Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210554 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #1245 on: June 19, 2014, 01:45:46 am »

Also, B-17s. They live up to their nicknames, even when bombers are in a nerf phase.
Bombers are doing quite well at the moment. I mean, they buffed gunners recently, so you actually stand a chance to defend yourself.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: June 21, 2014, 06:24:45 pm »

I've already contacted Gaijin Technical Support about this issue, they haven't been able to help me. Basically the problem is, I go on a lobby, everything's fine, I go inside the game, and all of a sudden there's BAD NETWORK CONNECTION, I can't return to hangar, I can't leave the plane, I can't do anything basically, I can't type, nothing, it's not a freeze, I can move the plane just fine, but obviously it isn't multiplayer because it says BAD NETWORKC ONNECTION, so every other player is just flying straight. Here are things I have already tried:
I did allow War Thunder on the Firewall
I did allow War Thunder on the Antivirus
I did try to change servers, but none work.
Try creating a post in their forum/subreddit? Do you live on a country/have an ISP that might limit some functionality from your connection?
At first glance it does seem as a firewall or something like that, its strange.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: June 21, 2014, 08:21:09 pm »

I would recommend disabling your firewall and antivirus and then try

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: June 21, 2014, 11:09:05 pm »

Also, B-17s. They live up to their nicknames, even when bombers are in a nerf phase.
Bombers are doing quite well at the moment. I mean, they buffed gunners recently, so you actually stand a chance to defend yourself.

Unless you fly British bombers. My anus is still sore from the pounding it takes every time I get in a Wellington, regardless of that one awesome story I posted here earlier.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: June 21, 2014, 11:23:21 pm »

I've never had a problem with any bombers because I use the Thunderkraut.

Don't let anybody tell you 50s aren't bullshit.  They suck early on because you only get one or two and the belts are terrible.  P-47 has eight and you can get a belt that's full armor piercing incendiary.  One burst, right next to Engine 3, and that B-17 is toast.

I love it.  There's something really satisfying about getting an enemy as he's prop-hanging and just hosing him down until he's in pieces.
Shoes...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: June 28, 2014, 03:38:49 pm »

So have you guys seen the planned stuff that's been announced?

Some great stuff so far. For one, I'll have to start playing the damnable Japs now because of that sexy sexy J7W, it'll probably be T3-4 though, so that's gonna take a while.

And then come the Germans and it's just perfect, we get the freaking Pfeil and the Ho229!

I just can't figure out why the Pfeil is listed as a heavy fighter, sure it has two engines, but everything else is just your plain old fighter stuff.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: June 28, 2014, 04:01:20 pm »

And then the russians will get the K-7 listed as a dive bomber.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: June 28, 2014, 04:05:04 pm »

Shinden was my favorite plane to shoot down with a Bearcat in Aces over the Pacific: 1946

I just read the description for the Pfeil on Wikipedia and it was planned as a Heavy Fighter.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: June 29, 2014, 11:36:00 am »

And then come the Germans and it's just perfect, we get the freaking Pfeil and the Ho229!

Hells yes.

But knowing Gaijin they will both either be slow or have crap damage models.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: June 29, 2014, 11:49:09 am »

Pfeil 15 BR, Ho229 30 BR, new Arado 600 BR
Shoes...

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: June 29, 2014, 03:53:15 pm »

Hells yes.

But knowing Gaijin they will both either be slow or have crap damage models.
The rear engine will push the plane forward and the forward one will spin in reverse.
owever the propellar blades won't be synchronised with the guns so your first shots will destroy the front engine allowing the plane to fly forward.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: June 30, 2014, 03:26:14 am »

New Arado ? Which version ?

and the Ho229 is gonna be so awesome... not only 4 fucking MK103's but if gaijin goes realistic it will have rockets and bombs as well.

Also you will be able to fly and know the Murricans/ Britfags / Russian peasants will never have a plane that cool. Much taunting will ensue.

Same with the Pfeil.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: June 30, 2014, 03:47:21 am »

The Arado 243-C3. Look at the intro picture, everything in yellow is new. They only introduced the most awesome planes.

The Ho-229 is located in the night fighter tab, so don't get your hopes up for a huge bomb load.

On a side note, the Russians get the Tupolev-4 (Also known as the B-29) and the MBR-2.

Spoiler: Just look at it (click to show/hide)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: June 30, 2014, 03:56:01 am »

Still no S 23 Empire for the Brits though.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: July 03, 2014, 03:20:36 pm »

Got my first T4 plane!

And it's a Me410 with the 50mm!

So far the two games went as such:

Game one, arcade, notice a b17 and decide to test out the claims made by the plane info. Too bad a Yak9 noticed me too. So when I got close I faced him, prepared to blast him to pieces with my superior weaponry. My two shots missed. His didn't, he took my wing and that was that.

Game two, realistic, Stalingrad defence. Fly around a bit, notice a Yer-2 beelinging it for our base. Turns out he's afk but I follow him anyways since a free kill is a free kill, and what better way to test the gun then on it's intended target. I keep shooting the moment I get within 1km of him. Shots keep missing, by the time I get to some 600 meters I manage to score a hit which crits his tail and sends him barreling towards the ground. But not before his tailgunner kills my pilot.

Fun times.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 163