Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 211097 times)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #240 on: August 02, 2013, 11:12:04 am »

It costs stuff to make a squadron? :o :'(

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 02, 2013, 11:13:27 am »

It costs stuff to make a squadron? :o :'(
A squadron is more like a clan IIRC. If you mean " Let's fly in a temporary group" then that's free.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 03, 2013, 09:57:54 am »

Pe-3/E = pre-nerf Beaufighter

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 03, 2013, 09:58:19 am »

all my yes.
Black lives matter.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 03, 2013, 10:53:13 am »

I just unlocked the P-39 and am starting to get low on credits. Can't get the F6F right now...

Anyway, the P-39 is CRAZY. I got the two P-39 variants and with them essentially destroyed 6 heavy fighters/bombers, including Beaufighters and Ju-88s. The cannon on that thing is just crazy! It's great for defence. You whittle out the enemy's ability to attack your ground troops with bombers!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 05, 2013, 07:30:39 pm »

Hm, the event today brought something interesting to my attention. Apparently the "invite a friend" system in WT gives 50 eagles to anyone who creates an account through someone's invite link, while the player whose link is used doesn't get anything unless an invitee reaches certain ranks.

Just in case anyone reading this has yet to register, here's a link: http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=2827492

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 07, 2013, 12:16:47 pm »

Anyone thinking of playing war thunder new or returning, the new patch has caused quite a bit of havoc. For me, at least, doing almost anything in the hangar screen drops my frames down to the decimal range. In game it's not that bad, but they've messed with the damage models yet again, and it seems like nearly every hit is a critical this time around.

Give them a bit to iron out the fallout from this major patch before you write it off completely. For me, at the moment, it's nearly unplayable, but I feel like that should change in the coming weeks...

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 08, 2013, 08:49:59 am »

If anyone needs a Bay12 wingman, just invite me. Name's Dohon. I'm a fighter/attack fighter pilot. Divebombing too, but not a fan of flying the dedicated bombing platforms. I prefer to get close and rough things up instead of peering through a bomb scope.

I also love flying the Stuka's, despite them being slow and prone to snapping a wing if the enemy so much as sneezes at me.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 08, 2013, 08:58:05 am »

Jsut started, any advice for a n00b?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 08, 2013, 09:01:33 am »

Jsut started, any advice for a n00b?
Stay high. Dive on unsuspecting targets. Understand the strength and weakness of every plane. If someone is separated, attack them. Don't go for bombers if you are weakly armed. Have fun.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 08, 2013, 01:36:57 pm »

Game just got the new update, and got a little more complicated :(

Also, too much stuff we need to buy (with non-real-cash credits), but still. Feels like a little extra step towards having to spend more of those credits so progress is a wee bit slower. Still, can't blame them for needing a little eventual cash for a free game :)

Just play arcade games, and slowly start looking at the planes and figuring out their stats. You'll get to know the names, and which are better suited for your shooting pleasure :) Pick one nation for now and level it a bit. Getting better planes is great. I love the P-39 for instance, or something with some nice cannons (A6M-2N Rufe is a nice Japanese plane, but you won't get anything much better for a bit).

Anyways... I guess you'd just play for a bit and try to have fun while you figure it out.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 08, 2013, 03:10:38 pm »

Well it depends a lot, in arcade id say you need almost no time to have fun, at least with some kind of thinking involved, in historical you need some sort of tactics knowledge as a bare minimum. I for example im a shitty flight sim pilot but i played il2 and other sims before, that experience alone puts me over most players in arcade i can usually kill 7 planes for each of mine if playing serious and around 2 for 1 of mine in arcade. Basically a little knowledge and experience go a LONG way here, lots of players just aproach this as CoD so very little can make a big diference.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 08, 2013, 03:33:44 pm »

You can level pretty fast, and you'll always have a couple of new planes each time you level a particular nation, so that's cool. Also, each plane can be equipped with more and more stuff, the more you fly it. So basically there's the nation levelling as well as the plane levelling :)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 08, 2013, 03:39:37 pm »

Okay... I've reached USSR level 2, so I'm now fighting on other maps. Including one terrible alpine , foggy map, where all my plane jsut crash in the cliff that suddently materialize 20 yards away.

Sniff...

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 08, 2013, 04:02:03 pm »

Weather is randomized so it doesnt depend on the map, each map can have any weather.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 163