Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210644 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #915 on: January 14, 2014, 07:30:49 am »

But at tier 2 you should have a 20mm cannon, or rockets, or lots of MG's.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: January 14, 2014, 09:42:02 am »

I can't believe they increased some of the RP prices... it certainly wasn't as bad at low tiers, but it was still a sloggy grind. And the less than 20% they moved everything else still isn't enough. I can only hope they intend to continue tweaking things, but honestly that RP increase for the low levels doesn't give me much hope.

Also yeah, hooray Yerspam. ... Gaijin, you're terrible at this whole managing an online game thing. You'd think you'd have learned a lesson or two from your past exploits which crashed and burned, but nope. History is repeating itself.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: January 14, 2014, 11:07:33 am »

•The amount of bombs needed to destroy the enemy base in all game modes increased in high level battles (solving the problem of bombers 'rushing' the base). Rewards for destroying the base increased correspondingly.
•RP requirements to unlock new rank III aircraft changed between +4% and -8%
•New option in the 'Game options - Interface' menu. Players can choose ammo and temperature to be displayed always.
•XP-50 moved from rank II to rank III, XP-55 moved from rank III to rank II
•77 aircraft have their Battle Rating changed, full list will be released later (you can always see the current Battle Rating of any aircraft in the Research menu)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 14, 2014, 03:48:12 pm »

Still no fix of researched non-bought planes  >:(

also can't join WT since this noon.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: January 16, 2014, 12:34:55 pm »

New Tanks! I can't wait for Ground Forces to finish testing and be released. But don't rush it, I don't want tons of bugs.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 16, 2014, 07:11:37 pm »

So, been flying my OP IL2 with Benny Hill music. Pretty legit.

Also the IL2 is pretty much a wonder plane. Once it takes a bit of damage to a wing it's turning becomes pretty bad, and it can't really climb.

Still this turnrate and the VyA-21's oh god. Russian easy mode.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 17, 2014, 07:51:26 am »

Still no fix of researched non-bought planes  >:(

also can't join WT since this noon.

There won't be a fix, you get a one time x4 for the first win with each nation that's it.

Not amused.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 23, 2014, 03:58:29 pm »

I just have to link this.
Sorry if someone did that earlier but i just can't stop myself from laughing.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: January 23, 2014, 06:27:27 pm »

The legend says sometimes if a japanese pilot choses wisely to be honourable, the gods will preserve him, for the pure soul of a warrior who decides to die is as unique as a lotus flower.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: January 24, 2014, 01:40:28 am »

Well, that floatplane event was pretty honorable...

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: January 24, 2014, 10:11:37 am »

I didn't get to play it much, but I was certainly impressed... good to see some completely silly events alongside the more historical ones

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 24, 2014, 12:22:26 pm »

It was awesome !

Also good rp and lions. Bought the ground attack Me202 with that.

It doesn't look THAT good, but I need it for the 50mm BK one.

Will probably get a duck somewhere. I think it'll be good at attacking other planes with the 30mm gun.

Also that sound of the 30mm is sexy  :o

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: February 03, 2014, 11:15:10 am »

So me and some friends just started playing this weekend for a LAN party.

Fun game, but I have some questions.

WTF is up with damage? Guys seem to midair collide with me, take my wing off, and walk away laughing from it. I can unload two belts of ammo on a guy, riddle him with bullets and he keeps flying. Meanwhile, one guy shoots me in the cockpit, tail or engine and I'm completely fucked.

Is this game P2W? Because it sure seems like premium accounts are simply harder to kill. Or are the differences in era frame durability, like, completely insane?

I mean, when I started solo with my era 1 biplane, I was tearing it up on the normal missions by myself. 4 and 5 kills, lots of ground targets ect....

As soon as I get an era 2 plane, I can't seem to kill shit and am getting effectively one-shotted by most people.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 11:20:51 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: February 03, 2014, 11:34:17 am »

-snip-

Damage is not based on a health system so you need to actually aim for a plane's critical point. If you and another plane collide, and that other plane has much stronger covering (armor/whatever) then it will survive the crash but you will not. Russian planes do this a lot.

When you are shooting at a plane, aiming at the lead indicator will usually get you hits on the fuselage wich won't kill a plane. To kill a plane faster, you have to aim a bit in front of the lead indicator for pilot, a bit to the side (or up/down if the plane is sideways) for wings, at the back for tail or different places depending where the plane's engine is (for fighters aim same as pilot, for bombers aim same as wings). Taking out any of these will quickly kill an enemy plane, much faster than hitting the fuselage.

The game is not P2W as it is still possible to upgrade your plane quickly and get new planes after some grinding, though paying does increase the speed. After a good round in one plane (for me that is 3-4 kills but some people get a lot more) you should be able to unlock at least one new component from research.

I had the same problem as you when it came to going from 1 Tier to the next. In my first ever game, I got 10 kills. For a long time after, I was lucky to even get one. I can still do well at low Tier games, but not anything in Tier 2. When you upgrade from one Tier to the next, don't immediatly put your new plane into a slot and start matchmaking again. Every plane has a battle rating that determines who you will be in a game with. The matchmaker uses the highest battle rating of a plane you have equiped (or whatever its called) so don't equip new planes until you have a few with the same, or slightly lower battle rating.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: February 03, 2014, 11:39:28 am »

Ok, that makes a little more sense.

So the basic way to play is, slum in a lower teir until the next higher tier is completely maxed out, then move on?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 03:55:14 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 163