Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What kind of place should we embark?

Evil as can be! (Unfortunately this may not be a viable option, as evil=irradiated)
- 3 (37.5%)
A wild forest.
- 2 (25%)
In the middle of a desert.
- 2 (25%)
Flat plain/shrubland.
- 1 (12.5%)
Jaggy hills/mountain.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: DF Fallout Mod: Amatorlaboro, Loverworks (FUN... FUN never changes.)  (Read 12492 times)

TomatoWalrus

• Bay Watcher
  • I am one of the tomatos.
    • View Profile
Re: DF Fallout Mod: Amatorlaboro, Loverworks (FUN... FUN never changes.)
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2013, 04:39:33 pm »

That escalated quickly.

I guess I wouldn't mind being recitizen'd.
This time as Tom.

I also find it pretty funny that I died to a Bighorn. They seem to be more of a threat here than in Fallout.
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2013, 05:26:58 pm »

This already looks entertaining. I don't mind being a vault citizen. I don't care what job I end up with.

Greasemunky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2013, 08:04:06 pm »

Well, Bighorners in NV could be pretty mean, but that's a whole 'nother level of kick ass cow.
And hey, fps rose from 4 to 12 from all the death.  That's good, right?

Vayaviya Vayu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Divine Wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2013, 06:54:41 pm »

Oh, you put up an update? Inform us about that! TomatoWalrus most likely lost his nickname because he killed something.

And bighorners are large, they have thick hide, sharp horns and tough hooves. I wouldn't send a person against them, at least without guns or good armor and weapons.

Hospital is needed, indeed. There's a lot of stuff which can hurt you.

He didn't actually kill anything. At first I just stationed him near the bighorners so they'd scurry off. After I sent the kill order he finally got one and it decimated him.
This already looks entertaining. I don't mind being a vault citizen. I don't care what job I end up with.
You are now our resident herbalist/biologist guy.

That escalated quickly.

I guess I wouldn't mind being recitizen'd.
This time as Tom.

I also find it pretty funny that I died to a Bighorn. They seem to be more of a threat here than in Fallout.
They certainly are terrifying. Even more so than the floaters. You are now a mason.

Next update soon. Sorry for taking so long, sister is moving out and it's been hard to get around to playing.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2013, 04:36:27 am »

Poking the thread starter. We are waiting, dude.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2013, 06:53:15 am »

Could I claim a survivor? I would love to join in on the overseeing but I'm not sure how much free time I'll have for it, is it alright to put me down as a maybe?

Vayaviya Vayu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Divine Wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2013, 08:57:39 pm »

Poking the thread starter. We are waiting, dude.
I'm so very sorry, I've been quite busy along with having some health issues :/
I'm going to have an update tomorrow though, I promise!

Vayaviya Vayu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Divine Wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2013, 04:20:22 pm »

