Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Waters Of The Apocalypse- Suggestion Game  (Read 2143 times)

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Waters Of The Apocalypse- Suggestion Game
« on: February 25, 2013, 03:28:54 am »

Many years ago there were the great powers of Earth. The United States Of North America, a great industrial hub. It's factories could churn out immense amounts of goods, to feed the world's desire for material gain. The People's Republic of Asia, a giant conglomerate with over 40% of the World's population. And finally, the United European Nations, with one of the most powerful militaries in the world. If you were not one of these nations, you were nothing. Pushed to the side, to be forgotten. Except for one. Australia. Many years were spent isolated from the rest of the world, always behind. Then, a small team of scientists finally cracked the code. They invented practical, large scale nano-assembly. The results were amazing. The long standing industrial empire of North America was shattered by just a few complexes made cheaply in Australia. Australia had immense reserves of resources, and could utilise the technology to great effect. But, as all things go, it was fought over. Squabbling in diplomacy got nowhere, the nations were secretly planning spy raids and perhaps even full scale war. But, it was not to be. Radical elements in the government got into the nuclear weapons stockpile. It is not remembered which government this was, but it certainly happened. In 30 short minutes, the entire world was devasted. No land life remained, and humanity was thought lost. But, small pockets remained. Under the sea, in underground bunkers, even in the air. The land was too irradiated to stay on for long, so most took to the sea. Islands were turned into massive ports. Now, many millions of souls have lived for hundreds of years. Large hulks move and trade, carrying as many as 3000 inside. Rigs stay, preferring to settle down. Warships are always necessary, as many cannot trade and prefer to take. You are one of these ships, and how you carve your destiny is up to you.

You once lived on a rig as a kelp farmer, until you saved up enough money to buy a ship, or many. What did you buy?
- A light Cruiser. Armed with a rocket rack and a dual 200mm gun turret, this thing isn't the best hitter. It does go a good speed though, and carries a size 1.5 nano-assembly.
-A Battleship. Maybe a predictable choice, but 8 500mm guns mounted in 4 turrets is pretty appealing. Plus, a large amount of armour and radar range. Sadly, it lacks a good nano-assembly at only a size 0.5.
-A missile boat and two motor torpedo boats. 3 Missile racks, and 4 homing torpedo launchers in a fast package, plus a size 2 nano-assembly.
-A submarine. Aah yes, a sea wolf. Two torpedo launchers, a light cannon and the ability to go underwater indefinitely. Lot to love in a sub.

What were the ship's names? In fact, what was YOUR name?

Next, you had to get crew. You spent some more on some green crew, nothing special. Finally, you bought one extra thing. What was it?
- 30 more Raw Material.
-Upgraded resource diving subs
- A skilled doctor.

Then, you could set out on your adventure! But where to go, what to do?
-Haven Rig, one of the biggest in the nearby seas. Known for it's massive shipyards, as most ships are Haven-made.
-Tortuga Rig, a great place for warships to find work.
-Pearl Harbour, Abandoned, but could have boats or other equipment.
- Look for Rigs
- Or look for pirates.
- Or be a pirate.

Go, go on your adventure!

Clarifications: Ammo can be produced by the assemblies, every ship comes with resource diving subs that collect Raw Materials, and other minerals can be found and sold to buy new ships.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Waters Of The Apocalypse- Suggestion Game
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 07:40:56 am »

buy the sub and resource diving subs.
 go be a pirate
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 07:44:07 am »

buy the sub and resource diving subs.
 go be a pirate
And what shall the ship be called?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 08:01:21 am »

Free Willy(some one come up with a better name)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 08:40:05 am »

Free Willy(some one come up with a better name)

Wolf of the Sea.
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 08:59:57 am »

Jeff the ship
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 10:12:02 am »

Aah yes, Jeff, Sea Wolf. A good name, for a good sub. You still need a name though. First, to appraise your holdings.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It has been decided, you shall be pirates. Bloodthirsty, evil dudes who pillage booty. With a final wave, you depart from the rig, before you retreat inside the sub. It's time for a hunt.
After searching for about half an hour after getting a reasonable distance from the rig, you find a light cruiser all by itself. It looks pristine, maybe just out of the docks. Time to put a little damper on the happy occasion. But how to do it?

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 11:26:52 am »

Captain McNeal.

Launch a torpedo, coming in fast. I bet we can pick it apart from under the sea with our subs!
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

InZane

• Bay Watcher
  • [PIMP_CANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 02:30:17 pm »

Captain McNeal.

Launch a torpedo, coming in fast. I bet we can pick it apart from under the sea with our subs!
I agree but I think we need a more epic sounding name
I PTW anything that seems interesting

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 05:30:58 pm »

Spoiler: This is unrealistic. (click to show/hide)

Our name depends in part on how long it's been since the holocaust happened. Was it a few decades ago? A few generations? Centuries?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 05:36:21 pm »

Captain McNeal.

I agree but I think we need a more epic sounding name
Captain Derm?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 05:45:47 pm »

Captain Derm MacZod?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 05:49:23 pm »

Captain Derm MacZod the Third?

InZane

• Bay Watcher
  • [PIMP_CANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 06:06:40 pm »

Captain Derm MacZod?
the dirty diet food
I PTW anything that seems interesting

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 06:45:07 pm »

Spoiler: This is unrealistic. (click to show/hide)

Our name depends in part on how long it's been since the holocaust happened. Was it a few decades ago? A few generations? Centuries?
It has been a few centuries, so adjust names accordingly.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2