Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210594 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #1260 on: July 10, 2014, 10:51:03 am »

It's nice that the Hs129 Duck doesn't OMGWTFEXPLODE at the slightest damage. It's now somewhat resistant to damage.

>duck dogfighting

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: July 11, 2014, 03:29:20 pm »

Oh, and us Brits finally have more bombers coming. Now the bullshit 5.0BR Wellington Mk X can be dropped to Tier 3 where is should be. Gaijoob pls gib Halifax naow.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: July 16, 2014, 08:09:16 pm »

1. Try to log in, get "authorization server" error.
2. Check forums, no indication of an outage.
3. Check support KB, tells me to try logging into Gaijin website.
4. Not sure what the hell my password is. Try a couple of options, none work.
5. Try "forgot password" link.
6. "There was an error sending the password reset email. If this keeps happening, contact support."
7. Click support link.
8. Have to log into Gaijin to submit a support ticket.
9. Brain asplode with sheer rage.

WTF YOU BORSCHT-SUCKING BASTARDS??!?! Who the fuck is so goddamned stupid to design this?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: July 16, 2014, 10:00:03 pm »

I too have had similar issues with other games.

My suggestion is to write your username and passwords on a piece of paper and store it in the most secure but still accessible (to you) vault in the depths of your castle.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: July 17, 2014, 02:02:52 am »

I'm too lazy to change it so I'm still using the one they sent me that one time I had it changed. Whenever I forget it I just gotta find the email with the password and I'm all set XD

Also, started the Mustang grind yesterday, only 75k to go!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: July 18, 2014, 01:48:02 am »

Alright, lesson learned : do NOT attack a Havoc or a B17 by the rear. Damn these murrican planes do pack some dakka.

Also, first impressions with the first Pe-3. Looks like a crappy heavy fighter. Maybe I should just not BnZ/dogfight with it :P
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 01:52:30 am by Naryar »

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: July 18, 2014, 01:52:44 am »

From what I've seen, the best way to engage a B-17 is from a kilometer away with a really big gun.

Given that's not always an option, another idea espoused is attacking it in a way that minimizes the time you spend in the death sphere, either going head-on or diving on it and passing it by.

I know the Germans had a tactic of diving on it then turning up and shooting at the belly in a snaking maneuver.
Nothing important here, move along.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: July 18, 2014, 02:03:47 am »

Alright, lesson learned : do NOT attack a Havoc or a B17 by the rear. Damn these murrican planes do pack some dakka.

Also, first impressions with the first Pe-3. Looks like a crappy heavy fighter. Maybe I should just not BnZ/dogfight with it :P

Personally i used the Peshka as a crappy dive bomber and soft vehicle buster.
The armament its just too weak for anything else.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: July 18, 2014, 10:04:06 pm »

From what I've seen, the best way to engage a B-17 is from a kilometer away with a really big gun.

Given that's not always an option, another idea espoused is attacking it in a way that minimizes the time you spend in the death sphere, either going head-on or diving on it and passing it by.

I know the Germans had a tactic of diving on it then turning up and shooting at the belly in a snaking maneuver.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work too well in arcade, where B-17s can nosedive at 400mph, then pull an 11G turn to level out, then proceed to wipe out your base. Really, until they do something to make bomber aerodynamics even remotely reality-based in arcade, I'm inclined to stop playing.

Tanks were just getting fun, but now it's 30+ minutes to get a match started in simulator difficulty, and I refuse to play tanks on anything else because it becomes a twitch-fest and my old man reflexes aren't up to that.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: July 19, 2014, 05:02:11 am »

A "semi realistic" mode would solve all those problems.
Planes that act like in Historical but retaining respawns and magical aiming circles form arcade.

And there ya go planes act like they are supposed to yaks won't climp like mad when nearly vertical and diving bombers will get their wings ripped off.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: July 19, 2014, 09:25:51 am »

Tanks were just getting fun, but now it's 30+ minutes to get a match started in simulator difficulty, and I refuse to play tanks on anything else because it becomes a twitch-fest and my old man reflexes aren't up to that.
Are you using all the servers or only your regional one. I've found that allowing the matchmaker to put ypu anywhere greatly reduces wait times.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: July 19, 2014, 10:31:34 am »

Yah, to 5min before a battle.

Sim takes a while, thanks to people loving their names/bullshit aim assist.

Hell, if they just tuned down that thing, say to where you actually have to see the target to get it...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: July 21, 2014, 09:03:47 pm »

Exactly! I don't even give a shit about realistic armor penetration, single respawns, etc. I just can't play tanks when every fucker and his brother knows I'm going to come around that corner before I even get there.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: July 21, 2014, 10:47:50 pm »

Unfortunately, this doesn't work too well in arcade, where B-17s can nosedive at 400mph, then pull an 11G turn to level out, then proceed to wipe out your base. Really, until they do something to make bomber aerodynamics even remotely reality-based in arcade, I'm inclined to stop playing.

Well why are you playing arcade? 

I use (used, don't really play anymore) the captured P-47 Thunderkraut, so I don't have to worry about B-17s.  I have eight 50 caliber machine guns loaded with the beautiful, immaculate API-T belt.

One burst right next to the wing and that B-17 is toast.
Shoes...

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: July 22, 2014, 08:24:14 am »

I played tanks maybe once. I got killed in two shots by someone I didn't see.

At least in the air you see your enemies and you have far more power in general.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 163