Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Survive the Island RTD  (Read 5022 times)

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
Survive the Island RTD
« on: February 24, 2013, 11:21:32 pm »

You find yourselves shipwrecked on the island, its woodlands quiet, and the water peacefully splashing against the beach. Some of you recall parts of what happened, some, didn't even know what hit them. But the story comes out to this, you were all on a good sized boat. At least enough for twenty people. Only a few of you survived, at least you all think. The nearby ship on the beach seems to have a large unnatural hole on the underside, water having got into it and sinking, you believe the captain may of ordered to head towards land at full speed. Miraculously some of you survived. The bodies of the others though, seem to be missing. The nearby jungle is very thick, and the surrounding beaches have the only clearings. Above the treeline, you can see what looks to be a metal radio tower, though its beacon is not on. The sun is high in the sky and it is around noon. Will you all work together, will you all separate? Can you survive?

You realize you need food, clean fresh water, shelter at the very least. For now, all of you have just the tattered clothes on you, and the nearby boat.

(This RTD is based off of a couple of things, which will soon become apparent, well not that soon. I'm pretty excited about this one, because my writing ability should really come out here. I will be taking 6 people in. If they all die, I can do another round, and people will simply resign up.)

The Roll system for combat will be an attack and defend system. Depending on the attack method, you may get a first attack before the combat is initiated, giving you an additional attack. If attack is above defense, attack wins and then rolls for damage. If defense wins, they are undamaged. First attack when not given an initial is rolled to see who goes first.

Health is divided into limb damage. Head(2hp), Torso(8hp), L. Arm(3hp), R. Arm(2hp), L. Leg(3hp), R. Leg(3hp). Armor can increase it with armor points (ap) taking a certain amount of damage off, though these themselves have their own worn rating, and it can break, fall apart, etc.

Like I mentioned before, this will be for 6, and only 6 people, you may all form a group and work together, or don't. The island itself is jungle, and therefore going into the jungle means random events can happen. If you feel like making waypoints and specific locations, feel free to make bases and such.

Current(People usually get nicknames here to make it easy for everybody):
Green, Nosa, King, GreatWyrm, borno, NRDL, Javier.

Waitlist(Full names here so I remember):
Maximum McDreich, Xanmyral, CognitiveDissonance

« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 07:16:13 am by agertor »
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Survive the Island RTD
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 11:34:54 pm »

IN.

So...do we need a character sheet? Or are you just going off what you visualize us to look like?
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 11:36:29 pm »

I'm In

What you do for our character

AKingsQuest

• Bay Watcher
  • The king lost his golden pantaloons, go find them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 11:49:56 pm »

In

Do I need a sheet?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 11:59:01 pm »

Also in
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 02:01:22 am »

Indiddlydodap

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 02:03:15 am »

Reserve. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 09:28:19 am »

Room for one more?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 09:40:32 am »

If its not too late...

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 08:59:30 pm »

(To answer the question, no character sheets, it gets confusing, and its just easier to use screen names, it is also a lot less confusing for everyone else instead of looking through names to see who is what. And since this is all roll and equip base, there is no real need for stats, just your own intelligence and ability to comprehend situations. Also sorry Xan, you were a bit too late but if you want, I can put you on for round 2 after these guys die. Probably horribly.)

Green, Nosa, King, GreatWyrm, borno, NRDL, Javier.

You find out each other's names soon enough, the nearby boat creaking as the waves hit it. Settling on a half grass/sand patch, you all look around to see the radio tower over the horizon of the trees, the beach itself seems clear to walk around and then there is the wrecked boat nearby. You all quietly decide to yourselves what to do about this situation. Birds for the most part are heard from the trees, singing to the sun in its near noon position. You make out that your boat seemed to have been attacked for the most part, but by something underwater in such shallow water? It seems unlikely that it was a creature. At least one that is known. As the day goes by you all must decide quickly. If you all worked together, you'd need to get 6 units of food, and 6 units of fresh water. You would also need a shelter to accommodate six people. It'll be hard but the good news is that you all are not starving nor dehydrated. You could go with being hungry and thirsty for now if shelter is priority. After all, there seems to be no electricity, and the dark jungle could become a nightmare during this time.

(You all get two moves. You get an action point and an environment point. Environment point is that you can interact with the area you are in and what you can see. Action points are used to do things that are not in your local area which can be similar, but going hunting in the jungle, moving to a new area in general, or searching for fresh water inland for example. Combat is done automatically unless done manually against an ally or friend, or neutral, that would be an environment. Good luck)
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 09:00:52 pm »

eh, waitlist my old friend, we meet again!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 09:03:03 pm »

Go to Boat Wrech
Find sharp piece of wood(for a makeshift fishing spear!)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 09:48:14 pm »

Head inland in search of a stream or spring.
Try to find a gourd or something else hollow and reasonably clean.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 11:33:03 pm »

Search around for some kind of sharp stone.

If found, use said stone as a makeshift axe, until  get enough wood to make both an axe proper AND build a fire that could soon purify the salty water.

If NOT found, ROMP.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Nosaneinme

• Bay Watcher
  • It time to play
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 11:57:31 pm »

Food is Need,So Look In Wood Crates and Brushs for food
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5