Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210764 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #795 on: December 26, 2013, 02:02:56 pm »

I disagree, I think you underestimate the potential power of sustained fire from 6-8 50 cals with incendiary rounds. It's a lot harder to get explosive one hit kills(but even pilot kills happen fairly frequently because you're pumping out so many more shots than cannon wielders that you have a better chance of hitting the pilot.) But if you're willing to pick targets which aren't popular, and be a bit patient and let fire/equipment failure take them down you can do well. One of my favorite American planes in the P-47 without any ground attack hardware. The bombs have their uses, but without them it's a pleasure to fly in the air. Probably the best BnZ plane I've come across outside of the Bf-109s.

The big problem is simply finding targets which don't already have 2-3 other planes attacking them. And RB are much better for that.

I respect the cannon, but I think that people that just go after bigger and bigger calibers are missing the whole picture.

That's because in arcade some planes just WONT die if all you have are flimsy MGs.
Sure you will make them all black and ridden with holes but they will stay in the air for a LOOOOONG time while someone using a cannon will simply rip them apart in a burst or two.

Heh, when you go 20mm you never go back. At least in arcade.

Except maybe for the Chaika. Best russian plane evar. It's even lulzier with rockets.

Also, 20mm minengeschoss <3

« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 02:06:48 pm by Naryar »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 26, 2013, 03:06:26 pm »

When it comes to guns I prefer them firing small family cars, or alternatively a stream of lead walls.

So basically either it's DERP or it's DAKKA, nothing inbetween :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 26, 2013, 06:07:58 pm »

Meanwhile... popular youtube commenter teaches kids how to deny their enemies a kill.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLPAftVeOGM
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 26, 2013, 06:31:46 pm »

I got my first expert crew  :D

Meanwhile... popular youtube commenter teaches kids how to deny their enemies a kill.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLPAftVeOGM

Pretty damn funny, though.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 26, 2013, 06:36:11 pm »

I have a proposal, War Thunder players. Every time you get on someone's tail, remember. It's Christmas. Consider puling away, and voice chatting 'Merry Christmas, my friend!'. If they try to kill you, feel free to shoot their ass, though.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: December 26, 2013, 07:35:19 pm »

To be fair, if you're such a jerkface that you specifically go after one person and ignore everything else, to the detriment of your team, to go off to the most remote part of the map specifically to chase one person who's done nothing to you but be a recognizable name, you deserve anything you get. I mean sure you got three targets in front of you, closest one is jingles, sure grin and shoot him down, fair enough. Not saying you should ignore the guy either. But that guy deserved to be trolled.

Personally I would have went into a nosedive and suicided into the ground just to see if he was stupid enough to follow me.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: December 26, 2013, 07:40:40 pm »

To be fair, if you're such a jerkface that you specifically go after one person and ignore everything else, to the detriment of your team, to go off to the most remote part of the map specifically to chase one person who's done nothing to you but be a recognizable name, you deserve anything you get. I mean sure you got three targets in front of you, closest one is jingles, sure grin and shoot him down, fair enough. Not saying you should ignore the guy either. But that guy deserved to be trolled.

Personally I would have went into a nosedive and suicided into the ground just to see if he was stupid enough to follow me.

Yeah but have in mind that jingles rage quit the game instead of just bailing and taking another plane... and becoming an even BIGGER detriment to his team because they have now a permanent player disadvantage. That BF 109 will use all that height and will get back to the thick of it in less than a minute... Jingles on the other hand...
Self promotion below.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 26, 2013, 07:42:39 pm »

Yeah but have in mind that jingles rage quit the game instead of just bailing and taking another plane... and becoming an even BIGGER detriment to his team because they have now a permanent player disadvantage. That BF 109 will use all that height and will get back to the thick of it in less than a minute... Jingles on the other hand...

That's implying the BF109 didn't ragequit as well.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 26, 2013, 07:49:31 pm »

Why should he?
He has a massivle height advantage over everyone by the time jigles bailed AND the game was barely beginning (both ticket meters nearly full).
All he needed to do was a U turn and fly straight for about 30 seconds to get back into action.
I'd understand if the game was at its end when jingles bailed but it was barely the beginning.
Self promotion below.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 26, 2013, 07:52:43 pm »

Why should he?
He has a massivle height advantage over everyone by the time jigles bailed AND the game was barely beginning (both ticket meters nearly full).
All he needed to do was a U turn and fly straight for about 30 seconds to get back into action.
I'd understand if the game was at its end when jingles bailed but it was barely the beginning.

Because he got trolled hard and may ragequit out of frustration ?

Of course, if he is wise or knows his plane well he will not ragequit.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 26, 2013, 07:53:21 pm »

Meh. If he doesn't have fun in games where he's been pointed out and gets dogpiled, why should he play? Its a game. The point is to have fun. If you're not having fun... why play?

It's not like the winning team gets any huge bonuses in War Thunder. Its all personal merit.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 26, 2013, 08:12:15 pm »

Because getting dogpiled isn't fun if you don't think so ?

And yes, the winning team gets at least +50% RP and +25% money. Even more important now.

On another matter... anyone knows what happens to modification RP when all the planes you fly are fully upgraded ? Does it gets added to research RP ? I certainly hope so.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: December 26, 2013, 08:34:12 pm »

Okay, can anyone else sign into War Thunder? It keeps saying 'NOPE' when I try.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: December 26, 2013, 08:39:15 pm »

modification rp earned on fully unlocked planes is wasted. answered several times by mods on the official forum :'(

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: December 26, 2013, 08:53:46 pm »

modification rp earned on fully unlocked planes is wasted. answered several times by mods on the official forum :'(
I think those planes generate a extra 30% research exp tho.
Self promotion below.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 163