Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 211116 times)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #180 on: July 08, 2013, 05:46:53 pm »

In my experience the americans dont have any good energy fighters until the corsair, before that they use to have decent top speed and avarage turn rate, but the climbing its sub par to say the least.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 08, 2013, 09:56:11 pm »

I'm pretty sure they don't, but I still want to be sure, because the game isn't entirely clear: Do the gunner skills affect the pilot of a single-seat aircraft? In other words, is there any reason to put points into gunner accuracy for one of your fighter crews?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 08, 2013, 10:05:27 pm »

I'm pretty sure they don't, but I still want to be sure, because the game isn't entirely clear: Do the gunner skills affect the pilot of a single-seat aircraft? In other words, is there any reason to put points into gunner accuracy for one of your fighter crews?
I'm pretty sure it doesn't, and I made that mistake early on. I put like, fifteen points into gunner accuracy for a fighter plane like an idiot. I think the only stat that REALLY matters is the g-force training for your pilot.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 08, 2013, 10:16:08 pm »

Forget about the gunner tab with your fighter planes, if you are thinking about staying in arcade focus on reload speed, if you plan on going to historical battles eventually stay on the first tab.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 08, 2013, 10:19:04 pm »

The vision stats become a big boon for historical gameplay, since they allow you to see the enemy planes light up from further away. However, they're useless in arcade, where you already see at maximum ability anyway, and full real battles, which don't give you a light up in the first place.

Gunner stats have no effect on anything directly controlled by the player, including the gunners themselves if you choose to operate them manually. I've shot down several enemy craft in my Catalina by switching to control of my gunners.
Nothing important here, move along.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 08, 2013, 11:49:39 pm »

I noticed. Was just ripping up an empty flank in my Beaufort and three fighters responded. I waited until they were all close on my tail, set a straight course, switched to my gunner, and mowed them down in about four seconds.  :P

As for the points, I suppose it's good that I've been chucking most of them into G-force resist, then.

3. Run Resize Enable

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 09, 2013, 03:32:05 am »

Gunner stats can be a cheap way to get a few extra levels to get you up to your qualification requirement though so you can get expert in a plane.

When your pilot stats might be 10-25 per level, your gunner stats might still be down in the 2-5 per level range.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 09, 2013, 03:51:45 am »

Gunner stats can be a cheap way to get a few extra levels to get you up to your qualification requirement though so you can get expert in a plane.

When your pilot stats might be 10-25 per level, your gunner stats might still be down in the 2-5 per level range.

Was about to say this you ninja!

Also, does cash reward depend on tiers??
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 09, 2013, 05:13:24 am »

Repair speed and rank is a good way to save some lions. If your repair rank is higher or equal plane rank, repair speed skill speeds up repairs of the plane assigned to this crew in garage. Never use auto-repair option - even going through half the repair time is cutting repair costs.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 07:10:25 am by lastverb »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 09, 2013, 07:59:44 am »

Was about to say this you ninja!

Also, does cash reward depend on tiers??

Depends on the plane, which is sort of losely based on tier. In each plane's stat window, when you hover your mouse over them, it should have a percentage which tells you how much of a reward you get relative to other planes. The reserve planes get you next to nothing to start with. But even two different planes of  somewhat equal tier won't always get anywhere near the same reward. It's also based on game mode. Arcade gets the least and full real battles get the most, while historical battles get somewhere in between, but usually much closer to the full real battle side.

Example. US tree: Tier 5 TBF gets 100% reward in arcade. Tier 5 A-20 gets 90%.  Tier 5 F4F gets 70% Tier 6 Airacobra gets 50%
Notable difference in the German tree: Ju 87 G-1 with the dual 37mm cannons gets 140% reward while the G-2, an identical plane (except it carries a double ammo load for the cannons) only gets 90%. Me-410s with the 50mm cannon also gets an amazing 150% while the other 410s are between 70-100%

This seems to be their primary way of "tweaking" the economy and trying to get the lesser used planes to be more attractive. Premium planes tend to, but don't always have double the reward of their researchable counterparts.

Scale doesn't stop at 100% either, but doesn't seem to go past 150%, except in the cases of premium planes where the base reward is above 75%.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 08:08:54 am by sluissa »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 09, 2013, 12:04:47 pm »

So. I've just revised my opinion of early American fighters, thanks to a match I just had.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note that I got that level of income in Arcade mode. You might ask what I was in:

Yeah. Thach's Buffalo. I wasn't up against a bunch of biplanes, either; I was going toe to toe with Spitfires, LaGG-3-35s, A6M2-Ns, and Kittyhawks. I only took a tiny bit of damage to my tail, and that was from AAA towards the end of the mission when we were cleaning up. I mean, hot damn that got me pumped. It also certainly shows the value of upgrading your ammo load, as I was running with the ground target belt for the 12.7mm and the stealth belt for the 7.62mm.

3. Run Resize Enable

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 09, 2013, 04:56:34 pm »

I dont know if they got fixed, i asume they did becouse its been a long time since i see a buffalo on historical, but they used to be super over powered, regarded as many as the worst plane in WW2 the buffalo was flying on par with some 109, corsairs etc. a rank 1/2 plane that could perform and outperform sometimes rank 9 aircraft.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 09, 2013, 05:24:54 pm »

There's no way a Buffalo could outperform another fighter. They move slow, turn slow (though faster than other early American fighters), and fly low, and their only advantage is they all carry at least one .50 caliber, which gives them just enough hitting power to not be utterly unusable.
Nothing important here, move along.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 09, 2013, 05:32:18 pm »

Yeah, I managed to do that well because I had a high-efficiency ammo load and was able to repeatedly stoop on low-flying fighters who were already busy with my teammates; most of the kills were done with less than three seconds of firing (pilot hits, fires, broken flaps while near mountainsides, etc.). It's sometimes nice being outwardly insignificant.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 09, 2013, 06:35:42 pm »

Then it got fixed, it used to out turn 109Fs and Gs, and out climb them, so yeah. Its armament was preatty bad but you dont need armament when your plane is an UFO.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 163