Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What kind of place should we embark?

Evil as can be! (Unfortunately this may not be a viable option, as evil=irradiated)
- 3 (37.5%)
A wild forest.
- 2 (25%)
In the middle of a desert.
- 2 (25%)
Flat plain/shrubland.
- 1 (12.5%)
Jaggy hills/mountain.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: DF Fallout Mod: Amatorlaboro, Loverworks (FUN... FUN never changes.)  (Read 12510 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: A Succession Game Using Deon's Fallout Mod? (Starting tomorrow, so vote!)
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 05:00:08 am »

You can find locations with 4 biomes pretty easily, just use the site finder, and big worlds have a lot of options.

The changes are those of 1.6, the list is pretty long.

Securitrons are expensive, but as I said even one may save the fort early on (or mr. Gutsy). If you must, you can increase embark points by some value in the worldgen settings.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Vayaviya Vayu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Divine Wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 05:12:16 am »

Sounds like a most awesome update, I'll modify the .zip to include it once I have my second sleep, as its currently 2am and I'm on my phone (oh the joys of biphasic sleep). If it remains a tie then I'll try my best to compromise, though I'm kinda leaning towards a forest, as more trees means more scrap. I'll do my best to include a securitron.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 08:18:31 am »

There was a little patch, 1,6b is the recent version. I think I axed and fixed all that I wanted, so we should be cool.+
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Vayaviya Vayu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Divine Wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 11:33:33 am »

I'll update the folder after a quick question, where did you put the token for aquifer? I can't find it, and I'd like to remove all aquifers.

EDIT: Figured it out not a minute later  :P
Updating the folder now.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 11:41:58 am »

I would be in on this! I'll take a stab at overseeing.

Vayaviya Vayu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Divine Wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 11:44:22 am »

Glad to hear! I do believe I'll begin my overseeing at noon, it's currently 8:44 where I am.

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Succession Game Using Deon's Fallout Mod? (Starting!)
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 03:53:11 pm »

PTW :D

Vayaviya Vayu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Divine Wind
    • View Profile
Re: DF Fallout Mod: Amatorlaboro, Loverworks (FUN... FUN never changes.)
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 06:10:33 pm »

1st Granite, 174(?), official logs of Overseer Vayaviya Vayu

These are the official logs of Overseer Vayaviya Vayu, I will record my findings for any hapless fool who stumbles upon it, or for if, if, I make it back to the Vault. It's been somewhere around 170 years since people have started counting years again. Germen only knows how long it's been until society as we knew it collapsed. We've been sent here to conduct research, or so they say. I have a feeling they actually just want to see if people can live in this particularly irradiated hellhole. All we've been given for protection is a copper bayonet, and a securitron. I assign both to TomatoWalrus, our resident metalsmith, as he seems to know how to use them best. Hopefully that'll be enough to stave off whatever may show up.

Arriving at our location I see all kinds of junk. That's good, maybe we'll actually be able to research some things here. If not, we may be able to salvage some very necessary materials.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Looking around, I also spot a nest of... Bees, was it?

My resident herbalist informs me that these are honey bees, capable of producing a sweet liquid called "honey". I shall keep this in mind. But for now I begin laying out plans for our outpost. We will need to get ourselves secure enough soon, as I hear there are all sorts of nasty creatures roaming these parts.

2nd Granite,
TomatoWalrus came to me with a problem today. Yep, one day in and we already have a problem. That securitron the Vault assigned us? It's not programmed for combat.When I asked him what in Germen's name the damn thing was programmed for, he informed me that... Well, it's programmed to do nothing, basically. Wonderful.

10th Granite,
The securitron seems to have taken a liking to taking shots at the local wild bighorners. It's plasma bolts are remarkably ineffective against them, they almost seem to not care. They eventually wander off. I shudder to think of what'll happen if an actual threat were to show up.
     In other news, the mining is going pretty well. Here, you can see the bedrooms, along with what will be my office at the top. I have decided I had better start logging what supplies we have, and any trading we do should be done by me. I am the overseer, after all.

13th Granite,
I sent TomatoWalrus to chase off the local wildlife, as I was tired of hearing that damned robot firing at them all day. Other than that, it's been pretty uneventful. I dug out a storage area, which will soon also be the... What was it, "workshop" area? Yes, that's right. All this is so new. I've never seen plants as big as these "trees" before in my life. Our resident biologist informs me that "wood" from these trees has a lot of uses. I think I've seen this "wood" being used in the Vault before. She also informed me that this "clay"  in the walls has a lot of uses, too. Interesting. She tried telling me about sand, but I already know about that. Hah.

