Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210867 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #1620 on: November 08, 2014, 02:34:37 pm »

Ju87 D5 still is the funniest plane. Everyone underestimates you or sees you as a target, and you kill people with the 2x 20mm with mine shells.

You have a very good bombload (better in arcade), you turn like a mofo and can outmanoeuver nearly any plane at your tier (possible exception: Spitfires, Zeros), and you start very high.

Only issues with this plane is that it's slow and climbs like shit.

IL2 is in the same troll boat. Except it's tougher and climbs worse. Also, rockets !

also there seems to be a hurricane event, more like biplane clubbing event...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: November 08, 2014, 02:54:24 pm »

I keep hearing htat, I haven't given it a try yet though.

So I got the A4.  I was expecting some nice balanced gameplay, flying an A5 but with a more sensible BR.  Then I got into a game and there was an He 112 on the runway and I realized I'd stumbled on something evil.

Shoes...

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: November 08, 2014, 02:56:48 pm »

I'm convinced the A4 is Gaijin's way of getting the Germans to stop bitching about unfair matchmaking.

"No, no, the Germans are fine! In fact, they're kind of undertiered, just look at the A4!"
Nothing important here, move along.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: November 08, 2014, 03:08:44 pm »

I haven't got the A4 but i'm pretty sure that BR difference from A4 and A5 is bullshit. (BR being bullshit, what's new?). All what it looks like is that the A4 has a less powerful motor.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: November 08, 2014, 05:53:36 pm »

Yeah.  The A4 is basically identical to the A5 but instead of fighting mustangs and bearcats it fights planes that have no hope of dealing with it.

I can't wait for the supposed BR removal for realistic battles.  It's a fucking mess.  You're either hopelessly outmatched or you club hopelessly outmatched enemies.
Shoes...

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: November 08, 2014, 06:34:04 pm »

Invariably, they're going to still screw it up horribly. But at least, if they do exactly what they said they're going to do, it'll open up the option for people to bitch a lot more specifically about what planes/tanks/eventually ships need to be moved where and why.
Nothing important here, move along.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: November 09, 2014, 04:46:13 am »

BR needs to be removed altogether, for all gamemodes, and they just need to limit aircraft fighting each other to the same tier.

If you have a tier II lineup, you fight tier II planes only
If you have a tier II lineup with a tier I plane, you still fight tier II planes
If you have a tier II lineup with a tier III plane and a tier I plane, you fight tier III planes

There. Simple, and no more bullshit about people clubbing.

And add tier 0 (reserves and weak biplanes) to stop He51's fighting hurricanes and stuff.

Sure, there will be some difficulty spikes when you climb up the tiers, but it is no different from what we have now and it is a good thing.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: November 09, 2014, 05:35:25 am »

That's not going to help, and in fact, is only going to make the situation worse.

Previously, the thing was that every plane/tank could be matched either above or below it's Battle Rating. With your system, you create a system were some planes will always be matched under their their rating (ie, those at the top of their tiers) and some will always be matched above their rating their rating.

A return to the old 20 tier system would be much more beneficial.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: November 09, 2014, 05:53:35 am »

I am really disappointed they removed tanks with planes in RFB.
Really pointless to play on Realistic battles since there is so many visual aids.
Just not happy. Maybe someday i get back to this but meanwhile.. i just wait and hope something good comes up :(

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: November 09, 2014, 10:00:24 am »

Just got the G-10.  My least favorite part of the game is still the stock grind.  "Hey, congrats on your new plane!  Let's make sure it sucks as much as possible for as long as possible so you're turned off from playing it forever."
Shoes...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: November 09, 2014, 10:07:20 am »

You mean the parts upgrade? I like it, I get my doses of new stuff like a meth addict getting more drugs. I'm even turned off from playing my fully-upgraded planes because I'm wasting all those nice part upgrade XPs. :p

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: November 09, 2014, 10:10:10 am »

You mean the parts upgrade? I like it, I get my doses of new stuff like a meth addict getting more drugs. I'm even turned off from playing my fully-upgraded planes because I'm wasting all those nice part upgrade XPs. :p
Yeah, it's a nice pavlovian mechanic to break up the grind, in smaller grinds.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: November 09, 2014, 10:44:09 am »

See, that's fucked up.  You want to play a shitty version of the thing you just unlocked because you like the idea of having your performance arbitrarily gated?
Shoes...

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: November 09, 2014, 11:28:50 am »

I am really disappointed they removed tanks with planes in RFB.
Really pointless to play on Realistic battles since there is so many visual aids.
Just not happy. Maybe someday i get back to this but meanwhile.. i just wait and hope something good comes up :(

??? You are aware planes in Tank RB absolutely ruined them, right?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: November 09, 2014, 11:38:46 am »

Yes i understand that. But removing them.. that i do not understand.
Why not keep it like was and only 1 spawn per player.
Sure it became a kamikaze game when you can switch to plane after tank get blown up like in RB and Arcade.

Just to clarify i'm talking about Simulator Battles.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 11:40:34 am by Imofexios »
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 163