Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Future of the mod

Prospect gold nuggets from sand.
Steal gems from other civs. (simulated by reaction)
Prospect fuel from peat-clay. (collect clay on a peat surface)
Witchers, magic melee
Hexers, magic ranged/support
Hypnotoad, special pet with crazy fortress-wide interactions
More religion, praying, offerings

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: ☼Kobold Camp☼ [v.05] - Release included in MasterworkDF. And a new poll ;)  (Read 40915 times)

leafar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

further ideas:
since kobolds can't mine ores to use as glazes, why not give them the option to either use dyes directly as glazes or to 'paint' ash-glazed pottery with dyes
would be handy, as clay seems to be a core industy to them - also: higher wealth means more attackers >:)

dyes could as well be used for war/magical paintings on both items(weapons/armor) and bodys(kobolds/ogres)

these ideas still need to be fleshed out though :)
Quote from: LookingForGroup
I bet you would've laughed more if you were on fire.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

2) Kobold childs do have professions preassigned.
  • pros: no need to do it manually.
  • cons: no way to ask newborn kobold to stop hunting sauropods; or cease fishing (because 20 fishermans is just too much); or train random animals without exsessive micromanagement or cheaty therapist.

This happens because I gave the castes Natural Skill.  They shouldn't work at the "baby" stage but yes at the "child" stage.  You actually should be able to stop him from doing dangerous things by assigning to an inside or nursery burrow (i don't know if you consider that an excessive amount of micro, or just a regular amount ;) ) If you want to stop it entirely, delete all the "Natural Skill" tokens in the castes.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I actually like the idea that stupid carefree kobolds children run out to hunt and fish. It fits. Both from a lore perspective and in gameplay. Natural selection and stupid kobolds and all that.

I like the use of dyes for something, yeah. I had some bodypaint/facepaint tools lying around, but did not yet figure out what to use them for. I could make them clothing items, layersize 1 (or 0) and layer:under... but they would have no use that way...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold

I've got it all downloaded and set up!  Can't wait to start playing!  I want a whole town filled with the little yapping, fishing, carefree pups.

Brenticus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Great job on the new workshops and castes!  - hadn't thought to start on a cave before. 

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

@Smake:  I was just attacked by a sauropod, stomping Kobolds left and right, and one of the Viper Sign-kobolds bit it. I renamed the "venom" to "saliva", but otherwise I kept everything like it was. The result?

The sauropod falls over, melts and starts a fire. Not even a corpse left. I quickly used dfhack to start rain, but... what? I checked the raws, I dont even see how that can happen. Do you have any idea?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, so the sauropod in the testfort cave isnt going to give his materials to the greater good? Keep the viperdudes away from the enemies!

Maybe raw duplication? Im only dabbling in modding, but that stuff normally happens when you either pick the wrong syndrome or its a douple raw.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

It has nothing to do with duplicate raws... I assumed it was something with the fireproofness of the caste, but it was a different one. Arenatests will show more.

PS: If not for this weird effect, the testcave would be no more. No bold could have killed that monster. Cagetrap, maybe...

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

@Smake:  I was just attacked by a sauropod, stomping Kobolds left and right, and one of the Viper Sign-kobolds bit it. I renamed the "venom" to "saliva", but otherwise I kept everything like it was. The result?

The sauropod falls over, melts and starts a fire. Not even a corpse left. I quickly used dfhack to start rain, but... what? I checked the raws, I dont even see how that can happen. Do you have any idea?

No, I wish all of the code screwups I make were that awesome though :o
Is it possible I screwed up the bite material in a way that makes him inject magma? 

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I didnt notice anything, thats the weird part. Its venom, creature extract... all seems fine.

There was also no mentioning of anything melting, it was just BAM, Sauropod dead, wtf happened, smoke and fire. Last entry in the combat log is: Bites sauropod, sauropod falls over, and thats it. The kobold itself died in the fire. Sauropod corpse started it.

I have no idea what exactly happened, but I know that sauropod corpses usually dont start to combust randomly ^^

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile

Yeah, the fire-saliva happened in my camp too.
A peasant ran up to an unconscious pegasus, bit it, and then before I even know it there's a massive inferno.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Easiest solution would be to remove the bite, and give them another ability. Simply because I cant see the error.

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold

I haven't had any problems with fire-saliva, but I don't think I actually even have any viper-sign kobolds.

Quick question: Are there bone versions of machetes and choppers?  I found Pointy Stick making, but am having trouble finding the other weapons.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Pointy sticks are ok, because they have a tip. But bone cutting weapons make no sense, realistically speaking. I want kobolds to be ranged-only, at least till you reach ironbone metal weapons. They should feel way different from playing dwarves.

Thats why I have this one embark with a good metal machete at the start, because its very special for kobolds to have.

CaptainKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • @DrCaptainKobold

Oooooh, okay.  Makes sense!  Going to have to get myself some ironbone then!  Thanks, Meph!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14