18th Granite,
What is that? Quickly accessing the databanks, I find out no information. I call just call it a "dust storm". I doubt inhaling that crap would be very healthy, but luckily it's nowhere near anyone.

20th Granite,
Alright, I'm done with these Germendamned bighorner things. I've sent TomatoWalrus to go slaughter them, and then butcher them for their meat and hides. TomatoWalrus grabs his trust copper bayonet and rushes off to break it in. I get back to business, I've designated a new dining hall to be dug out that I think everyone will love.

Meanwhile...

3rd Slate
Oh...
Shit.
What in the fuck is going on? How did TomatoWalrus die against some cow... bull... thing?! What's a bloody "floater"?!
It's a hovering... Poison... Gas... Worm... Thing? Well that doesn't seem too harmful.
Oh, but they are. They are VERY harmful. There's three, and two of them decide they want to kill our bighorners.
If a wild bighorner killed a soldier with a bayonet, ours should be able to fend off some worm things, right?
Holy... Wow. I guess they really can.
But it appears as if the noxious gases from these things are, well, noxious.
And I'm sending all my citizens after... Oh this isn't going to end well. But we have no other choice.
CHARGE!
In all the chaos I lose track of some of the fighting, but as I charged wildly at the floater, it didn't even matter. So this is combat?
Heh. Not so tough after all, are you? Soon the other two fall, those drills and the wood cutting saw were surprisingly effective. We have yet to retrieve TomatoWalrus's things, including his bayonet. I make a mental note to do that as soon as possible.

5th Slate
Vomit... Vomit everywhere. The fumes from the floaters has left everyone puking uncontrollably. We have no hospital to contain them, so the outside of the vault now has a thick coat of blood and vomit. Lovely. Also... One of our miners suffered a major injury in the fight. Somehow one of the worms completely severed his right foot. As stated, we have no hospital. He... He has no hope... No hope...
Y'know what?
Fuck the world.
I start to designate a wall of dionite to be built around us, we'll crack it once we can deal with this horrid place we've found ourselves in.
    15th Slate
Another dust storm, mining... Morale is exceptionally low... I must keep myself together. I create some workshops and get to making coffins, wheelbarrels, beds, chairs, doors, tables... Maybe once everyone gets an official bedroom and the dining room is finished, they'll cheer up. Hopefully. My biologist also informs me we should create "nest boxes" for the iguanas to lay their eggs in. I do so.

(OOC: So I'm guessing all of you want to be citizen'd?)
(OOC: I have no idea why TomatoWalrus lost his nickname :-\)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 02:33:11 pm by Vayaviya Vayu »

Greasemunky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 11:01:17 pm »

I'd love a citizen, not too picky bout what he/she is.
And hey, fps rose from 4 to 12 from all the death.  That's good, right?

Vayaviya Vayu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Divine Wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 11:09:11 pm »

I'd love a citizen, not too picky bout what he/she is.

You will be our resident mason, I believe

Yessir! Some sort of soldier preferably, as Glloyd.

Heh heh... Heh... Funny story about that... Our only real soldier died, and now everyone is in the military with some sort of combat experience :P
I'll name the first real soldier we get after you, as right now they're just desperately fighting with whatever they can find.

The next update will be up tomorrow, things got very FUN, very quick.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 11:16:44 pm by Vayaviya Vayu »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 11:09:21 pm »

Yessir! Some sort of soldier preferably, as Glloyd.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2013, 01:27:47 am »

Don't forget to use catapults, with the DFHack version of Fallout mod you can target those at specific areas, so it's very useful.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Vayaviya Vayu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Divine Wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2013, 02:33:53 pm »

Heh... Heh heh... I kinda had to remove dfhack from my game, it was causing alarming amounts of slowdown :-\

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2013, 03:39:12 pm »

If anything, it speeds things up for me. There must have been something really weird for you.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2013, 03:45:01 pm »

Oh, you put up an update? Inform us about that! TomatoWalrus most likely lost his nickname because he killed something.

And bighorners are large, they have thick hide, sharp horns and tough hooves. I wouldn't send a person against them, at least without guns or good armor and weapons.

Hospital is needed, indeed. There's a lot of stuff which can hurt you.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11