Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210679 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #900 on: January 11, 2014, 06:19:34 am »

lol @ H6K4 with 2 1000kg bombs.

Also, that gunner nerf is getting ridiculous. I can barely kill planes with my H6K, even with the HE 20mm shells. I got one kill and one assist today out of 7 planes attacking me.

Need to get that elite crew asap.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: January 11, 2014, 08:43:27 am »

Elite crew doesn't affect manual controlled gunners (Maybe reload time, but I don't think gunners benefit from reload times) and upgrading Ai gunners isn't that good. In fact, I'm pretty sure they get somewhat worse as they improve.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: January 11, 2014, 10:47:50 am »

Well, today's mission was easy. I'd have had it done all in one battle if I hadn't accidentally thrown a tier 1 Lagg into my lineup without realizing it, so 2 of my kills didn't count.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: January 13, 2014, 02:25:30 pm »

So by doing the missions people got rewarded with special aircraft... a russian heavy bomber with 190 kph as its max speed.
It might be suprisingly hard to stay on its tail because of the speed... also i wonder how resiliant it will be...
Oh and it supposedly carries a landing strip big enough for a single I-16.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: January 13, 2014, 02:31:42 pm »

so i just bought an IL2 with today's event.

and holy fuck it's BRUTAL MURDER PLANE, far more than the Fw I bought sometime before.. And that's without the rockets.

Chaika has nothing on the IL2.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 02:33:51 pm by Naryar »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: January 13, 2014, 03:10:39 pm »

So by doing the missions people got rewarded with special aircraft... a russian heavy bomber with 190 kph as its max speed.
It might be suprisingly hard to stay on its tail because of the speed... also i wonder how resiliant it will be...

Historically it had several loadouts ranging from standard bomber to trandsport to even long range carrier plane for smaller parasite aircraft. I've seen confirmed at least it could carry 3 I-15s or 2 I-16s, although I'm sure other configurations were attempted as well. I haven't actually checked it out yet but I doubt it'll actually have that ability in War Thunder. I'm just expecting a large, slow and under equipped bomber that looks kinda cool. The XF5F interests me more.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: January 13, 2014, 03:19:38 pm »

Historically it had several loadouts ranging from standard bomber to trandsport to even long range carrier plane for smaller parasite aircraft. I've seen confirmed at least it could carry 3 I-15s or 2 I-16s, although I'm sure other configurations were attempted as well. I haven't actually checked it out yet but I doubt it'll actually have that ability in War Thunder. I'm just expecting a large, slow and under equipped bomber that looks kinda cool. The XF5F interests me more.

Knowing russian balancing teams i wouldn't be suprised if russian planes could land on it and get rearmed/repaired.
Self promotion below.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: January 13, 2014, 03:57:23 pm »

Well, the new Russian plane could be a gamebreaker or useless, depending on the implementation. I takes a full minute to turn, but it has the same payload as the Yer-2. If it can basebomb, we might be in some trouble.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: January 13, 2014, 05:44:56 pm »

We have a thread for this? Awesome. I mostly fly British planes. On the topic of overpowered planes I often find myself muttering about "goddamn LaGG flying bastards," but maybe that's just me.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #909 on: January 13, 2014, 05:51:26 pm »

Was looking forward to playing more of this with B12, but my old IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 squadron appears to be getting back together, flying formation, taking out carriers and crashing into them while trying to land, so I've gone back to that. If anyone is interested in a more hardcore, realistic game with ... much less fancier graphics but more teamplay, shoot me a PM :) This is a group that will likely transition into Star Citizen once that comes out, and is doing other things too. But hey, more TBM Avengers is more better!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: January 13, 2014, 08:48:06 pm »

We have a thread for this? Awesome. I mostly fly British planes. On the topic of overpowered planes I often find myself muttering about "goddamn LaGG flying bastards," but maybe that's just me.

It's the ShVAK.

But LaGG's are gentle lovers compared to the YAK9. GRR.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: January 14, 2014, 05:12:09 am »

Anyway, new update. Pilot knockout has been tremendously reduced.

• Pilots’ and gunners’ damage area is reduced for all planes. The shape of damage area is now close to average man’s shape. Chance to knock the pilot or gunner out is reduced: from the side by 40-50%, from the front and from the rear by 10-15%, from above and from below - by 20-30%.

But also:

• RP requirements changed to unlock new aircraft:

1st rank - amount of RP needed is increased by 0-14%

2nd rank - amount of RP needed is increased by 3-10%

3rd rank - amount of RP needed is reduced by 0-16%

4th rank - amount of RP needed is reduced by 14-20%

5th rank - amount of RP needed is reduced by 20%
• RP reward reduced for destroying ground targets for bombers
• RP rewards in Realisctic and Simulator Battles all increased by 20%
Wut.  You're further encouraging people to go airfield farming.

Anyway, ground target money income has been buffed, however.

Edit : Base bombing has been turned off, as well. There appears to be a significant bug were base bombing is considered friendly fire.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:21:13 am by 10ebbor10 »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: January 14, 2014, 05:21:08 am »

So RP for researching tier 1 and 2 aircraft got bumped upwards?
Well good thing i researched all but one tier 2 plane i wanted anyway.

Also yay for even more indestructible beufighters... those things in tier 2 games were barely killable by most planes and that's mostly by hitting the pilot... and now hitting him is even harder than before.
Self promotion below.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: January 14, 2014, 06:27:09 am »

Also yay for even more indestructible beufighters... those things in tier 2 games were barely killable by most planes and that's mostly by hitting the pilot... and now hitting him is even harder than before.

I dunno, overpowered beaufighters are good for training situational awareness, I guess ?

also, get on a beaufighter's tail, he can't do anything.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: January 14, 2014, 07:17:15 am »

I dunno, overpowered beaufighters are good for training situational awareness, I guess ?

also, get on a beaufighter's tail, he can't do anything.

That's parto f the problem. They can't do much but unless you are sporting a 20+ mm cannnon or fly a russian plane (i swear there is something wrong with their incenirady MG ammo since everything i hit with those bursts into flame almost immediately) neither can you.
The best you can hope for is destroying his tail controls and flaps or setting BOTH (one ain't enough) engines on fire to make him crash after several mminutes of gliding.

Or of course you can turn him into mush with an Aircobra but that's fighting OP with more OP.
Self promotion below.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 163