Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Mewgenics - Cats! SCIENCE?! Adventure!.....The cats came back 10 years later.  (Read 29948 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The autumn is full of major releases by AAA studios. Sept - November is going to be huge, plus all of the new consoles typically hurt the pc market a bit. I'd say it's foolish to release later than necessary and I am in the business of advising on just that. I think that the most likely scenario is that they realized they had a cool toy but that it's not really a game, so they wanted to add stuff to it. Unfortunately, it sort of just waters down their original concept.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The autumn is full of major releases by AAA studios. Sept - November is going to be huge, plus all of the new consoles typically hurt the pc market a bit. I'd say it's foolish to release later than necessary and I am in the business of advising on just that. I think that the most likely scenario is that they realized they had a cool toy but that it's not really a game, so they wanted to add stuff to it. Unfortunately, it sort of just waters down their original concept.
Ok... I confess I might have gotten my facts a little confused here... in my defence I was posting early in the morning off of half remembered stuff. I'm sorry, I was being a moron.

What I should have said was that if it's looking like you're releasing in the autumn it's a smart move to move to add on more development time and wait for all the console releases to boil over for a while...

But maybe I should just shut up now.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Mewgenics - Team Meat's Crazy Cat Lady Sim. Now with 50% more pure hoarding!
« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2013, 03:35:28 pm »

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/09/02/pussy-galore-a-mew-genics-trailer/#more-167135

Well, here's a completely ridiculous trailer that continues to be coy about showing you the game.

I don't think I've ever wanted to play a game this....I'm not sure how or what to classify it as. It's like all the weirdness of BoI but in a completely different direction. And yet, there's something lingeringly macabre about it. Mountains of discarded cats, nefarious looking characters poking bloated cats, a thermonuclear (cat) explosion.....

Anyways, that's Mmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww-genics. Saying it's out 2014.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 03:39:48 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Mewgenics - Team Meat's Crazy Cat Lady Sim. Now with 50% more pure hoarding!
« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2013, 03:51:37 pm »

It ended in nuclear catsplosion.
PTW

And yet, there's something lingeringly macabre about it. Mountains of discarded cats, nefarious looking characters poking bloated cats.

I sure hope they won't name that cat doctor Joseph Mewwngele. Now that would be macabre.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 03:54:40 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2013, 05:51:03 pm »

ptw...mostly for my cat crazy cousin :P

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there any kind of recent news about this at all? Team Meat are really, really bad at keeping people in the loop about what's going on; their main site hasn't been updated since August and their Twitter is just "buy our shirts!" and "more merch now available!"

EDIT: I just realised me bumping this thread might make it look like there actually is some new development to see; now I feel like an asshole for letting people down. Sorry about that :P
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Unusedname

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there any kind of recent news about this at all? Team Meat are really, really bad at keeping people in the loop about what's going on; their main site hasn't been updated since August and their Twitter is just "buy our shirts!" and "more merch now available!"

EDIT: I just realised me bumping this thread might make it look like there actually is some new development to see; now I feel like an asshole for letting people down. Sorry about that :P

I'm glad you understand. Now I don't have to tell a parable about how disappointed you've made me feel.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm glad you understand. Now I don't have to tell a parable about how disappointed you've made me feel.

Yeah...lol

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heart literally clenched as I read the thread title.

But at least you apologized :P

Reading over McMillen's blog, it's all about Binding of Isaac atm.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 07:46:00 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 23, 2013, 03:11:52 pm »

It's Caturday again!

It turns out Mewgenics is about breeding cats, and mutating cats, and fighting cats, and racing cats, and pampering cats, and fashion showing cats, and activisting cats, and  collecting not cats, and rescuing cats from walls.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2013, 11:03:19 am »

It's Caturday again!

It turns out Mewgenics is about breeding cats, and mutating cats, and fighting cats, and racing cats, and pampering cats, and fashion showing cats, and activisting cats, and  collecting not cats, and rescuing cats from walls.

Sounds like monster rancher mixed with the Sonic Adventure 2:  Battle chao raising, which is awesome because both of those were very fun.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I ordered a couple things from EdPlusDanielle as gifts, and this came with the order:

I got the merch, now give me the gordamn game! ><

Also had to get this for myself:

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile

That's a pretty nice Satan you got there. How many hearts do I need to trade for that?  :P
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Limited Edition and it was $65  :o I got #78 out of 100.

In truth I'm a little unhappy about how sloppy the paint job is. I paint figs as a hobby at about 1/20th the size of this figurine, and I don't have nearly as much paint running over everywhere. I may actually touch this one up myself.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 08:15:47 pm by nenjin »

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13