Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210691 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #885 on: January 10, 2014, 04:20:48 pm »

Yeah, tier 1-4 germany is just painful.

MC202 and He111 are about the only worthy planes. That premium biplane isn't half bad either.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: January 10, 2014, 04:21:37 pm »

Ok so i decided to stop playing russian biplanes and moved up to tier 2.
On paper most of their planes are average and a bit undergunned (2-3 machineguns only).

So i took the russian fighters for a spin and DEAR GOD. I was tailing a A-20 and decided to unload on its engines and it just exploded into a cloud of spare parts.
I never had something like that happen when i derp around in a BF-109 even with extra cannons mounted i usually ger the engine disabled or set it aflame at best.

Later that game i rammed a spitfire from behind ripped his tail off with my mighty soviet flying machine... got credited for the kill and lived to tell the tale.
Sure my hull was black and my tail was gone for some reason but the plane remained flyable... if a bit wobbly... and i got another kill while flying with no tail control and finally crashed when i had some american fighter and spitfire on my tail... suprisingly enough i didn't give them any credit for the kill... likely because the fuselage and tail they were shooting was already black and considered destroyed.

Silly shit i tells ya.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: January 10, 2014, 04:29:21 pm »

lol you playing a Mig ?

also I have some very nice (hear: OP) results with the LaGG-3.

Hell when i play my collection of tier 1 soviet planes i usally do much better than in my tier 2/3 german planes. Well, that may be because of sealclubbing.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: January 10, 2014, 04:37:22 pm »

lol you playing a Mig ?

Not sure what plane it was but i know it had MGs only... i basically bought all the planes i could before the research changes and currently fly around with 3 fighters 1 heavy fighter and one bomber droping russian grenades instead of bombs... tier 2 i guess.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: January 10, 2014, 04:45:02 pm »

If it was a Chaika, those things have four ShKAS buzzsaws. The real ones were known for unreliability, the ones in the game don't have to worry about that, so their fire rate (comparable to some slower rotary guns and faster than the MG34 could fire) makes them really, really powerful.
Nothing important here, move along.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: January 10, 2014, 05:12:47 pm »

Chaika = best russian plane.

Lagg3 isn't bad... Ishak is p good as well.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: January 10, 2014, 05:44:32 pm »

So you guys play together this ?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: January 10, 2014, 05:56:17 pm »

Yeah.

On another matter, got that Fw. Finally. Trying it in HB.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: January 10, 2014, 06:31:43 pm »

The LaGG's and Chaikas are pretty good yes. But the Yak's those are awesome. Like the Lagg but it's flyability is kinda better.

Oh and you simply must get the IL-2 that motherfucker is awesome.

The other day I got my first rocket kill with that thing. Got onto a tail of a P-40 after some strafing runs, and as I tried to hit him I ran out of ammo. I glance over to see how long before I reload and notice I just got my 8 rockets back. And that gleeful voice of destruction in my head lights up keeps saying DO EEEEEETT!!!!!

So I fire two rockets, one of the hits it square in the tail and blows the bastard up. So far one of the most satisfying kills I got in this game,another would be that time when I was trying to protect an airstrip in domination with the IL-2 and a stray bomber appears (I think it was the Catalina or something equally big). I fire off a random burst as it crosses my reticle not hoping for much but the 23mm's do their job and simply cut the bugger in two :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: January 10, 2014, 07:54:28 pm »

Yeah, rocket kills are the best kills, along with giant cannon kills (Like Me410 U4, Ju87 G, and the DUCK) and when you kill a plane with bombs. Always hilarious.

Talking of giant cannon kills... Yak9 ? Airacobra ? You're playing war thunder easy mode right ?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 07:57:57 pm by Naryar »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: January 10, 2014, 07:58:03 pm »

Not up to the 9 yet, but I'm looking forward to it. The Aircobra even more since it's a freaking T2 plane :D

And it's not so much because it's easy or anything, but for the satisfaction you get when you gib someone completely and utterly. Bombers are my favourites with this. Feeling all high and mighty and indestructable, we'll I've got several kilograms of various kinds of hurt that says otherwise coming right at ya buddy!
AS - IG

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: January 10, 2014, 08:01:45 pm »

Yak9 is brutally overpowered. Don't be a newb and use something else.

Also bombers are hardly indestructible... hell, they're nearly free XP after tier 2. It's not even funny.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: January 10, 2014, 08:15:29 pm »

Oh I'm aware they're not that hard to kill, I considered them tough before my Pe-2 was oneshot by a Yak of some variety. After that I realised that there's not much point in running anything but the biggest freaking gun you can find, because taking a peashooter is crippling yourself. You will get into a fight and unless you're lucky or ganging up on someone the other guy has a shot at you and if he's packing a bigger gun you will end up hurt badly. It's only fair to return the favour.

In any case, most of my play is grounded 'till the end of the month because of shitty internet, so the tasty tasty Yak monster will have to wait a while.
AS - IG

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: January 11, 2014, 01:43:33 am »

Yeah - Yaks are the hitmen of Warthunder. You aim, you click once, they die. I remember how hyped I was when I got an IL-2 and thought holy shit im gonna own all ya cunts, only to be corrected later when I got a Yak 9B.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: January 11, 2014, 02:39:26 am »

To be fair, they're only really good because of arcade's arcadiness. A lot of the yaks have crap for ammo counts, so without infinite ammo hax its pretty much "lol yak, free dinner."

Whereas in arcade they have effectively infinite ammo for those cannons. Personally I think they should bump up cannon reload times a bit more to stop the constant streams of massive cannon shells flying all over the place. Give machine gun planes a chance to kill stuff without getting their kills stolen all the time.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 163