Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 163

Author Topic: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.  (Read 210550 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder. Casual Dogfighting MMO.
« Reply #1035 on: May 06, 2014, 12:36:39 pm »

I had a fun couple of games last night where my planes would get shot down but I could still fly them again. No idea why that was happening, but it sure made for some fruitful matches!
Did you land on an airfield. If you crashland on an airfield, your plane is sometimes still repairable, but you do give people a kill.

Eduardo X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: May 07, 2014, 11:27:15 am »

No, it wasn't just me. Everyone was able to fly planes that had just crashed. It happened for 2-3 matches, too, and started in the middle of one.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: May 07, 2014, 12:24:20 pm »

Yesterday the server encountered a database desync or some kind of corruption, my friend was in the lobby modifying his plane before heading for a match, i was in a squad with him and out of no-where he had a *cannot initiate action* error pop-up it was called i think? Anyway as he click the ok button he started loading and went in a half-way completed game.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: May 07, 2014, 12:54:01 pm »

Yah, I had some nonsense with researching stuff I just unlocked. Nothing as crazy as your stuff though.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the two G-type Stukas? They both seem identical as far as stats and upgrades go so I have no idea what the point of getting the second one would be, beyond having two identical planes to fly in.

Also also, how useful is the duck against other aircraft? Debating wether to go for the Me410 or that one first, since the XP needed to get to either of them is about the same for me right now and I've seen how scary the Me410 can be.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: May 07, 2014, 06:06:47 pm »

G1 has 12 ammo and G2 has 24 if im not mistaken, both are terrible except maybe for some trolling in arcade if you are into that.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: May 09, 2014, 03:18:04 am »

Nope, they both have 24 rounds, 12 rounds per cannon.

Also in case you guys haven't seen the VE day thing is going on right now and you can get access to GF if you do 9 wins and 60 kills by the end of the weekend.
AS - IG

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: May 16, 2014, 04:24:20 am »

Update 1.41 - Ground Forces OBT!

http://warthunder.com/en/news/587/current/

little bump as ground forces are open to everyone now.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 16, 2014, 05:15:33 am »

PLayed GF and... tbh i'm disapointed.
Camo is nonexistant since you apparently get spotted whenever you are in LoS... and LoS is not blocked by trees shrubs or bushes.
In effect while in WoT you can sit behind a bush and scout/wait for a better shot in GF people just spot you instantly.
The tanks are far less responsive compared to WoT and only get worse as you get track and suspension damage.

Long story short: Not a fan.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: May 16, 2014, 06:39:45 am »

My first suggestion: play Simulation only. You can actually hide because the only indication anyone gets that you're there is a marker on the mini-map, and that's almost never enough to figure out exactly where you are, especially on the more foliage-heavy maps. And, if you get in close enough with an enemy tank while they're not paying attention, they might not even see your marker because it will be obscured by their own, assuming they're even paying attention to their mini-map at all.
Nothing important here, move along.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 16, 2014, 06:46:57 am »

Are GF and air combat mixed now, or not yet?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 16, 2014, 07:58:54 am »

Oh sweet! Going to play til sunrise!!!

Does anyone here have experience of playing WT:GF with NVidia GTX 860M Maxwell GPU? (Yes, it's a mobile GPU, I'm not in a situation to buy gaming desktop.)
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 16, 2014, 08:38:09 am »

Are GF and air combat mixed now, or not yet?
Not yet. They don't want new players to get destroyed by high level airplanes right off the bat. They keeping them disabled for a bit.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: May 16, 2014, 08:46:44 am »

Oh right spaking of aircraft. That's another thing that annoys me.
Tanks screw with my aircraft roster.
If i want to play a game or two with tanks and then play aircraft it's WHOOPS gotta move around the vehicles again.
I kinda wish there was a seperate bar for tanks and planes or at least so that tanks don't take slots i would otherwise use for planes.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: May 16, 2014, 08:52:05 am »

Yeah, having to reshuffle that shit every time is annoying.

Also planes were in GF during CBT, and it wasn't really fun, they'd either do nothing as they crashed very quickly, or they'd dominate since AA is shit and aiming it in RB is hard. Plus terrible performance, with both planes and tanks in that mode.

I really hope they give some RB's which keep them separated.
AS - IG

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: May 16, 2014, 09:50:06 am »

Anyone experiencing long waiting time for tank battles?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 163