Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210771 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #2115 on: March 04, 2015, 03:32:45 pm »

Arcade.

I'm not playing any more realistic german. Too much BS such as yaks and lalas and tempests and even fucking spits outclimbing you all day erry day (Especially the russian planes) when you're supposed to be THE nation which relies on climbing the most and that can't defend itself against BnZ without losing all alt on a fleeing dive and becoming a lawnmoving German, aka a dead German.

Only thing I can play and have fun in RB germany is the D5. Hell, I would probably be RB bomber hunting in the B6/R3 if it wasn't equally frustrating due to it being an overly fragile plane and fighter bait.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 03:38:37 pm by Naryar »

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: March 06, 2015, 01:02:43 pm »

Arcade.

I'm not playing any more realistic german. Too much BS such as yaks and lalas and tempests and even fucking spits outclimbing you all day erry day (Especially the russian planes) when you're supposed to be THE nation which relies on climbing the most and that can't defend itself against BnZ without losing all alt on a fleeing dive and becoming a lawnmoving German, aka a dead German.

Only thing I can play and have fun in RB germany is the D5. Hell, I would probably be RB bomber hunting in the B6/R3 if it wasn't equally frustrating due to it being an overly fragile plane and fighter bait.

The Germans do get fucked in RB. I fly Brits and I hate getting [Alternate History] maps. Fucking Ruskies are my downfall. On the other hand, Fukkaido is great, because window-lickers. Too bad I haven't had it in days.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: March 06, 2015, 01:28:45 pm »

Fucking Ruskies are my downfall.

Figures. Considering that the game is balanced so that All <<<<<<< Brits < Russians.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: March 06, 2015, 03:33:40 pm »

Figures. Considering that the game is balanced so that All <<<<<<< Brits < Russians.

I thought the American planes were undertiered because people couldn't fly them right?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: March 06, 2015, 03:34:53 pm »

I thought the American planes were undertiered because people couldn't fly them right?

SHHHH!!! Your bringing into question the foundation of tiers. That is strictly not allowed by the Tier Mafia.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: March 06, 2015, 03:46:14 pm »

More because they get outclimbed by everything indluding pigs with wings in realistic and their guns rarely can secure a kill in arcade meaning they are cannon fodder in realistic and have serious problems scoring kills in arcade.
That's why things like the Mustang at tier 4 that historically fought ME 262 and even managed to score kills on them has a BR of 4.3 while many german planes get BR 6.0 at tier 3.
Self promotion below.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: March 06, 2015, 04:49:17 pm »

So, I finally took my Spitfire Mk 24 out today. Got to meet Based 229 God. It and a 152 ate me for breakfast. Went back to spading all my T2/3 planes.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: March 06, 2015, 05:00:06 pm »

I've shot down the 229 in an American plane before. While being chased by 5 more. They're no longer all that impressive in my eyes.
Nothing important here, move along.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: March 06, 2015, 11:10:36 pm »

An overpowered/undertiered GERMAN plane ? Surely you jest !

well there was the A4 who was Yak-tier undertiered before, but... (hell even now the A4 and A5 have far too much of a BR difference between them)

Also japanese RB is mostly japanese clubbing americans because most of them murricans do not know how to BnZ jap planes and instead turnfight them *picard double facepalm* and both nations climb rather similarly. Also the ramming, can't forget the ramming.

And then they face glorious russians on that china map.

Still you guys say that america is bad... I disagree somewhat. Buffalo is a god at tier 1, tier II has plenty of good stuff like Hellcat/Cobra/B25/Havoc and then there's tier IV...

...Them fucking bearcats, man.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 11:16:11 pm by Naryar »

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: March 06, 2015, 11:54:49 pm »

Fuck Bearcats. Sincerely, everyone.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: March 08, 2015, 03:23:40 am »

Okay, finally researched 3 of them T2 Germans with long barrels (specifically 3J1, 4F2 and StuG F) and took them for a ride or two during last 3 days. Initial experience was positive; J1 is good at killing M4s of its BR and slightly over, although most M4s are frontally safe vs long 50mm. Manouverable and relatively fast, like it's predecessor. F2 kills most tanks it sees effectively all round, KVs are slightly harder on range. Both tanks are REALLY fragile tho, and seems German tanks at the T2 ought to engage targets at long-mid range since thin armour + realtively dense module cause shit to happen. StuG is StuG in good and bad, the long 75mm enabling it to engage at range but at least in base level it's not as manouverable as A, so staying at range is must. There's been battles against all-american opposition and frankly, I'm more concerned about their lights than M4s, since long 75 rounds can pass entirely through lower BR lights whereas penning hit into M4 will spall with consistence. Also 37mm ap kills germans easy from sides/rear. T-34s are still hell, and how the hell a 75mm round cannot pen KV2 side turret at 600m at 80-90deg?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: March 08, 2015, 07:54:23 am »

The KV-2 has giant flat sides on that turret. maybe you shot it at a worse angle that you think?
F2 can penetrate msot tanks it sees pretty comfortably but it's also easely penetrated by everyone.

Yeah planning to skip those personally. Poor things get to see jets so it's probably almsot like playing a stuka in tier 3.

Also why are german FWs gradually decrease in BR at higher tiers? Why is tie tier 3 FW BR 6.0 and the ones after it lower? I think one is like 4.7 for some reason... at tier 4.
Self promotion below.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: March 08, 2015, 08:06:20 am »

Yeah planning to skip those personally. Poor things get to see jets so it's probably almsot like playing a stuka in tier 3.

Oh, no. Bearcats club everything in tier III and tier IV.

Also I used to play my D5 in tier 3/4. It's honestly fine.

Also why are german FWs gradually decrease in BR at higher tiers? Why is tie tier 3 FW BR 6.0 and the ones after it lower? I think one is like 4.7 for some reason... at tier 4.

You are still taking battle ratings seriously ?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 08:08:05 am by Naryar »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: March 08, 2015, 08:09:52 am »

Yes because inflated BR made the tiger a crap tank.
Also the tier 3 FW supposedly gets to see high ranking tier 4 planes the tier 4 FW does not.
Self promotion below.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: March 08, 2015, 08:13:46 am »

The tier 3 FW has a high BR because it's got more cannons installed in it. Because apparently having 4 internal cannons is vastly superior to having a much better engine.
Nothing important here, move along.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 163