Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210575 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #1050 on: May 16, 2014, 10:05:46 am »

I imagine a lot of people aren't playing tanks at the moment out of frustration. Both the Russians and Germans have some extraordinarily overpowered vehicles that cause one another unending headache.
Nothing important here, move along.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: May 16, 2014, 11:51:08 am »

Its a lot more realistic than similar games, even in arcade. Tanks frequently were taken out by one penetrating shot, and a 150 mm HE round would basically wreck any tank it landed near.

Unlike world of tanks, where every tank basically has godlike durability compared to its real world counterpart.

So I imagine it's a culture shock. Some people will adjust and like it, some people won't. But at least it provides a significant difference in gameplay from world of tanks. People just have to get used to it.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: May 16, 2014, 02:11:58 pm »

Yeah I love it, especially how they kinda have tiers separated by time, though not entirely. I'd like a mode where each tier was literally a year, though I guess I'm in the minority that says fuck balance 1v1 and just give extra # to realistically mediocre tanks.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: May 16, 2014, 05:55:43 pm »

Damn, T-34 Prototype is really OP. So is T-50.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: May 16, 2014, 07:56:27 pm »

I installed this today as I saw they included arcadey tank fighting.

It's pretty fun, though it's taking a long-ass time to get another kind of tank. There's only so much you can enjoy a Panzer II with a flak cannon instead of an actual gun. It's not too bad though, as the CANADAWAGON is quite awesome to pilot.

Still, I enjoy it a lot more than WoT.

Here's a picture of the CANADAWAGON:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm only about 1/4th the way to researching the Panzer IV.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: May 16, 2014, 08:02:10 pm »

I am racing to get the Tiger. Four more tanks to research!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: May 16, 2014, 08:28:05 pm »

Well, I tried this yesterday and it was...interesting, to say the least. First air combat, US reserve aircrafts, more than 5 enemies shot down. First place on the team, even! Next few games, consistant most-assists, rarely any actual kills. Wondering if they use a special matchmaking for the first match or if I was just super-lucky with my arcade controls.

Tried one tank battle, got swarmed by a trio of tanks several times while trying to use the flak cannon the reserve started with. Not fun.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: May 16, 2014, 10:32:00 pm »

It's pretty fun, though it's taking a long-ass time to get another kind of tank. There's only so much you can enjoy a Panzer II with a flak cannon instead of an actual gun. It's not too bad though, as the CANADAWAGON is quite awesome to pilot.

Isn't the Panzer 4 a Tier 2 tank? You probably want to research a T1 tank instead and it'll be faster.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: May 16, 2014, 10:36:32 pm »

T-50, PzIV F2 (with long 75mm) and KV-1S are the best in their respective tier.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: May 17, 2014, 01:01:02 am »

Isn't the Panzer 4 a Tier 2 tank? You probably want to research a T1 tank instead and it'll be faster.
The Panzer 4 Auf C is for some reason a generation 1 tank. I want to go up that line simply because it has Panthers in it.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: May 17, 2014, 01:23:37 am »

I am up to Pz.IV F2 now, nearly fully upgraded, except for Artillery and a couple of last upgrades. I must warn you and others that Tier 1-2 German tanks are so underpowered. My T-50 could beat multiple tier 1 Pz.III at once, I think it's made of Putinium alloy. They only way they can hurt my T-50 is by HE shelling the gun barrel, as T-50's gun barrel tends to fall off.

Pz.IV F2 is great so far, the 100mm penetration 75mm gun really makes a difference. Just be ready to suffer to get there. Unlocking Pz.III L soon and will report back!

TheFish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TheFish Plays
« Reply #1061 on: May 17, 2014, 02:24:55 am »

Oh right spaking of aircraft. That's another thing that annoys me.
Tanks screw with my aircraft roster.
If i want to play a game or two with tanks and then play aircraft it's WHOOPS gotta move around the vehicles again.
I kinda wish there was a seperate bar for tanks and planes or at least so that tanks don't take slots i would otherwise use for planes.

This so much. I would've much rather had separate crews for Air and Ground. It didn't bother me in the CBT, I guess because I wasn't playing planes during the test. I suspect they're doing it this way because of the combined battles so it won't be changed. Oh well.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: May 17, 2014, 02:39:37 am »

I am up to Pz.IV F2 now, nearly fully upgraded, except for Artillery and a couple of last upgrades. I must warn you and others that Tier 1-2 German tanks are so underpowered. My T-50 could beat multiple tier 1 Pz.III at once, I think it's made of Putinium alloy. They only way they can hurt my T-50 is by HE shelling the gun barrel, as T-50's gun barrel tends to fall off.

Pz.IV F2 is great so far, the 100mm penetration 75mm gun really makes a difference. Just be ready to suffer to get there. Unlocking Pz.III L soon and will report back!
Yeah, the tier 1 German tanks are so garbage.  The only one even worth mentioning is the Panzer 3, as that at least has armour and an actual gun. It's still completely worthless in the face of the Soviet tier 2 tanks.

The starter tank you get is so worthless it can't even kill tanks when you've completely flanked them and emptied two full clips of your flak cannon directly into their rears at point blank. The only reason I even use it is because it has artillery.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: May 17, 2014, 03:13:57 am »

There's an upside to shared crews it seems. GF gives you stupidly high amounts of crew points, like, if you do anything you'll get atleast 10, getting kills and actually winning gets you even higher. And since the crews are shared between tanks and planes you get a good amount of training points for planes without doing much.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: May 17, 2014, 03:17:54 am »

There's also bombing, which is pretty good for getting points as well if you want to boost your tank crews.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 163