Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210885 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #1950 on: February 05, 2015, 04:01:11 pm »

This is the greatest thing since before 1.37.

also stukas with TWELVE mg81's and 2 20mm's. Eat your heart out, heavy fighters.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 04:10:32 pm by Naryar »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: February 07, 2015, 12:45:11 pm »

Hunh. They're going to put in the PzKpfw VIII Maus. Because God knows those poor Germans don't have enough high-tier heavy tanks.  ::)

I guess the good thing is it'll be target practice for the Patton II and IS-4.

What's next, the Landkreuzer series?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: February 07, 2015, 02:30:14 pm »

Yeah, the problem with the Maus is that with it's horrid mobility, it'll either be invulnerable, or useless against most opponents.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: February 07, 2015, 02:53:17 pm »

also stukas with TWELVE mg81's and 2 20mm's. Eat your heart out, heavy fighters.

Yeah 12 machine guns work well against soft targets... Too bad the Ju 87 is hopelessly slow to battle actual fighters. And the ones it can (almost) catch are more or less infinitely nimbler.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: February 08, 2015, 10:52:15 am »

Yeah 12 machine guns work well against soft targets... Too bad the Ju 87 is hopelessly slow to battle actual fighters. And the ones it can (almost) catch are more or less infinitely nimbler.

As long as you turnfight, that's not an issue. And considering everyone turnfights in arcade furballs...

Hell even proper defensive manoeuvers against a BnZ attacker, faster than the stuka, stuka would be able to kill him, i believe. Like forcing headons.

Also B29 and Flakpanzer Gepard are in. Now give the B29 a nuke loadout for next april fools :P

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: February 08, 2015, 11:11:35 am »

As long as you turnfight, that's not an issue. And considering everyone turnfights in arcade furballs...

Hell even proper defensive manoeuvers against a BnZ attacker, faster than the stuka, stuka would be able to kill him, i believe. Like forcing headons.

Also B29 and Flakpanzer Gepard are in. Now give the B29 a nuke loadout for next april fools :P

Sounds like WT pilots arent too sharp.  :)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: February 08, 2015, 11:18:10 am »

Sounds like WT pilots arent too sharp.  :)

You mean you kept to tanks and never flied ? Go 3D !

Yeah, a good part of pilots are just DERP. I mean last time i brought out my stuka I shot down a premium 190 D9 who was not only lawnmoving, but turnfighting. That's in arcade, there is less derp in RB.

I think imma keep my D5 in my late tier 3/ early tier 4 lineup. Turnfight everyone, (except Zeroes) and get a large amount of Hercules awards. At 2k lions each, it's gonna be a good money source.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: February 08, 2015, 12:02:44 pm »

You mean you kept to tanks and never flied ? Go 3D !

Yeah, a good part of pilots are just DERP. I mean last time i brought out my stuka I shot down a premium 190 D9 who was not only lawnmoving, but turnfighting. That's in arcade, there is less derp in RB.

I think imma keep my D5 in my late tier 3/ early tier 4 lineup. Turnfight everyone, (except Zeroes) and get a large amount of Hercules awards. At 2k lions each, it's gonna be a good money source.

I have flown WT a bit (simulation) but I was disappointed by the flight and damage models and the lack of a sandbox. Theres some ridiculous things such as machine guns having a very noticeable recoil/kick effect and not just shake despite them being more or less aligned with the center of mass, and certain either lack or down-tuning of gyroscopic phenomena, making the planes feel a bit weightless... Besides the graphics it feels like the old Il-2 FB from 2003(that has improved vastly since into a totally different game) and actually sounds worse as there is no doppler effect. So no flying WT to me, I'll stick to the old il-2 and the BoS and just drive tanks instead. :(

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: February 08, 2015, 12:16:10 pm »

Some aircraft did slow down when firing.

And there is a sandbox, its called testflight. Its not that good though.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: February 08, 2015, 01:25:08 pm »

Some aircraft did slow down when firing.

And there is a sandbox, its called testflight. Its not that good though.

I did not mean slowing down, but the recoil of 2 fracking machine guns lined along the center of mass rising the entire nose on an aircraft that weights several tons.

With sandbox I was thinking something like il-2's full mission builder and the dynamic campaign generators.  ;)

edit: I dont mean to say its a bad game. Its so popular now that it clearly cant be, and even with all the faults I very much enjoy driving the tanks! Its just that somewhere along the last 14 years I've become a bit of a purist when it comes to warbirds.  :D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 01:33:19 pm by Erkki »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: February 08, 2015, 02:01:40 pm »

Been experimenting with no gun convergence on my tier II "MURRICAN lineup (BUFOlo, Kittyhawk and P-400). Not convinced so far.

Also stay on guard for a probable episode of drunk thunder. Who knows maybe i will be ramming more biplanes in tier III/IV.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: February 08, 2015, 02:30:37 pm »

http://warthunder.com/en/devblog/current/736

oh my armok a d5 with six mg151's it's everything i ever wanted

Never mind that it'll probably nerf turnspeed so to make the stuka noticeably weaker. Now let me live in my magical fairytale stuka land for a while.

edit: oh wait it will be lighter than standard bomb loadout so... yes please

The Germans will finally know the jos of turnfighting retarded American pilots on the deck.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: February 10, 2015, 06:00:51 pm »

http://warthunder.com/en/devblog/current/736

oh my armok a d5 with six mg151's it's everything i ever wanted

Never mind that it'll probably nerf turnspeed so to make the stuka noticeably weaker. Now let me live in my magical fairytale stuka land for a while.

edit: oh wait it will be lighter than standard bomb loadout so... yes please

The Germans will finally know the jos of turnfighting retarded American pilots on the deck.

Oh, they already do. D5 is already perfect for that, but 90% of people underestimate it.

Now they will FEAR it.

Also finally ground to air targets ammo in my Bf109 G2. That was painful.

Now maybe it's going to be better ?

Also the germans are getting the Fw 200. I feel it is going to be merely fighter chow, though.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 06:43:35 pm by Naryar »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: February 13, 2015, 11:43:36 am »

So, I have just got a Hellcat.

My 'murrican lineup is Buffalo, Kittyhawk and P-400.

Now which one to replace with the hellcat... I really have no idea because the Buffalo is the best UFO flier, the Kittyhawk is the one with the most consistent weaponry and the P-400 has the largest amount of firepower.

Sure I could buy another slot but I'm not sure.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: February 13, 2015, 01:38:02 pm »

Buy all the money slots. You can get enough of those to deal with almost every tech line.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 163