Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Future of the mod

Prospect gold nuggets from sand.
Steal gems from other civs. (simulated by reaction)
Prospect fuel from peat-clay. (collect clay on a peat surface)
Witchers, magic melee
Hexers, magic ranged/support
Hypnotoad, special pet with crazy fortress-wide interactions
More religion, praying, offerings

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: ☼Kobold Camp☼ [v.05] - Release included in MasterworkDF. And a new poll ;)  (Read 40912 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Kobold Camp [v.01] for ☼MASTERWORK☼ - Poll and building preview
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2013, 11:08:38 pm »

Yeah, I added smakes caste system, made the male versions, gave them littersize 1-5 so you get a ton of children, have children grow up in only 1 year and made Kobolds super-resistant to tantrum spirtals. Should lead to big groups of expendable Kobold dudes. :)

Manual is 75% done. Embark profiles are done.

Things on the to do list: Witcher and Hexer Creature and Interactions, Witcher and Hexer Reactions for the Witchers Hut and Hexers Hut. And/or items for those, like special weapons/ammo. Toadlicker and Shroomshop needs reactions and an idea what it does...

And... thats it. When that is done I have to build it into my GUI so that people can play it in Masterwork DF. Have to figure out how to make everyone hostile, and get rid of dwarven pets... small stuff.

SUGGESTIONS FOR WITCHER AND HEXER, BOTH INTERACTIONS AND REACTIONS ARE WELCOME. YES I AM YELLING.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BECAUSE THEY ARE KOBOLDS MAYBE A LONG THE LINES OF ALLY BUFFS (inc speed, inc att speed, temporary no fear?) IN WITCHER AND DEBUFF ENEMIES FOR HEXER (dec speed, dec att speed, something to do with hypno-toads?)

I'm not sure what kind of spells you are going for, I am knowledge-less.

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hypno toad for happiness PLS

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold

I love getting into the whole risk/reward system thing, so I'd love it if sometimes toad-licking instead would cause some kind of massive-slow-down as the kobolds get too disoriented to effectively do anything.

If the Witcher is possibly being merged into a Witch Doctor role it could be interesting having them set off smoke-clouds of effects.  So the witch doctor's building might be encouraged to be built in dining rooms, for example, where they could release mists/fogs that grant blessings.

Woo lots of kobold babies!

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love getting into the whole risk/reward system thing, so I'd love it if sometimes toad-licking instead would cause some kind of massive-slow-down as the kobolds get too disoriented to effectively do anything.

Making the fragile Kobolds even more fragile o:! Yes.

If the Witcher is possibly being merged into a Witch Doctor role it could be interesting having them set off smoke-clouds of effects.  So the witch doctor's building might be encouraged to be built in dining rooms, for example, where they could release mists/fogs that grant blessings.

Kobold version of mist generators, nice.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Hey just had a little idea, not sure if it is possible or if it would fit with the theme.

Now, you've blocked your kobolds inside a burrow, waiting for a siege to leave. Now, there is no food. Your kobolds are starving. And uncle Drjtlajk is looking mighty tasty...

-Make a reaction that converts one kobold corpse into X units of 'kobold meat'.
-Give this meat a syndrome that has three effects:
98.5% chance of lowering mental/physical attributes.
1% chance of turning eater into a weak 'ghoul'.
0.5% chance of turning eater into a powerful and terrible wendigo that is fast, mean and tough.

Thought this might give a risky alternative if food is running out.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You might want to make that 97.4/2.5/0.1%, because it seems kind of silly to have a measly 2:1 ratio chance of turning into a weak ghoul or a !!FUN!! wendigo.

I approve of the idea however, better make them eat their "unfortunately deceased" brethren than having them all starve to death.

oh_no

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Cant do mists, effects that affect mood/happiness, use civ-aligned corpses (that would really mess up your ghosts and I think there is no way to use your own corpses specifically) ... Sorry, limitations of modding.

The toad I cant use in reaction either, so I thought of milking the extract and using this for something. I could also give the toad an interaction that targets kobolds of course. Maybe it turns into hypnotoad once a year at random, paralyzing your kobolds for a while. All of them, but just for a short time before going back to normal toad. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes hypnotoad pls.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yes. Hypnotoad wins the poll.

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes. Hypnotoad wins the poll.

I'm proudly a stoner but I lost a couple of minutes to that which I'm not proud of.

I was going to ask if the toad could excrete a substance like an FB or such but that would end up ridiculous wouldn't it?

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Action impairing milk would be great if there could be a way to limit who drinks it T _ T

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lock it somewhere. And do some FUN stuff to get the dwarf you want in said room or in reach of said room?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

just a warning, probabilistic transform syndromes can have strange side effects, such as when you save and load the game it changes which creature it is.  I had a chaotic transform for a while, but it turned out that after save/load everyone would turn back into the first creature on the list.  (maybe Meph makes it work though :) )

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Kobold Camp [v.01] for ☼MASTERWORK☼ - Poll and building preview
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2013, 12:12:15 pm »

SUGGESTIONS FOR WITCHER AND HEXER, BOTH INTERACTIONS AND REACTIONS ARE WELCOME. YES I AM YELLING.

** Hexer shop:
* These are mundane reactions that any Kobold can do here
Make Magical traps, as you already have.
Extract paralytic poison from toads for the dart-poisoner to use
* These are 'syndrome vapor' reactions that give Hexer Kobolds temporary new abilities:
Convert regular toads into toads which explode into a weak poison on death (which kobolds are immune to it)
Convert regular rats into rats with a toxic bite (which kobolds immune to it)
Convert regular trap spiders into TRAP SPIDERS PLUS ONE
Toxic cloud:  sickness-syndrome trailing vapor material emission attack (kobolds immune to it)

**Hexer Spells:
Shrink:  reduce the body size of an enemy
Growth:  temporarily increase the body size of a friend
Sticking mud:  slowness-syndrome liquid glob emission attack

**Witcher Shop:
* These are mundane reactions that any Kobold can do here
Extract cobalt from cobaltite (only Witchers are immune to the toxic arsenic cloud)
Craft Witcher's Blade: a machete that lets you throw knives too
Craft Totem Wand: a staff that lets you throw (w/ magic-druid skill maybe) magic ammo too
Craft magic ammo
* These are 'syndrome vapor' reactions that give Witcher Kobolds temporary new abilities;
Reflex potion:  greatly boost dodge & gives TRANCES for ~2 weeks
Hydra potion:  greatly boost regeneration for ~2 weeks
Fury potion:  gives NOSTUN, PRONE TO RAGE, NOPAIN for ~2 weeks
Pheonix potion:  transforms yourself into another Witcher (single use full healing)

** Witcher Spells
Kobalt Sign:  enemy becomes 3x vulnerable to cobalt metal and bone weapons
Bonespear Sign:  bone material emission attack strikes up to 3 enemies at close range
Earth Sign:  knock down and stun an enemy at close range
Mindboggling Sign:  moderate chance to Frenzy an enemy at close range

** Random
You could have the multiple litters be linked somehow to Hexer fertility magics, or simply a reaction/music you do at the Pub ;)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:20:36 pm by smakemupagus »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14