OOC: I'm running a fever as I type this, please forgive any typos or lack of detail, or if it just sucks. I'll reread it once I get better. Also, sorry for the dearth of screenshots, it's a hassle and I'm sick. Plus, nothing terribly exciting happened past the dogs.
18th Slate, 174(?), official logs of Overseer Vayaviya Vayu
Whilst digging deeper into the earth to find a suitable place to bury our dead, the miners discovered something interesting.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A large cavern system it seems, with moss growing everywhere. My resident biologist, Itnetlolor, informs me that Brahmin and other animals could eat this. Interesting. But he also tells me these caverns are known to contain some very nasty things. I decide not to break directly into them just yet.
     5th Felsite
Morale remains alarmingly low, so low in fact that Tom threw a tantrum.
In other news, we found a... Snake, was it? It was dangerously close to the group. Itnetlolor tells me this thing is potentially very harmful. I order it killed.
It goes down without even scratching anyone. Harmful my ass.
     6th Felsite
Oh, great.
More friendly wildlife.
This time it's a pack of wild dogs. I actually know what dogs are, thank you very much. I know they can be rather nasty, too. I get everyone ready, and they grab their preferred killing utensils.
But me?
I get a little more hands on.
Haha, get it? Hands... Wrestling... Anyway. we easily dispatch the dogs. I don't know if it's from out experience with the Floaters or if it's because everyone is unhappy and beating down feral animals is a good release, but we sure do make quick work of the wildlife around here.
Maybe there is hope.
     12th Felsite
Tom has completely lost it. He's running around babbling about... Nothing, really.
     16th Felsite
The beds are finally being made, and even with one miner digging is coming along nicely. Maybe bedrooms will cheer us up.
I can only hope.
     20th Felsite
Digging, making doors, tables, chairs, the wall... Not a whole lot going on. We could use some help. There's just so much to do and only 4 able bodies to do them. Well, 5 able bodies, but one is currently being controlled by a lunatic.
     1st Hematite
He's dead. The miner whose foot got cut off finally stopped suffering. I will bury him, along with TomatoWalrus.
Damn.
     5th Hematite
Dust storm rolled awfully close by. Nothing really happening.
     15th Hematite
Gah. This is horrible. WE NEED SOME HELP GODSDAMNIT! We have so much SHIT to do around here. I'm so tired. WHEN WILL SOMEONE MAKE THOSE FUCKING BEDS?
FUCK
     20th Hematite
In a blind rage and pounded on the securitron will all my might. It had no idea what to do. Tom tried to pull me off. I kicked him.
I feel terrible... I'm a leader, damnit! I'm going to fix this dump up, starting NOW.
     12th Malachite
Sorry for not writing in the logs, I've been very busy getting this place together. Demonbutter threw a tantrum, but he quickly recovered. Bedrooms should finally be done soon enough.
We really need some help around here.
     21st Malachite
Another dust storm, everyone has a bedroom now, even crazy ol' Tom. Morale has improved significantly! We're all happy as a clam now, can't wait for our dining room to be done. What's that? My office is done?
Awesome!
     24th Malachite
Tom has been missing for a week. Poor fella, where is he?
     27th Malachite
Some vultures were spotted overhead. Itnetlolor informs me they are large birds that feast on corpses. Gross.
     3rd Galena
Two fellows arrived at our... Well, we don't really have a door. They just arrived. A farmer, a high master cheesemaker and a little baby iguana. Thank the Gods! We can finally get some stuff done now! I tell Itnetlolor to go do that fishing business he does, him and the farmer will get us some more food, as we appear to be needing more.
     4th Galena
Another dust storm drifts by. I designate an area for me to start sifting through all this scrap we have accumulated. We're sure to find something useful.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2013, 04:51:15 pm »

Dude, if you are ill there's no need to strain yourself. Just pass the turn and pick it up later, just don't make it rot :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Vayaviya Vayu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Divine Wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2013, 10:33:09 pm »

Dude, if you are ill there's no need to strain yourself. Just pass the turn and pick it up later, just don't make it rot :).
I think you all deserve better, I just left ya hanging there.
I am First Overseer Vayaviya Vayu, and by the mighty balls of Armok I shall do my duty.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2013, 03:31:07 pm »

This looks like a fun mod, and LP! Can I get a dwarf vault dweller, and a tentative spot for overseeing?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2013, 04:47:03 pm »

You know, a scavenger with a pistol (dont forget the quiver!) would be perfectly suitable for me.

Not taking a turn, im bad with screenies, and without them, my updates suck :D

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2013, 06:40:07 pm »

We are playing 1 year per person, right? I can't wait to get my turn.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Vayaviya Vayu

• Bay Watcher
  • The Divine Wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2013, 09:46:27 pm »

You shall both be citizen'd and I'll add you to the list tomorrow, I'm spending the day with the fianceé and currently on my phone. I'll also play for a couple hours, I been craving me some Dwarf Fortress Citizen Vault action.

Big_James_B

• Bay Watcher
  • Veteran Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2013, 12:43:40 am »

Sure why not?
When you can, give me my citizenship papers and throw me down on the turn list, but I'll need you to link me to some rules about succession forts (if there are any) so I know what I can and can't do.
Also - preference for named VD? Security Chief. :P
Possibly an Engineer/Miner/Craftsman if you have no security chief.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 12:48:35 am by Big_James_B »
I think I am going crazy. I start to understand and actually follow Rumrusher along with his ideas...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11