Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210590 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #1005 on: April 01, 2014, 12:27:54 pm »

High caliber is where it's at guys. Now, the Yak-9T might be a filthy bastard of a plane that pops anything it looks at. But god damn the sound of that thing firing. So amazing!!

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: April 01, 2014, 12:38:19 pm »

High caliber is where it's at guys. Now, the Yak-9T might be a filthy bastard of a plane that pops anything it looks at. But god damn the sound of that thing firing. So amazing!!

Honestly after seeing how the gun on a 37mm Japenese plane performs, I may think the yak9 isn't THAT overpowered.

Also... 30mm MK103 sounds amazing.

bertix

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity is over-rated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 01, 2014, 08:36:23 pm »

Unlocked the FW-190 D9, this was the longest grind ever.
Set phasers to tsun.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 04, 2014, 01:34:45 pm »

I hate Yak-9s. They make British planes (except for Beaufighters) cease to exist. Not die, they literally remove them from existence.

Unlocked the FW-190 D9, this was the longest grind ever.

Spitfire Mk Vc. 600k lions, plus pilot training of almost 200k, plus research. I'll be damned if it isn't a sweet plane, though.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 04, 2014, 05:18:45 pm »

The 190D is about twice as expensive as the spit Vc.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: April 06, 2014, 04:06:43 am »

So what exactly does repair rank do now?

Most of my planes are T2 and have it at one, and they seem to repair just fine in battle. Heck, I even have two T3's which have it on level one and they're doing just fine too. So is there any point in leveling it up? Since it's hella expensive.

AS - IG

TheFish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TheFish Plays
« Reply #1011 on: April 06, 2014, 04:36:30 am »

Most of my planes are T2 and have it at one, and they seem to repair just fine in battle. Heck, I even have two T3's which have it on level one and they're doing just fine too. So is there any point in leveling it up? Since it's hella expensive.

I believe it's required to "repair for free", leaving your planes in the hanger to repair without the use of lions between battles. It may have changed however so that they just take a really long time without the required rank. But it's along those lines.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: April 06, 2014, 05:22:15 am »

Could be that, since all the T3 ones take over 5 hours to fix. Then again, I have a La-5 with rank 2 repairs which needs some 4 or so hours, while a Yak-1B who has it on rank 1 needs only 3 hours :S
AS - IG

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: April 15, 2014, 04:51:34 pm »

Doublepost but with good reason.

1.39 is out, and the biggest thing is the changes to the economy and research. Rewards generally got a bit higher and upkeep lower, so more money should be flowing in, which is good, since now whenever you are unlocking the first aircraft of a new rank (so your first T2 plane, your first T3 plane, and so on) the RP cost of it is reduced by up to 25%

Also it says that you need to unlock atleast 6 planes to get to T5 but I haven't exactly understood that, did they remove the atleast three planes unlocked in a tier before being able to unlock the next one or is it something else?

In any case, awesome stuff because now I'll be getting my derp planes even faster, and right now those are pretty much the only things that I really want (well, aside from the P-51D, but I want that one just to be able to look at how sexy it is).
AS - IG

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: April 15, 2014, 05:41:23 pm »

The germans get the joke dornier (armed with cannons that don't even shoot forward) and 2 actual jets at tier 5 that are not laughable.
Seems ok to me.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: April 16, 2014, 12:59:54 pm »

They increased the amount of planes you need to unlock to unlock next tier planes from 3 to 6.

However they lowered research costs. It should roughly take you the same amount of time to go from tier to tier, but you'll have a lot more planes.

On top of that, rewards have been increased, so you should roughly go through content 25% faster. Hopefully.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 01:05:26 pm by Kaitol »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: April 17, 2014, 02:42:27 am »

Repair rank is a lock on the repair speed skill. If your repair rank is lower than the rank of the plane, repair speed has no effects.

Repair speed effects how fast you repair in and out of battle.

In both cases, it isn't really worth upgrading. The in combat gain is neglible, and T-3+ planes won't repair fast enough even with a maxed out crew to be viable.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: April 17, 2014, 04:25:51 am »

Well it DOES reduce the repair time in those rare tuimes when you land a totally wrecked airplane (or wreck it during landing) since the time reduction is the most noticable there... but yeah it's not the most useful skill in the game.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: April 17, 2014, 05:10:32 am »

It barely matters though. Landing only every so often, and those few seconds aren't going to make much of a difference.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 03, 2014, 03:58:30 am »

The NDA has been lifted from War Thunder Ground Forces (not that anyone was following it anyway) so if there's anyone who's been playing with the tanks, feel free to say your thoughts.

Personally, I started playing the Germans, but switched to Russians not because they were better in some way (far from it in my mind, I like the German's snipeyness) but because there were so few Russian players it was far, far easier to get in a game with them.
Nothing important here, move along.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 163