Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 211037 times)

serephe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #375 on: September 30, 2013, 05:58:44 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's not in the game yet but for those interested there is a heavy fighter armed with a 50 mm cannon in heavy fighter tree.
But in reality the 37 mm DUAL cannons installed on a tier 7 Stuka are more than enough to down nearly anything in one shot.

That's just beautiful.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 30, 2013, 06:26:34 pm »

Hmm just decided to have a go today and first game and i run into some vocal douchebag.

That guy scored 18 shotdowns and boy i never got more pilot death in one game than that one.
He was basically constantly circling and killing everyones pilot in like a split second.
Tried boom and zooming him but he just sniped my pilot out of his seat from nearly 2 km away using stealth ammo.
I'd call out hax if the guns were hitscan but bullets have a flighttime in Warthunder so i'm kinda stumped.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 30, 2013, 07:48:39 pm »

Ahahaha! I'm sure some of you share this sentiment, but it feels good to finally have a Kingcobra and one-shot a Mitchell pilot through a wing and half the fuselage! So much time spent chasing and dying to the gunners on them, but now the tables are turned. Heck, the Kingcobras are wonderful in general, they bring out my inner Marvin the Martian. Even had a moment where an Airacobra was chasing me, but the minute I wheeled around to face him the guy just NOPED and turned away. :3

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 01, 2013, 12:56:54 am »

75mm? So... a flying Panther?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's not in the game yet but for those interested there is a heavy fighter armed with a 50 mm cannon in heavy fighter tree.
But in reality the 37 mm DUAL cannons installed on a tier 7 Stuka are more than enough to down nearly anything in one shot.
Look up the B-25H. 75mm + 4 .50cals, rocket racks and bombs. It's like the epitome of ground attack :P
The Dread Pirate

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 05, 2013, 03:18:08 am »

Ladies and gents, without further ado, Skyrim with tanks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tQmJZ4tSg8
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 05, 2013, 03:55:31 am »

Ladies and gents, without further ado, Skyrim with tanks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tQmJZ4tSg8

I really hope this hurts Wargaming.net. Fuck their shitty CEO. This looks way better than WoT already.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 05, 2013, 03:59:39 am »

I really hope this hurts Wargaming.net. Fuck their shitty CEO. This looks way better than WoT already.

Amen, brother. WG is bloody arrogant and competition is always good for us, customers.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 05, 2013, 05:04:55 am »

Well competition is always nice.
Altho i'm almost certain that games with air can and WILL end in rage and tears.

Getting randomly killed by some random "idiot" in a IL-2 and being unable to do a damn thing about it can and WILL be frustrating.
Then again there might be AA tanks but with the current system where spotting tanks is not that easy... they might just shred any aircraft there is with relative impunity because... hey have fun spotting that flakpanzer in thick foilage!
Self promotion below.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 05, 2013, 08:48:30 am »

Well competition is always nice.
Altho i'm almost certain that games with air can and WILL end in rage and tears.

Getting randomly killed by some random "idiot" in a IL-2 and being unable to do a damn thing about it can and WILL be frustrating.
Then again there might be AA tanks but with the current system where spotting tanks is not that easy... they might just shred any aircraft there is with relative impunity because... hey have fun spotting that flakpanzer in thick foilage!

Aim for the bush with all the tracers coming out of it.

Either way, it looks wonderful, but I'm still skeptical. I've also put a lot of time into world of tanks (but a decent amount of time into the planes in war thunder as well) There's going to have to be something HUGE to get me to break away from all my progress in WoT. If they make it so that the plane/tank/ship nation xp/levels carry over, maybe that would help a bit.

Also, I really don't know why people hate WG so much. I can't say I've really paid attention to all the details of their corporate actions, but hell, they seem to treat their players with respect, unlike Gaijin. At least WoT usually tries to reimburse players when there are major tech tree changes. Gaijin has multiple times now simply moved planes around and changed prices with no thought to people who might have recently bought them.

I'll admit competition can keep people on their toes, but at the same time, it can hurt things because it might force changes to a game that didn't really need the changes, or might have needed change in a different direction, all in an effort to compete. You see this all the time in MMOs that try to mimic World of Warcraft in some way and end up worse off for it.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 05, 2013, 09:57:18 am »

WG was pretty arseholeish towards its customers for some time now.
And now people also accuse them of rigging the matchmaking and RNG (to help the bad players).
Well you know the drill shitstorm and yada yada.
Self promotion below.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 05, 2013, 01:25:01 pm »

Examples? Also unverified claims of MM unfairness aren't warranted. Everyone complains about the MM in WoT or WT.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 05, 2013, 01:43:15 pm »

I recall a period where they deleted every post from the official forums that could possibly have been construed as critical of WG or their games.

3. Run Resize Enable

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 05, 2013, 03:52:58 pm »

Official forums for commercial games have a reputation for being terrible places with terrible users and terrible moderators. That's hardly a reflection of the company as a whole, especially if it's not happening anymore.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 05, 2013, 04:06:48 pm »

That wasn't users or moderators. That was WG consciously removing any trace of dissent or problems with the game from public view.

3. Run Resize Enable

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 05, 2013, 04:51:01 pm »

Selling premium tanks and then slowly nerfing them into nothing.

The german premium H35 for example.
http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Pz.Kpfw._38H_735_(f)

At first it was "wicked sick" to say the least acting as a Tier 2 maus that when angled just bounced shot after shot.
Later however the armor got nerfed and guns were added to tier 1 and 2 tanks that could penetrate it easely anyway.
The the chinese line got released and the Chi-Ha simply violated the burning husk with its 70 penetration gun.

Its the same story with just about every other premium tank in the game... usually it's not as severe tho but if you pay for something real money you'd expect it to NOT get nerfed.
Self promotion below.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 163