Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210692 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #2190 on: March 24, 2015, 01:31:35 pm »

I dunno, I tend to enjoy myself flying RB bombers. It helps if your team is somewhat competent and provides cover, but really, bombers don't die that fast.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: March 24, 2015, 03:58:24 pm »

I tend to enjoy myself flying RB bombers.

What's your secret ?

bombers don't die that fast.

True, bombers die less quickly than in arcade, but even then if RB is flying 5 minutes in a straight line for 1 minute of fun, then RB bombers is flying 10 minutes in a straight line (well mostly straight) for 30 secs of fun.

varsovie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: March 25, 2015, 05:24:49 am »

Problem is how damage is a little "random". I got 1 shot once by AA after 10minutes straight flight...

IMHO it depends of the bombers, fighter-bombers are quite fun (except the PE3) since you can straff vehicles then Z/B fighters or try intercept their bombers.
Light and early tier bombers aren't worth shit. Either too slow or too frail, you fly, get shot die, if you manage to reach your target you don't do shit to it with your limited payload.
Medium and heavy bombers can be fun, either play safe and "flying fortress" style, sometime sooting down enemy planes, spotting them for your allies and nearly always at least destroying one objective.
Or for mediums dive up, cut the crap inbound time to less than 5 minutes, blow your target can come back to base at tree level often before enemy fighters can get in sight and have enough time for a second run. :D
I mostly play bombers in arcade, at least until I unlock the decent payloads, it's fun to dogfight with them. I wish it was possible to use front turret in "fly" mode at least as forward mg.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: March 26, 2015, 12:37:42 pm »

I dunno, I tend to enjoy myself flying RB bombers. It helps if your team is somewhat competent and provides cover, but really, bombers don't die that fast.

Just so long as you don't fly Jelly Wellies, then you're fucked no matter what.

Light and early tier bombers aren't worth shit. Either too slow or too frail, you fly, get shot die, if you manage to reach your target you don't do shit to it with your limited payload.
Medium and heavy bombers can be fun, either play safe and "flying fortress" style, sometime sooting down enemy planes, spotting them for your allies and nearly always at least destroying one objective.

U wot m80? The Blenheim is hilariously awesome. I consistently am almost first in my team just from air kills in it.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: March 26, 2015, 01:41:47 pm »

just got a blenheim, time to test it

edit : omfg stalinwood

The Su's and BB-1's are good in arcade.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 02:24:34 pm by Naryar »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: March 26, 2015, 08:15:48 pm »

double post.

So I just flew my Yak-9T in arcade. It's disgustingly overpowered, even more than the cobras.

You just approach people, fire when you are close (and you are both fast and agile so it's not hard) and planes just disintegrate. You don't need a lot of shots either with decent trigger discipline either. And it doesn't have 30mm/50mm German sparkles, oh no !

And then you find another target.

You are harmless when you reload however (but it's normal) and the only disadvantage of this plane is the longer-than-usual reload time.

A bit of trigger discipline and standard pilot skills is all you need for this plane. And it was mostly a STOCK plane. Never done that well in a stock plane.

Chaikas, Ishaks and Buffalos feel like normal planes compared to this thing...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 08:17:47 pm by Naryar »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: March 26, 2015, 09:12:08 pm »

If you want some extra mileage out of it you can also load AP ammo into it and destroy tanks and (light) bunkers.

I think they nerfed it's antitank capabilities. I remember it being able to wreck medium tanks from the sides and heavies from the rear but last time i tried it medium tanks seemed resistant to side shots... so heavies might have became immune.

Oh and don't worry about the loss of anti aircraft ability with AP shells. The gun is accurate and powerful enough to destroy fighters with a single shot anyway.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: March 26, 2015, 11:10:20 pm »

The grindstone for russians, up until you reach jets: Arcade 9t/k at bomber height. It doesn't even get boring, too, as you just feel so awesome tearing off wings and tails in one shot.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: March 27, 2015, 07:29:05 am »

Let the rage begin!!

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: March 27, 2015, 12:39:26 pm »

U wot m80? The Blenheim is hilariously awesome. I consistently am almost first in my team just from air kills in it.

The Blenheim is no bomber, it is a top secret british superfighter.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: March 27, 2015, 01:06:19 pm »

actually I feel like the beaufort is more of a superfighter than the blenheim with these 50cals.

but i must first get it. won't be long.

edit : alright, beaufort with 2 50cals on the front, time to dogfight people. will post my impressions here.

Edit 2 : It's not merely stalinwood, it's stalin steel :O
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 06:32:07 am by Naryar »

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: March 30, 2015, 11:33:42 am »

I told you. I love that fucking thing.

actually I feel like the beaufort is more of a superfighter than the blenheim with these 50cals.

but i must first get it. won't be long.

edit : alright, beaufort with 2 50cals on the front, time to dogfight people. will post my impressions here.

Edit 2 : It's not merely stalinwood, it's stalin steel :O

I find the limited traverse on them makes it not worth it, compared to the Blenheim.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: March 31, 2015, 07:52:36 pm »

Today I got both the Fw190 A8, the Ki-43-III Hayabusa AND the 4000kg load for the dornier.

It is a good day.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: April 01, 2015, 08:36:53 am »

Gaijin is taking quite a stab at World of tanks with it's april fools event.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: April 01, 2015, 09:58:27 am »

Mechwarrior Thunder = FUCK YES. Don't care if it is unrealistic.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 163