Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210907 times)

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #1935 on: February 04, 2015, 01:46:03 am »

Took some time (2h to be exact) to update my WT. Took the M2 for first spin, wasn't impressed... At first. It's better than Pz2 tho, faster and more manouverable. 37mm has some hard times against i.e. Pz3 side armor, it seems, or lack of mass and explosive secondary effect require radiator/fuel tank hits to kill anything.

On the other hand, had really fun driving Pz3 with short 50 around! didn't remember it was this effective- murdered 2 M4A1s at 200+ and assisted another M4, then dueled M3 at barrel length and won. Last kill came from M16 that managed to detrack and sheared the barrel, but got lucky and HE:d his driver. That new(?) map where's a castle in the middle and cratered terrain to south is nice change, with rolling hills for hulldown and flanking.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: February 04, 2015, 07:04:42 am »

I'm amazed the Arado hasn't been lowered to Tier One yet. I mean, people ramming practically 95% of the time they fly out should overcome any bombing points.

I wonder if Gaijin has stats on how many kills people have scored in the Arado.

It should be moved to the Japanese tree, because it is very honorabru

More seriously, I wonder how it will fair at tier IV ? in tier 5 it's not a bomber it's an xp pinata oh you mean like ALL bombers are NOT xp pinatas now, even the B17 and Yer2 ?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: February 04, 2015, 07:10:44 am »

Actually with both german and russian APHE i tend to have them explode too fast.

Especially the russian APHE ammo for the T-34-57.
The one with 120+ pen.

It tends to pop and shower sparkles right after it penetrates.

I drove begind a AI and decided to kill it by lighting its engine on fire... it's a somewhat reliable way of doing that since they never put out fires making them a guaranteed kill (unless someone killsteals them of course) even if you don't know where are the ammoracks.
Now everything was great but... the engine just refused to be damaged as the shells exploded right after penetrating showering the engine and fueltanks with barely damaging sparkles.
I put at least 3 shots into it before i said sod it and loaded the stock shell that inexplicably managed to penetrate and actually fly close enough to the engine before exploding this time wrecking it and setting the thing on fire.

And things are even worse with german tanks.
For example just several days ago i came up behind a T-34. I shot its rear. The shell released the sparkles before even hitting the engine.
Engine and fuel tanks green.
He didn't notice so i fired again.
Engine still green and one of the fuel tanks is now yellow. Woo.
He began spinning his turret around to shoot me so i blast the turret ring.
The shell penetrates and explodes hitting the breech... making it green along with the ring. He then proceeds to fire APCR penetrating the front of my glorious PZ4 F2 oneshoting the giant ammorack i have at the front.

3 shots and only caused superficial damage.

Simply
Intercoursing
Amazing.

I barely use APHE anymore because of that. Just carry a couple because they have more pen at range than APCR.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: February 04, 2015, 10:41:44 am »

Yeah, the Pzgr 39 sucks. I penned a T-34's side yesterday 4 times(3 times hull, once turret side), managed to not kill a crew member and then finally realized I was there, turned his gun and one-shot my IV G.

It seems to consistently work(as in, destroy and not just scratch) only when the modules you want to hit are right behind the armor. So far it seems to work well against Sherman's side ammo rack and in damaging the gun breech and the loader/gunner of the T-34(the cramped early turret). Thats about it.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: February 05, 2015, 06:08:58 am »

Also american fighters are tat.
I had more luck killing things in the B-25 than the damned mustang. At least the bomber starts higher so i can attack other bombers and some fighters that try going head on.

Buffalo all day erry day.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: February 05, 2015, 11:20:39 am »

Also Hellcat, Hellcat is fucking scary when used well.

Also nearly unlocked the K4 which means I'll be able to unlock the german jets soonish. I really don't feel like doing that tough, they don't seem all that appealing.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: February 05, 2015, 11:33:21 am »

Also Hellcat, Hellcat is fucking scary when used well.

Hmm. I see it has rockets, and is a bomber as well so quick reload... anything else ?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: February 05, 2015, 11:38:25 am »

The only quick reload is the MG's, the rockets/bombs are the standard 5mins the fighters get iirc. But for the most part, it's scary because it's quick and tough as well as packing 6 .50 cals at a BR of 2.7. The only way you can club harder is either taking the Mig-3 or the Chaikas.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: February 05, 2015, 12:04:00 pm »

Its kinda weird, but I have gotten to the point of viewing autocannon SPAA pieces as a really light SPG.

Meanwhile, MG SPAA is a "find camping spot, have fun with bombers" craft.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: February 05, 2015, 12:12:06 pm »

P47 has 3.0 br in realistic battles which makes it crazy powerful

Also I love the p36, but if I have to choose a tier 1 for arcade mc 202 all the life

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: February 05, 2015, 12:29:18 pm »

P47 has 3.0 br in realistic battles which makes it crazy powerful

Also I love the p36, but if I have to choose a tier 1 for arcade mc 202 all the life

Is the Folgore good now ? It's been a long while since I've flown it, and I remember it as an average plane.

Also unlocked the P-400. It looks... I'm not so sure. Untested yet but yet I feel like the very low ammo in the Hispano and the low ammo in the 12mm's will just let me with shitty mg's most of the time.

Anyways if I use it I know that's not a plane you turnfight with... not with that ammo.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: February 05, 2015, 12:44:23 pm »

It's twitchy in realistic, but a very fine bnz craft in arcade - as long add your whole lineup is tier I

It climbs well (disregarding the crazy number which looks wrong) do it is nice for bomber hunting, but you need to pay attention to gunners as the engine breaks easily.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: February 05, 2015, 12:58:01 pm »

Its kinda weird, but I have gotten to the point of viewing autocannon SPAA pieces as a really light SPG.

Meanwhile, MG SPAA is a "find camping spot, have fun with bombers" craft.
Pretty much. Although I finally unlocked frag shells for my SdKfz 6/2, and now it's a legit threat to aircraft. 3 kills plus a tank kill (remembered to bring along some PzGr shells as well) in last match.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: February 05, 2015, 02:46:23 pm »

http://warthunder.com/en/devblog/current/736

oh my armok a d5 with six mg151's it's everything i ever wanted

Never mind that it'll probably nerf turnspeed so to make the stuka noticeably weaker. Now let me live in my magical fairytale stuka land for a while.

edit: oh wait it will be lighter than standard bomb loadout so... yes please
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 02:56:22 pm by Naryar »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: February 05, 2015, 03:14:34 pm »

That thing could be a holy terror against early ground forces. From Hell's heart, I strafe at thee..

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 163