Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 211131 times)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2013, 11:46:20 am »

Also maybe changing server to "Any aviable" is a good idea, you could be stuck with a russian server but at least in my experience that latency its totally manageable. I usually play that way and im never in queue for more than 30 secs.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2013, 02:08:03 pm »

I finally broke out my old joystick to try it out but I'm running into the same problem I've always had, lateral aiming.  For some reason when I use a joystick I always end up just barely to the left or right of my target and I can't for the life of me center them over the crosshair for more than a split second.
Shoes...

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2013, 02:29:26 pm »

And that's why you get a joystick with a twist axis, or rudder pedals. Those usually allow you to do slight lateral movements, and are also used during a turn to reduce drag and make the plane turn faster.

Alternatively, I guess you can try mapping the rudder to Z and X or something? Or even some joystick buttons?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2013, 06:17:29 pm »

I do have rudder controls on my joystick, but using them just gets my plane jerking around and fighting me.
Shoes...

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2013, 06:40:52 pm »

There are some smoothness options, I think. Rudder input needs to be very, very fine, otherwise the plane will start yawing around everywhere and then you're just down to spray&pray ;)

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2013, 07:45:18 am »

I just started playing yesterday and have a simple question - how do I change my nation?
Feeling down? Click Here!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2013, 04:18:11 pm »

Down where you see your planes there'll be little tabs to either side at the edge of the screen, click on the one with the flag you want.  You have to gain a few levels to unlock the rest of the nations, at first you're stuck with the one you started.

It shouldn't take more than a few games, if you started yesterday you might have already unlocked them.

Decided to start on Japan for playing in arcade mode.  God damn, I love these planes.  Beyond just the physics of it I feel like the BnZ hit and run gameplay of the Germans isn't really suited to how fast paced arcade is.  Just had my first game with the Zero (the one with the float on the bottom) and tore shit up.  Red haze took over so bad I killed a teammate and didn't even realize it until I noticed my next target was the guy I thought I just killed.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 07:56:15 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2013, 08:10:41 pm »

LOL, a berserker on a plane i see, i think in arcade all that really matters is firepower, the tier 6 americans with their 37mm or the russians are usually really good there, germans only have 1x20mm until level 11 wich is not stelar on arcade.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2013, 08:15:27 pm »

I usually play exclusively soviet and japanese planes, but after getting to about tier six with the soviets and being very disappointed with how they play in most modes, and along with getting a tad bit tired of Japanese planes, I decided to try out British planes. Holy fuck, as soon as I got the first Hurricane I instantly fell in love. Now I have the Mk II and the Spitfire, and these things are amazing. I feel sort of cheap being able to get up behind someone and spray them with twelve machineguns at once, but it balances out since it seems the maneuverability of them isn't particularly amazing. They're pretty tough too, since I've managed multiple times to stay alive and get kills with multiple holes in my wings amongst other damage.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2013, 10:01:38 pm »

had an interesting experience...person rams me with a fighter while i was in a bomber, my wing gets damaged and loses that side's control(reduced turning and a bit of random spinning afterwards) and his wing fell off completely then asked how was i still alive ::)
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2013, 10:27:59 pm »

Does anyone know how you can buy a second plane of the same type?

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2013, 10:29:53 pm »

Does anyone know how you can buy a second plane of the same type?

You can't but sometimes there are multiple variants of the same planes that you can buy and assign crew to separately.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2013, 10:30:16 pm »

You /can/ actually.

It's in the same window where you get a new engine or polished fuselage and stuff like that, basically makes it so that if you get shot down you can select the plane again, but it costs gold so you might not want to get it unless you're planning on sticking with the plane for a long time.

It may not be available on some planes, as well.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 10:32:46 pm by TheBronzePickle »
Nothing important here, move along.

guitarxe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2013, 10:48:32 pm »

This makes no sense... if the plane gets shot down I can't use it in that match any more, but I can't have more than one of the same plane?

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 05, 2013, 11:26:49 pm »

I don't like it either, but I guess it makes it a challenge to keep the plane you want to be flying flying instead of being sacrificial with it.

Of course, to that end you might consider your other planes more expendable as long as you have the 'good' plane to fall back on.
Nothing important here, move along.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 163