Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210674 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #2250 on: May 01, 2015, 09:34:14 am »

Bah Calliope appears to be pay to win...it would be alright if everyone can get it...but sorry I cant drop $50 for a tier 3 tank

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: May 01, 2015, 10:26:26 am »

Bah Calliope appears to be pay to win...it would be alright if everyone can get it...but sorry I cant drop $50 for a tier 3 tank
$50 for a tier 3 tank
:(
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: May 01, 2015, 05:14:39 pm »

So, first my Hellcat gets "plane burned down" after 0.1 seconds of fire. Seems legit. Oh and it was one of them new britscrub planes with four hispanos as well.

I don't mind getting torn to shreds by four HEF-I 20mm shots. Hell, HEF-I is the best ammo in the game. But "planed burned down" ? Really.

Then my Buffalo gets exactly the same treatment. You know, the BUFFALO. Who was pretty damn tough last patch. Felt like flying a zero.

DM fix... yeah...

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 05:19:33 pm by Naryar »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: May 01, 2015, 06:41:17 pm »

Well at least the tiger is no longer a laugh after they changed the penetration calculations.

I actually penetrated a IS frontally today.
I feel so proud.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: May 02, 2015, 03:06:31 am »

OH

A TIER II PLANE WITH 4 HISPANOS AT BR 3

Well, it's slow as fuck and can't turn for shit. So there's that.

my Hellcat

britscrub

LEL. American pilots are, on the whole, the scrubbiest of the nations. Brits aren't on Axis levels, admittedly, but they still beat the USSR and USA.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: May 02, 2015, 03:26:54 am »

Somehow, I've got this nasty feeling that US tanks are even more deadly now than before. RB mixed ger/rus teams have nothing on US teams, at least on T2 matches I've got after update. Might be them M3GMCs and M10s tho.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: May 02, 2015, 03:31:29 am »

Yeah I have to admit that USA is a nation of lawnmowers. It's sad really.

And I also turnfight in my Hellcat...  :( but yet again what i am supposed to do in a furball ? try to zoom and get maimed by someone else ? not go into it ? (maybe)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: May 02, 2015, 03:35:43 am »

OH

A TIER II PLANE WITH 4 HISPANOS AT BR 3
Well, it's slow as fuck and can't turn for shit. So there's that.
Yeah, I have it.

The armament is deadly, but unreliable (getting the 3 gun upgrades should solve it), the plane is slow, turning is far from optimal and I have a feeling it's very sensitive to coollant leaks.

Okay, the latter isn't really a problem as it takes 2 minutes for the coollant to boil off, and then another 2 before the engine takes damage, but still.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: May 02, 2015, 07:09:45 am »

LEL. American pilots are, on the whole, the scrubbiest of the nations. Brits aren't on Axis levels, admittedly, but they still beat the USSR and USA.

I'm still quite sure its the planes.
Being utterly reliant on B'n'Z (turnrate worse than some heavy fighters and bombers) while having a crap climbrate and guns that can't kill anything in one pass unless you are lucky is just not a good mixture.
Especially with a climbrate that leaves you with Spitfires Zeros, Yaks and whatever else flying above you and pretty much F-All to B'n'Z yourself because everyone was climbing as well (and do it better then you).

They are said to be tough and yes they can take a lot of machinegun fire for their size but sadly at tier 2-3 everyone has 20 mm rounds that serve as a great equalizer.
Also germans do the same thing americans do with ther FW's but far better due to superior climbrate better guns (20 mm with mine rounds) and as good speed retention.

There is literally no reason to fly those damn things.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: May 02, 2015, 07:19:21 am »

Actually when you fill your 12.7mm M2's with AP-I or API-T rounds and have enough of them (aka: six) you set things on fire quite well. Also, pilot kills are rather common on deflection shots. And even without deflection shots.

Climbspeed, however... yeah the murricans get the short end of the stick. And climbspeed is essential for BnZ.

They can nearly all get rockets, so you get that at least.

Except the P38, the Buffalo and the Bearcat. But one is "meh" and the two others are giant UFO's.

Though I suppose if you have a painful nation, a few UFO's is good.

Yet again i think i'm gonna like the P47. Currently researching the p51, same, four hispanos at 3 BR... but it's a P51, aka : it's shit in War Thunder. Can't even bnz properly.

Also and b25 is pretty good. Can't wait for them pbj's. Especially the second one, BnZ with TWELVE 50 cals should be deadly.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 07:27:16 am by Naryar »

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: May 02, 2015, 07:50:57 am »

The Americans climb faster than they're credited for as long as you don't angle yourself up towards heaven. They climb best with an angle under 10 degrees (though they can do alright with up to 15 at low altitudes).

The Americans' main way to get above people is the fact that they have a ridiculous ceiling. The Thunderbolt can almost climb into space, given enough time.

The issue with that is, of course, that it takes literally forever to get that high and once you're there you probably have nothing to attack anyway.

The American planes just make better bombers than they do fighters, most of the time. Though I've had some great successes with the Thunderbolt even against maneuverable enemies like Zeroes. American pilots just have to be one step ahead of their targets.

The thing that pisses me off about Americans is that they aren't the fastest divers in the game. They're all bricks, they should drop like them, but the Thunderbolt has trouble outrunning anything in a straight dive unless you push it into the danger zone, and that's only because the enemy has to pull up for fear of breaking their wings off. Sometimes.
Nothing important here, move along.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: May 02, 2015, 07:58:24 am »

Dont use any "angle" for best rate of climb, but indicated airspeed. AFAIK you cant view the angle in simulation mode, too...

P-51 actually outclimbs Fw 190s except for the D-9.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: May 02, 2015, 08:00:27 am »

You can. The cockpit has a fully simulated artificial horizon, it's just kind of hard to read.
Nothing important here, move along.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: May 02, 2015, 08:19:41 am »

"Calliope is perfectly balanced its expensive so not very many people will use it" - Somebody underestimating the deep pockets people have, 2015
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: May 02, 2015, 08:26:59 am »

"Calliope is perfectly balanced its expensive so not very many people will use it" - Somebody underestimating the deep pockets people have, 2015

pay2win/10. Honestly the Calliope should just be an event only tank.

I now want to play tanks even less.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 163