Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Future of the mod

Prospect gold nuggets from sand.
Steal gems from other civs. (simulated by reaction)
Prospect fuel from peat-clay. (collect clay on a peat surface)
Witchers, magic melee
Hexers, magic ranged/support
Hypnotoad, special pet with crazy fortress-wide interactions
More religion, praying, offerings

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: ☼Kobold Camp☼ [v.05] - Release included in MasterworkDF. And a new poll ;)  (Read 40913 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile

WHat temprature is the venom at? If it's hot enough, it'll cause melting combusting death.

EDIT: A quick arena test shows that viper sign Kobold bites cause -instant- melting death.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 04:02:55 pm by Wrex »

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yeah.

But it uses the creature_extract template, with those values:
Code: [Select]
[SPEC_HEAT:4181]
[IGNITE_POINT:NONE]
[MELTING_POINT:9950]
[BOILING_POINT:10200]
[HEATDAM_POINT:NONE]
[COLDDAM_POINT:NONE]

I really cant tell whats wrong, its quite interesting in fact. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

travellersside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That sounds vaguely familiar, and I wish that I could be more helpful and specific than this...

I think that Old Genesis may have once had a similar problem with their bitey caste. It might be worth looking at the raws to see how Deon ended up handling poison bites.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile

Well, now that we know that this problem exists.....how can we exploit it?

Also, this is a faster death than immersion in dragonfire. What values are set for the poison's effects?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Maybe its because the venom is not defined inside the caste, so the caste cant find the template, takes the first template in the raws (stone) which is in liquid form of course a little bit hot. Possibly.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile

Hrm. Maybe it can be reproduced? And if so......Magma Scorpion Demons for all!

EDIT: For clarity, they die -from the heat-. They don't even bleed out like they do with magma.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 10:46:06 pm by Wrex »

xxsputzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream

I played a grip of kobolds on the v2f and am a couple years into a v2g fort.  Great improvements on the workshops.  One issue i have been having is getting my ranged units to train on the archery ranges.  It could just be me being a derp with everything needing to be set up properly.  Current fort the ranged units will work in combat but not on the archery ranges, even when set to inactive. 

I also have fought a couple sauropods but haven't seen them burst into flamers or magma.   I still do have a couple in cages if you want me to test some wrestlers specific caste units to fight them.

The poll has so many great options it was hard to vote on it.  One thing i would love is to have the us paint, either to add wards of protection on armor, or add them as a replace meant for engraving on wood/clay walls.  Which i dont even think will be possible since you can't engrave build walls.

thetyler101

• Bay Watcher
  • [SKULKING]
    • View Profile

Hey this is probably stupid question, but... can kobolds eat eggs?

Not sure if there considered meat or plants or whatever.

Give that bitch some stone crafts, bitches love stone crafts.

xxsputzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream

I usually embark with live stock, and have a couple of fisher bolds. Trade and butcher for meat.  And don't really worry about the kitchen, still or food plants. You should be able to get by on nearly this alone, and exporting some of it.  Unless you are trying to make them happy.  I might just over simplify the food process on kobolds.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yeah, I paid not much attention to the food either in my Kobold Camp. Wells for everyone, ignore the farms, have a room full of jack rats and butcher all the babies. Jack rat newborns give the same amount of meat as a fully grown one. But then again I only played one year so far.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile

It's the Viper caste kobold that's the issue. The Sauropod's themselves are fine. But they appear to be delivering a bite of death due to melting point schenanigans. You can test it yourself in the arena.

jcpalerm

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

My Kobolds hadn't bit anyone until recently and was wondering about this myself. I had thought that perhaps the sieging Orcs intentionally caused a forest fire. I'm certainly finding the Kobolds to be full of fun!

Losing 15 Kobolds every ambush of Pandashi that don't trigger the 30 traps I set up and actually can beat Ogres is fun! The best part is a week later and we are back to full strength with child legendary hunters. Even though they rarely return with kills before their blowguns run out of 25 darts, as nothing dies from getting hit by the equivalent of 25 pin pricks.

The only hitch seems that the Kobolds rely rather heavily on wood for fuel and Woodstalks are not particularly ideal for farming for a couple of reasons. The first being they are above ground and I want my little people to be hiding in caves for the most part. The more impart aspect is that it's not highly efficient. I like the idea of using peat as some kind of fuel, since my Kilns often run out of charcoal when there is no more wood.

I really enjoy attempting to use Ogres constantly to fend off ambushes and sieges. Except they almost always end up running away from some fights if not leashed to the door and I like them to be free! I always try to equip with them with trees, but my last Ogre was dual wielding some silk quivers, I'm not sure if there is a conflict there or if the tree-equip just upgrades their damage. I have yet to be able to see it in their Inventories.

Regarding trap spiders, do they have to be positioned by traps as an attack is occurring in order web enemies? I am assuming they can't be pre-webbed so my spiders.

Just my random ramblings, but overall I really found this to be an extraordinarily fun mod.

Snorunt30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Silly question, but how am I supposed to be able to make mechanisms to make the trap shop to make mechanisms before I have mechanisms to start the process? :-[, or is there another way to create them and I'm just miss-remembering what shop makes them?
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Yes, i forget which it is, but Meph showed a way to make mechanisms in the Tutorial camp.  Wood i think.

Snorunt30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know it was wood, but I just found it in the wood carver :-[. Coulda sworn it was in the trap shop...
My fucking armok, you broke the game.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14