Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210753 times)

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #1470 on: September 23, 2014, 11:58:54 am »

Yeah, it can get annoying when your guns get stuck/emptied faster than when you can do damage. Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the picture.
Speaking of which, somehow my British cannons love getting stuck at the worst possible moment. Then all I do is stick on my enemy's tail and keep them scared as hell... is that the right thing to do?

Of course, when it comes to reloading and if I have energy, I break off, but it's not always an option. So what should I do if I can't get safe distance and my guns can't shoot for some reason?
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: September 23, 2014, 12:02:59 pm »

How's your Weapon Maintenance crew skill? You might seriously want to consider investing in it, it has a pretty significant effect on how quickly your guns jam.

Until you get a few points in it, though, you should pay close attention to how quickly your guns heat up. Cannons heat incredibly quickly, to the point where a person with no Weapon Maintenance skill and a plane without upgraded 20mm's can have their guns jam after barely half a second of firing.
Nothing important here, move along.

Natti

• Bay Watcher
  • Gremlin lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: September 23, 2014, 12:09:37 pm »

You shouldn't fire longer bursts with any larger weapons anyways, though. It's always more accurate to let off short bursts at steady intervals. And one should always keep his convergence distance in mind when using wing-mounted weapons, such as the E1's machine guns.
+Amazigh (~Amazigh@poop.poop) Quit (Quit: Life is your butter, I shall be the margarine, beware heart disease.)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: September 23, 2014, 12:20:29 pm »

Personally I do long bursts.  Snap shots when there's high deflection or it's longer range, but when all the cards are in place I just hose the fucker down.
Shoes...

Natti

• Bay Watcher
  • Gremlin lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: September 23, 2014, 12:47:11 pm »

Heh, I'm just used to flying planes fitted with several autocannons in IL-2, where the recoil can be pretty brutal. I guess longer bursts work in WT, too.
+Amazigh (~Amazigh@poop.poop) Quit (Quit: Life is your butter, I shall be the margarine, beware heart disease.)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: September 23, 2014, 01:30:06 pm »

As for myself I figured I cannot fly a plane without some serious amount of dakka.

Especially MK103's.

And I fire in short bursts... well, unless I am on a plane's six or on a headon. I've had half of my firepower taken away because I was firing in long bursts. So no.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 01:36:49 pm by Naryar »

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: September 23, 2014, 02:09:34 pm »

Weapon Maintenance is your friend. It's under the same tab as the Repair stuff in your crew upgrades screen.

Just about 30 points is enough to double the amount of time you can fire guns before they overheat, at least from what I've seen. It's very useful even if you fire in bursts, because you can throw out bursts a little more often and hold them just a little bit longer, increasing your chances of catching whatever you're shooting at with a few bullets.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: September 23, 2014, 02:13:00 pm »

trust me I do get some points in weapon maintenance... although i spend more points in weapon reload generally.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 02:16:51 pm by Naryar »

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: September 23, 2014, 11:20:26 pm »

Personally I do long bursts.  Snap shots when there's high deflection or it's longer range, but when all the cards are in place I just hose the fucker down.

But muh British ammo constraints... However, when I take a Beau out, those "poor" bombers on Fukkaido just eat lead.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: September 24, 2014, 04:34:49 am »

Like I said, I usually play the German P-47.  Eight .50 BMGs, 100% API-T belts, come get some.

But I just uninstalled.  My new computer hardware will be here today and I'll be playing other things and I'm pretty mad at War Thunder right now.

It's still a pretty frustrating game as often as it's a fun one.  More forcedowns on my Emil, they're seriously like half the kills I get on it, this one I didn't actually get credit because I couldn't damage it with my lolguns.

Switched to America just to see how the cats are, they're wonderful but American players...  They were having a conversation about how bad the Mustang is.

How bad the Mustang is. 

So I went back to Germans and played my P-47 and there was a cloud and a spitfire I was chasing just lol'd right onto my tail and I realized I don't really have time to learn all the shit you need to know in order to do well at a game like this.
Shoes...

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: September 24, 2014, 10:06:27 am »

Keep in mind most American players are pretty much terrible pilots because the majority of American planes are well-rounded enough that they can usually outperform anything else they fight in some way... up until they get into late third and early fourth tier.

The Mustang is good, but it ends up fighting enemies that can actually match it in a fight, if not outperform it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: September 24, 2014, 12:39:03 pm »

Let's do some questioning.

What is, in your opinion :

- Most broken Plane
- Most OP nation
- Worst Nation
- Most OP plane
- Worst Plane

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: September 24, 2014, 01:03:37 pm »

Most broken plane: Any and every variant of the I-16 Ishak.
Most OP nation: Overall, I'd actually say that the nations are mostly balanced. At least, I personally suck at all of them to about an equal degree.
Worst nation: The Japanese, not because their planes suck but because Gaijin doesn't really pay much attention to them so they get less cool stuff.
Most OP plane: Once again, the Ishak.
Worst plane: Either of the two Peashooters that don't have the .50 cal. They're not very good energy fighters but they also can't dogfight with the biplanes at their tier. And they also sometimes face Ishaks.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: September 24, 2014, 01:10:03 pm »

I'll put it up a bit

Most broken Fighter
Anything with 4 hispanos, a.k.a. Spit or Tempest. In AB though.
Most broken Heavy Fighter
Beaufighter
Most broken Bomber
B-25
Most broken Attacker
IL-2
Most OP nation
Russia tier I, Britain tier II+
Worst Nation
No real idea, would say America though
Most Useless Plane
I can't choose between the P38 Lightning and the S79B
Worst Plane
Ki-10 son why are you ramming enemies in frustration
Worst Plane Implementation
Yak-9 (any version)

now for the GOOD awards !

Best BnZ
Fw190
Favorite Bomber
H6K4
Favorite Attacker
Hs129 B2
Coolest Plane
Me163 Komet (soon to be Ho225 Horten)
Most Underrated
Ju 87 D5
Favorite Heavy Fighter
Do217 N-1
Most All-Purpose
IL2
Greatest Heavy Fighter
Ki-102

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: September 24, 2014, 09:24:03 pm »

P38 useless? I love it! It is kind of a shitty P47, but its fun anyways.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 163