Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210883 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #1980 on: February 16, 2015, 08:09:13 pm »

I met the Tiger today. Someone needs to get then to work on semi-realistic distribution of vehicle designs in games.
This is what I've been saying ranting for months. There were about 1350 Tigers produced, compared to 11,000 Panzer IVs and something like 17,000 Panzer III chassis (which would include all the SPAA and TD variants built on a PzKfw III chassis).

But that would be near-impossible to implement. If you limited it to 1-2 Tigers active at a time, players would race to lock in that Tigers and everyone else would either disconnect and find another match or spend the whole match bitching at the Tiger players to hurry up and die so they can be one.

I kinda think they should make heavy tanks higher in point cost so that you can't start with one, the way aircraft are now. Not just Tigers but KV/IS tanks and the M6A1 as well. I don't mind dealing with 1-2 Tigers some ways into the match. It's starting off against a dozen of them that makes me want to punch someone.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: February 16, 2015, 08:52:09 pm »

Well, there needs to be balance as few prefer playing the targets so historical matchups and vehicle ratios are mostly ruled out...

Btw, just scored 15 kills in a T-34 -41. White Rock Fortress, I just advanced across the open towards enemy spawn(no spawn kills in that figure). Balance, comrade!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: February 17, 2015, 07:48:03 am »

Temporary list of changes for 1.47:

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/215153-client-12022015-147-updated/

No removal of BR for RB... but otherwise it looks good.

They also are more precise on what they do.

Also nerf the D5's manoeuvraability  >:(

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: February 18, 2015, 12:59:29 am »

Drunk thunder is going well, speaking a lot, just unlocked 50mm blets for Me410A1/U4

feels good tnow to unlock fkf fthe dual pod guns for Bf109

It never goes that well for me.

Well, there needs to be balance as few prefer playing the targets so historical matchups and vehicle ratios are mostly ruled out...

Btw, just scored 15 kills in a T-34 -41. White Rock Fortress, I just advanced across the open towards enemy spawn(no spawn kills in that figure). Balance, comrade!

That's an excellent tank. I love the T-34-41. Also, you need to consider you're probably better than average at this.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: February 18, 2015, 03:02:44 am »

T-34 undertiered >:( It clubs just about all my Tier 1. Apparently I must change HEAT to AP as well :P

Also I have lately got a A20 Havoc. Not only does it looks badass when you fly it, but it also feels like a pre 1.43 heavy fighter (so it doesn't die when you take 3 20mm shells to a wing), it has very decent defensive gunners, and it has rockets. Lots of them even.

May not have the sheer balls out power of the german Dornier/Me410, but 6 focused, nose-mounted freedom calls is sufficient.

Also I look forward to get the B25's (B17's ? No) and PBJ's. They have so many gunners though...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: February 18, 2015, 08:13:18 am »

A-20 is a right beast.

Got the IS-1...gotta say I'm underwhelmed. Still can't pen Tigers at range. It's like a bigger, slower T-34. At least KV-2 could pen *anything*, it just took half a match to reload.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: February 18, 2015, 08:28:12 am »

It's still better tan the tiger.
At least the IS-1 gets APCR allowing it to actually penetrate things like jumbos and closer ranges.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: February 18, 2015, 08:31:13 am »

A-20 is a right beast.

Got the IS-1...gotta say I'm underwhelmed. Still can't pen Tigers at range. It's like a bigger, slower T-34. At least KV-2 could pen *anything*, it just took half a match to reload.

Doesnt the IS get an APCR shell though, unlike the first T-34-85? It should have decent pen.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: February 18, 2015, 09:18:22 am »

A-20 is a right beast.

Doesnt the IS get an APCR shell though, unlike the first T-34-85? It should have decent pen.

THE APCR penetration on its shell drops rapidly. at 1000 meters its barely better than the APHE shell. Then again anywhere up to that range it has a lot better pen.... and it's not a firecracker dispenser so it can kill other tanks with one Ammorack hit.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 09:54:55 am by Sonlirain »
Self promotion below.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: February 19, 2015, 03:01:15 pm »

I've tried Japanese RB. Really fun, only issue is that zeroes have no ammo.

Also people honorabru themselves into enemies and the chatbox is generally hilarious as a result.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 03:06:48 pm by Naryar »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: February 19, 2015, 08:43:39 pm »

So, tested the mustang in a single player mission in RB mode and oh god why the pain it never goes away

It looks like it has better energy retention and climbing than the Fw190, but:

-Weaponry is laughable
-Roll rate is only meh
-Turn rate... what the hell ? I turn faster in my Me410's (not even fucking kidding)

So no. Just no.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: February 19, 2015, 09:49:03 pm »

That's because you are trying to use it as a fighter. American planes shine once you load them with bombs and rockets ignore enemy planes and just go for ground targets. With my lineup Mustang, Thunderbolt, Thunderbolt, Aircobra, B-17 setup i tend to rack up 15 ground kills on average in arcade.
In realistic the mustang is a bit better because planes there are more suspectable to taking damage so even a short burst often renders plaes unflyable or/and set them on fire (remember then merican tracer belts often are literally full of incendiary rounds).

In Arcade tho... yeah just pretend it's a IL2.
Self promotion below.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: February 19, 2015, 11:30:49 pm »

First things first: P-51 performance varies wildly based on altitude. I never flew it much in RB due to mouse wobbles, but I think turn time gets better higher up

Second, 6 50s pouring out tracers into an engine? In RB? Boom goes the metaphorical dynamite.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: February 20, 2015, 12:00:41 am »

The P-51 also has a problem in that its gas tank configuration is terrible. Once you get to about half fuel, the center of mass is way off.
Nothing important here, move along.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: February 20, 2015, 03:30:38 am »

Any tips on killing the T-34s with lower Br tanks frontally in RB? HEAT rounds on short 75mm seem too finicky to pen even with slight elevation, APCR on short 50mm (that can pen KV-1 front weakspots) bounces with slightest angling? Turret front's not vulnerable except for mod 40. Even the hull mg seems to benefit from 60 deg, or have I gotten it wrong- I remember hearing it'd be THE weakspot of T-34. Getting tired facing fleets of T-34s with only slightly less annoying T-50s scurrying around allday erryday when taking the panzers for outing. Flanking them isn't always the option, that'd require teamwork :)
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 163