Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210531 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #1200 on: June 14, 2014, 09:04:11 am »

The floatplane event made me play again. Can someone explain the research system to me?

Also, mixed battles (ground and air) are in again.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: June 14, 2014, 11:20:50 am »

Research system: Doing things gets you Research Points, which are used to both research upgrades for your aircraft and a aircraft you select from the research tree.
Same for tanks.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: June 14, 2014, 11:31:34 am »

Are they the same RP? Can you research more than a plane? I have a fucking bajillions convertible points, those I worthless until I pay real money, right? Can you RP tanks with a plane, or vice-versa? What's does "this plane is better at research rank x aircraft" actually means?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: June 14, 2014, 11:33:58 am »

Same RP.
Yes, parts.
Well, they do give you some eagles, but mostly yes.
No.
I think it has a multiplier applied when R&Ding that with the particular aircraft.
Highly Opinionated Fool

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: June 14, 2014, 11:35:40 am »

Are they the same RP? Can you research more than a plane? I have a fucking bajillions convertible points, those I worthless until I pay real money, right? Can you RP tanks with a plane, or vice-versa? What's does "this plane is better at research rank x aircraft" actually means?
Tanks and planes use separate RP, you cant research tanks by flying. You can only have one reaserch at a time (one plane/one tank) per nation. Convertible points are useless. Most planes are good at researching the following plane (you will research slower if you are one flying the chaika and want to research the mig15)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: June 14, 2014, 11:43:20 am »

Let me explain it.

Module research points and plane research points are not the same. One unlocks modules, the other unlocks planes/tanks, and they're not interchangible. What Aseaheru means is that the amount of module RP you get is the same as the amount of Plane RP, before modifiers.

You can research only 1 tank or 1 plane at the same time. As the matchmaking uses the highest BR (battle Rating) amongst your planes, I suggest researching planes of equal battle rating and moving your way up.

Convertible (or free RP, as it was called a few updates ago, is useless.) Unless you convert it, you get nothing. ((Btw, don't convert them. If you want to spend Eagles, buy a premium plane or Talisman instead. More RP for your money)). Speaking of which, some (short) tutorials award you Golden Eagles (premium currency), so you should do those.

Now, I mentioned modifiers earlier. Mostly, these are ignorable. Using a Rank X plane means that you get 100% RP for Rank [X-1 to rank X+1] planes. For the next Rank difference, it's 90%, and afterwards I think only 50%. As such, try to limit the rank spread between your craft, and the one you're trying to research. Using the preferred research plane (Ie, the one in the rank below researches at 110%).

Also, you can't research planes by flying tanks or vice-versa, but the 2X daily bonus is shared. (So if you get a tank victory, the bonus is used up and you can't use it for a plane match)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: June 14, 2014, 12:00:45 pm »

Thanks.

I just had a derp moment when playing the Float event. My H6K just unlocked torpedoes, so I was eager to try them. I make a first pass, and launch a torpedo from relatively far away, since the cruisers aren't moving anyway. I then circle around, rearm, kill two more cruisers, then someone capture the A point. The Cruisers turn allies. At that moment, my very first torpedo hit. I was charged 6000 lions for friend kill.  :-\

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: June 14, 2014, 12:03:26 pm »

Ooh, thats amusing.

Hey Sheb, want to get in a squad?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: June 14, 2014, 12:16:55 pm »

I'm in the =Bay12= squad already. Is there another one?

Also, I just did a mission with the Stuka, but since I actually haven't unlocked it yet, it seems I lost the RP.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: June 14, 2014, 12:25:52 pm »

What mission? A test flight doesn't do anything (being just that, a test flight), and I wouldn't know where you would get the thing from otherwise.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: June 14, 2014, 12:37:49 pm »

You have single player missions, that let you use a variety of plane on some predetermined scenario.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: June 14, 2014, 12:38:56 pm »

It says the squadron does not exist.
And I was asking about joining up in a group to fight together.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: June 14, 2014, 12:44:14 pm »

I'd love to, but I really, really suck. What do you have in mind?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: June 14, 2014, 12:57:20 pm »

teir one shit, probably realistic for aircraft and sim for tanks...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: June 14, 2014, 12:59:15 pm »

Do you have an in-game squadron?

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 163