Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210875 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #1965 on: February 13, 2015, 02:22:00 pm »

I'd say the Kittyhawk, mostly because the Hellcat flies better and has slightly better armament.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: February 14, 2015, 04:33:13 am »

Buy all the money slots. You can get enough of those to deal with almost every tech line.
This.

You can put in a much more varied line-up with those 2 additional slots.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: February 14, 2015, 05:22:42 am »

Buy all the money slots. You can get enough of those to deal with almost every tech line.
I would have to recommend this as well. Having extra slots not only means that you will be able to use a more varied group of planes, but you will also be able to play a larger role in each game due to more respawns.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: February 14, 2015, 07:34:18 am »

So... can anyone explain me why the Tiger 1 gets the same BR as the Panther that was planned and constructed years after the tiger and gets better armor a better gun and of course much better mobility as a result.

The only downsides are the lower side armor thats largely inconsequential since the 122 mm guns it sees penetrate it anywhere anyway.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: February 14, 2015, 08:01:50 am »

So... can anyone explain me why the Tiger 1 gets the same BR as the Panther that was planned and constructed years after the tiger and gets better armor a better gun and of course much better mobility as a result.

The only downsides are the lower side armor thats largely inconsequential since the 122 mm guns it sees penetrate it anywhere anyway.

I cant, but the Tiger does have a bit better overall armor when angled(the sides are very thick). Notice that the Panther also gets artillery strike while the Tiger doesnt, and 2 spawns in simulation mode.

To me, the 122 mm guns(IS-2 at BR 6.0 and the others) arent the problem. Sherman Jumbo with 76 mm that sits at the same BR of 5.7 with its high pen ammo and especially the Bulldog at 6.0 are. That Jumbo is much more resilient to fire(frontally nearly immune to Tiger at all ranges) and has 2 spawns in simulation mode while sporting the 76 mm gun with high pen shells and very fast rate of fire and turret traverse for brawling, while Bulldog is ridiculously fast and has even more ridiculous sabot shells that can pen both Tiger and Panther if there just is a line of sight(and I'm not exaggerating much).

I consistently see Jumbo 76 players rack up 4-6 kills for every death and they can just recklessly attack across open and challenge people to duels. They get away with it because they only have one hard to hit weak spot and hitting that often just kills the radio man any way.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: February 14, 2015, 11:00:16 am »

Yeah but they plan to shuffle tiger br around, placing the current lower and introducing a 5.7 tiger with acpr

Fighting jumbos is a bit silly now, they are hard to pen even from sides.

I only bring out the tiger in a good squad now, being in two makes up for being underpowered and the slow turret traverse. When alone, panther.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: February 14, 2015, 12:20:15 pm »

Thing is having APCR only makes it adequate at best. It's still a very fragile platform everyone at its BR penetrates without much of a fuss.

The germans would really benefit from having a tiger P in its place... then again the turret would still get penned by almost everyone from all sides... so no idea how the german tier 3 can work at BR 5.7
Self promotion below.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: February 14, 2015, 12:26:34 pm »

The Maus should be knocking all the Tigers down a bit on the BR scale.

I'm still massively angry that they haven't outright scrapped the BR system yet. At least in its current iteration, the vehicles that can end up fighting each other can end up being vastly mismatched. This goes for both tanks and planes.
Nothing important here, move along.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: February 14, 2015, 12:28:18 pm »

What do you suggest they replace it with?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: February 14, 2015, 12:35:13 pm »

They specifically promised that they were going to replace the BR system with a table system, where each vehicle had a specific list of other vehicles they could be matched up with. It was a lot more specific than the BR system.

It was supposed to go in back in 1.43. I guess they scrapped the idea.
Nothing important here, move along.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: February 14, 2015, 12:43:24 pm »

Or postponed it for whatever reason...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: February 14, 2015, 12:50:37 pm »

The BR system is not bad by itself. Problems start when vehicles with similar BR differ vastly in performance while serving more or less the same role.

The closst thing i could find that matched semi favourbly with hte tiger was IS-1 but even the the IS-1 was just... better.
Better at just about everything as it has a similar gun similar pen faster reload ETC... and APCR ammo on top.
 A tiger with APCR at BR 5.7 will still be a gimped IS-1 as IS gets the better armor and has a very similar gun while being pretty similar mobility wise.

Then you have horrors like that Jumbo sherman with 190 pen with HVAP ammo armored better than the tiger while having a gun capable of penetrating tigers front even when angled witout breaking a sweat at 1500 meters.

The system is good it's the weight given to certain tanks that has to be tweaked.
Self promotion below.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: February 14, 2015, 05:16:09 pm »

Drunk Thunder Mode ! We will see how things happen !

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: February 14, 2015, 05:44:58 pm »

Drunk thunder is going well, speaking a lot, just unlocked 50mm blets for Me410A1/U4

feels good tnow to unlock fkf fthe dual pod guns for Bf109

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: February 16, 2015, 07:07:40 pm »

I met the Tiger today. Someone needs to get then to work on semi-realistic distribution of vehicle designs in games.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 163