Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210526 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #1095 on: May 23, 2014, 06:40:44 am »

I just started using a Yak9 with the 37mm gun as a tank buster. it's so superior to the IL2 its not even funny... it has no problems with heavy tanks for one... alto the IL2 fares better against light bunkers and soft targets due to having much more ammo.

But if its tank busting you need just take the Yak 9 and fit it with AP rounds.
Heck the AP rounds KINDA work against aircraft so it's somewhat flexible as well.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: May 23, 2014, 08:42:03 am »

Was wondering, what ammo does the 9K use for the 45mm?

It's not a modification so it's not listed anywhere, I'm guessing some mix of HE or tracers but I'm not entirely sure.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: May 23, 2014, 09:37:29 am »

I think it was HE fragmentation and incendiary... great against aircraft but can't really do anything to tanks i think.
it still can wreck light bunkers tho.
Self promotion below.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: May 26, 2014, 03:12:00 am »

I just unlocked the Panther ausf. D and it's amazing. If you're looking for a squadie for Simulation Battle, hit me up (IGN: Elsior).
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: May 27, 2014, 03:16:54 am »

I'm only halfway up to T2 myself, need a bit more to unlock T3 but it shouldn't take that long since holy crap do the StuG F and Pz3 L give stupidly high amounts of XP, a good match usually gets me around 1.5 to 2k and that's with about three or so kills and no daily double.

Tho I think I'll get the Tiger first since that's less of a grind than the Panther.
AS - IG

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: May 27, 2014, 04:23:46 am »

Jopax, let me know if you want to grind together and I'll bring out the M4E2. Also, Panther is at least twice better than the Tiger. It's worth the grind, trust me. The Tiger is so fragile it can be penetrated in the turret. Panther's frontal armour can actually bounce point blank shots from 57mm gun.

Plus you get a much higher velocity gun with 158mm penetration vs Tiger's 125mm. Plus two spawns and artillery. Panther ausf D at Tier 3 is even better than Pz.IV ausf F2 at Tier 2.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: May 27, 2014, 11:40:54 am »

I've actually started getting decent at the tank game (in Sim mode...the ONLY way to play tanks, IMHO).

The ZiS-30 is a fun little troller. Yes, you can't take any damage but you can find a nice hiding spot and snipe tanks from a mile away.

Early German tanks I'm not fond of. Too many popguns, although the 38(t) isn't too bad. Makes you wonder how effective the Blitzkrieg would have been if they hadn't inherited all those Czech tanks, because frankly it was as good or better than the Panzer I's and II's.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: May 27, 2014, 11:50:33 am »

I know it has shitty armour but you can always angle that stuff. Plus the 88 should deal way more damage if it pens (and once it gets APCR that shouldn't be too hard)

Anyways, I can't really play this month and quite possibly for most of the next one too since finals are rather close, I might be up for a game now and then though.

I'm Djoze ingame.

E: @ninja

Yeah, the Zis30 has a very scary gun, you just gotta be extra careful. The germans have a mostly shit T1 (partly because you face T-50's and T-34's very often) tanks, but the Pz3F is pretty good, and the StuG is decent once you get HEAT. T2 has more good tanks like the StuG F which is terrifying for the most part and the Pz3N which gets a very very nice gun and is decently armoured and mobile. Not sure about the Pz4F but that one should be good too since it gets the StuGs gun.
AS - IG

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: May 27, 2014, 02:46:49 pm »

Yo, posting join in the conversations, as I recently became active on War Thunder (tanks got me back, but I love my planes too)

I'm at rank 2 with British planes. I'm guessing myself as an average to a bit above-average pilot.

With tanks I'm at rank 2 Russians, and I stopped at the first Pz38(t) with Germans because it was so good. After a few upgrades, I got 15 kills in one game (of which there were 3 NPC tanks) in Kuban. Had 12 in a next. And no artillery at all. Easily topped what I could do in the "OP" T-50.
I love that the "Know your enemy and know thyself" idea works so well. Know your ammo, gun and armour just like your enemy's and you're practically guaranteed to win (well, usually...)
I'm guessing that's how I should play with planes but I think I lack the affinity to find, use and memorise plane characteristics. I should go back to train in rank I.

My IGN is very hard to guess: Wimopy
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: June 02, 2014, 11:50:06 am »

aw so i restarted war thunder this day, new update !

I was so hyped up at the new Dornier, I thought it had 8 forward facing guns. And then... Schräge Musik :P

The 50mm Me262 looks like the greatest plane evar, and it's nice that they introduce a low tier german fighter (hint: the new FW) who isn't completely subpar.

Not tried tanks yet. Though I can't wait to try my Duck against these... I wonder if 30mm MK101 is enough ? i'll probably get one of these 50mm Me210's as well. That and a FW or two and my ever awesome Ju87D5 should be enough.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:06:27 pm by Naryar »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: June 02, 2014, 12:50:15 pm »

Well TBH germans got decent fighters when they introdced tier 2 BFs. Otherwise i agree everything leading to the first tier 3 BF was a disaster.
Self promotion below.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: June 02, 2014, 02:29:13 pm »

Anyway, war thunder is moving to implement cross platform gaming.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: June 02, 2014, 02:52:39 pm »

I could see tanks actually being better with a console controller. Dual control sticks mirror a tank control system very well, at least for driving. Not sure how'd you control main gun traverse and elevation though. Maybe a shoulder button in conjunction with one of the sticks, but that would mean you can't do run and gun.

Maybe an option to use ONE controller for driving and another for the cannon -- make tank driving an actual two-person collaboration! :D

I'd also love to see an option like Warbirds had, where people can opt to hop in a plane as a tailgunner. It was an absolute blast to pile six squadmates into a B-25 and have a seperate pilot, bombardier and a crew of gunners.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: June 02, 2014, 02:58:13 pm »

I worry most for planes, IIRC, joystick users get a feature which allows them to pull their aim towards a plane, effectively giving them autoaim.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: June 02, 2014, 06:42:56 pm »

Really? I really need that then.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 163