Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 211093 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #255 on: August 08, 2013, 06:42:58 pm »

I hate the fog on mountain maps so, so much. :x

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 08, 2013, 06:57:50 pm »

I hate thick cloud cover on just about any map. I very much like to be able to plan my attack runs well in advance, since I'm not a very good dogfighter.

Also, the new 'buy parts for your planes' system feels like either an excuse to nerf everyone or a way to try and hide some planes getting nerfed without people noticing and bitching about it.
Nothing important here, move along.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #257 on: August 09, 2013, 03:34:18 am »

It's probably just a move towards them requiring more silver thingies as upkeep. Before you'd just buy the plane, and the very occasional engine or whatever. Now you've got to buy ammo every now and then, and all these little unlockables. Apparently they reduced plane prices by 30% (someone here said so, I think?), but in the long run we're still loosing out ;)

engy

• Bay Watcher
  • Military | Science | Consumer
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 09, 2013, 08:23:42 am »

It's probably just a move towards them requiring more silver thingies as upkeep. Before you'd just buy the plane, and the very occasional engine or whatever. Now you've got to buy ammo every now and then, and all these little unlockables. Apparently they reduced plane prices by 30% (someone here said so, I think?), but in the long run we're still loosing out ;)

Currently if you haven't noticed the parts are super cheap.  Also not having them makes the repair prices cheaper.  I have yet to see a plane where I had to spend more on upgrades then what it used to cost full price. (Maybe that will happen at the higher levels, but it hasn't up to rank 5)

The non-default ammo used to cost money to reload as well and I don't think price changed; its just much clearer on how much you are spending. The default ammo is still free.

Also, the new 'buy parts for your planes' system feels like either an excuse to nerf everyone or a way to try and hide some planes getting nerfed without people noticing and bitching about it.

The maxed stats are currently what appear if you go to buy a plane on the research tree (that you don't own, if you own it the tool-tip shows what your plane is currently at).  In a way I guess they nerfed all the planes to make them feel used, but besides the noted changes you can upgrade your plane to exactly where it was before the changes.

The silver lions cost on upgrades I'm pretty sure is never going to hold you back.  The per plane experience requirement will be what slows it down.  And that's where the golden eagles come in cause you can skip the experience requirements to get them.  I've never kept one plane long enough to unlock everything; if I did it would take a while...  A lot of people will pay those for a plane they really like.  Which I'm ok with; its a free to play game and they have to make money somehow.

Anyway; having a ball playing this game with a ton of people from DFC.  Also if you haven't tried the co-op campaigns or historical missions they are pretty fun with some friends.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 09, 2013, 08:30:10 am »

How do you guys meet up to play this together? Been trying to get in on some sweet multiplayer goodness with B12 people but I'm not having any luck :(

Also, does voice chat work?

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 09, 2013, 08:45:27 am »

The best way of playing 'together' is to have you and those you want to play with join a chat group - and then you all press 'ready' and the group leader goes ahead and starts the server join.

Me and a friend of mine have been playing it recently and it's super addictive.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 09, 2013, 02:17:43 pm »

How do you guys meet up to play this together? Been trying to get in on some sweet multiplayer goodness with B12 people but I'm not having any luck :(

I Messaged you about 30 minutes ago, you totally ignored me and broke my little pilot heart.

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 09, 2013, 03:40:45 pm »

I knew it had to happen at some point, and today it finally did.

Enemy A-20 thought it would be a good idea to switch to gunner view to get rid of me. 5 seconds later he crashed into a mountain with 600 km/h. I hadn't even fired at him yet.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 09, 2013, 04:03:33 pm »

I've actually fully upgraded my A-20, but it's not quite as much of a twisty turny terror as it used to be, so they probably took it down a notch.

Still pretty good, though.
Nothing important here, move along.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 09, 2013, 05:55:32 pm »

I Messaged you about 30 minutes ago, you totally ignored me and broke my little pilot heart.

Sorry man, just got surgery yesterday which probably does not help the fact that I always forget to check the top icons, including the chat thingie. Something really should pop out more obviously. Sorry about that :(

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 10, 2013, 04:58:05 am »

My god, the aircobra is my new favourite aircraft. It's amazing!
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 10, 2013, 04:59:04 am »

And you can get two of them :D

The Japanese have a Ki-45 that also has one of the big 37mm cannons, but it only has that plus one 20mm cannon. They both run out of ammo super quickly, so it's kinda meh :\

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 10, 2013, 05:02:40 am »

Oh yes, you guys gonna be on tomorrow? I want some epic flights with B12ers! Timezones are gonna be difficult, though. Message me if you're on at the same time as me. Same name as forum.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 10, 2013, 05:04:32 am »

I think I've got you added. I'll try to check if you're online whenever I'm on. I'm GMT. I also launch it through Steam, which means you can also find me there even if I'm not in-game.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 10, 2013, 05:06:56 am »

I think I've got you added. I'll try to check if you're online whenever I'm on. I'm GMT. I also launch it through Steam, which means you can also find me there even if I'm not in-game.
Got ya. See ya tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 163