Kiss to Build a Dream On, by Louis Armstrong"
Oh, poop. Well its just the latest version of the Fallout mod with Dwarf Therapist included, you can just download those two.

Greasemunky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2013, 12:00:42 pm »

Congrats, you've just secured yourself an officer!
They have a lower lifespan than both Imperial Guardsmen and Redshirts.
Also, I didn't try to fight out in the open, but the officer chased the thief into an ambush. And the thing didn't kill anything outright but a dog, it did however wound an officer.

Ahh, there's no ore on this map is there?

Journal of Overseer Greasemunky

24th Galena

Another officer died today, this one fell into a pool and drowned... So in under a month, a full half of our officers have given up the ghost.
The broker bought all the wood that the caravan was hauling, as well as some foodstuffs.

I've decided to start digging a ditch around the compound to limit the access that invaders have, as well as a road to let the wagons come in.

16th Limestone
Not much has been happening, but recently a large pile of goods was spotted on the road construction site. Looks like a caravan spilled or something, it's ours now.

(Seriously, the fort has been going along at a snails pace, and the miners are lazy little dopes)
And hey, fps rose from 4 to 12 from all the death.  That's good, right?

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2013, 01:54:00 pm »

I like what you've done with the fort, the ditch is a good idea.  Can I be citizen'd?
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

burchalka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2013, 04:34:12 pm »

Wow - just read it all in one sitting.
Amazing story guys, keep rolling.

I'd like a vault dveller. Don't care about gender/profession.

@Deon - great job with the mod Thanks!

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2013, 04:52:56 pm »

Could I have another dwarf citizen? Something in engineering/smelting or crossbow/rifle making.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 05:01:05 pm by CognitiveDissonance »
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

QuiteFranklyMyMaN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2013, 05:54:37 pm »

How does this work exactly?

Big_James_B

• Bay Watcher
  • Veteran Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2013, 05:19:41 am »

Well, now that I have semi-working internet and am currently cleaning my desk of magic cards, a pocket watch, various cd cases and one of those wedding flower things I have time to read up on the fort…
Oh my, we are in trouble. Well with Big James being killed it sort of is quite...well let’s just say that my little "I'll put down a quick journal thing" isn't feasible anymore, but I'll do it anyway. This is a rough draft, an extremely rough draft…

"Found in a corner of the former Security Chief's, this datapad looks ancient. Perhaps it was from before the war, or made sometime after it. What you do know is that it is certainly Vault-Tec technology and you almost leapt with joy when you found it. Unfortunately, much to your dismay, when you booted it up you found that much of its internal capacity was already filled with various files. Most of the files were of a Security Nature - daily reports, weapons inventories, and the like. What remained after you had sorted through the files was a small series of recorded voice files marked with the lone word 'journal' followed by a number.
You sit down in the common room with the datapad, the green light illuminating the large chamber and begin to read."

Journal Entry 1
Start of Journal Entry One.
Father allowed me to accompany him on his patrol of the vault today. It was tedious and boring but exciting as well. I cannot describe why I found the patrol both boring and exciting, but it was better than sitting in the classroom all day listening to Mister Slade talk about...well whatever he talks about. Father says I should stop daydreaming in class and pay attention, otherwise I'd probably end up a garbage burner or a fry cook - he stressed that they were both integral parts of the Vault but he would prefer for me to be a security officer or Vault chaplain, which isn't that much different to a security officer, no offense to Mister O'Leary. I'm off to study with Nicole now.
End of Journal Entry One.

Journal Entry 2
Start of Journal Entry Two
Mister Slade talked to me after class today and said exactly what my father had been telling me for the past few weeks...or I should say "week cycles". Nobody knows how it is outside and if we're the only ones alive. I returned to our quarters later today and father wasn't there. I'll get to start on my science homework before...huh, someone’s at the door, I'll have to end my entry here.
End of Journal Entry Two.

Journal Entry 3
Start of Journal Entry Three.
We all had the day off of school today. That was strange. I went down into engineering and managed to find an old computer shell in the corner of a storage room. It was covered in dust and looked even older than the ones we're using now! Nicole helped me to bring it into my room and I'm sitting here trying to get it working. It’s a tough old girl, but I think...yes! There we go, all done! Ah James, you are a wizard when it comes to computers...
[UNIDENTIFIABLE SOUNDS]
James, get your things. We're leaving.
Leave? But we can't even open...
James! Now is not the time for…
[UNIDENTIFIABLE SOUNDS]
JOURNAL ENTRY ENDS PREMATURELY

Journal Entry 4
Start of Journal Entry Four
We've been walking for a few cycles now. I couldn't find Nicole, and father he...he...
[SILENCE]
Mister Slade managed to download some map data to his PIPBoy before we left the Vault. Father shoved me into the ventilation system and when I left I managed to find a small group of other people from the Vault - Mister Slade was with them. He took command and said that he knew of another Vault that we could find refuge in. He also assigned me as a temporary Security Chief, even though he was hesitant in doing so. After traveling for a few hours we walked into another group of people from the Vault. The scene was horrible. People were bloody and a few were visibly trembling...all they spoke of was black figures. Mister Slade told those who would listen where we were going and that those who wanted to live should follow. Very few did.
[UNIDENTIFIABLE SOUND]
I trudge along with the others in this...I don't know what to call this world. Everything looks wilted and dead. Not like the images we were shown in the Vault. I can feel a dark cloud wash over the group, and we've been out of food for...for the last three cycles. We have no idea where we can find food, and the last few water sources we found were extremely stagnant and foul looking...Not a lot of us are going to make it. Perhaps we'll find this next Vault - if there is another Vault - one hundred yards over that hill...
I think I am going crazy. I start to understand and actually follow Rumrusher along with his ideas...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2013, 07:23:17 am »

Oh, poop. Well its just the latest version of the Fallout mod with Dwarf Therapist included, you can just download those two.
Don't use Mediafire, use DFFD! Also we are not playing "the latest version of Fallout mod", it's a custom install :D.

Also, I didn't try to fight out in the open, but the officer chased the thief into an ambush. And the thing didn't kill anything outright but a dog, it did however wound an officer.
Heh, that's why there's a burrow covering the whole save area. Use that!

Another officer died today, this one fell into a pool and drowned...
How is... I don't even... Okay.

Ahh, there's no ore on this map is there?
There's not supposed to be a lot of ore, and you don't need to mine a lot. Build aboveground! If you mine a lot, there will be too many artifacts and you will succumb to too many sieges. Trust me, I know what I am lalking about :D.

Use ore from scavenging! That's a good amount.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 07:26:09 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11