Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: This World of Ours - Hard Roleplay - Two Slots Open  (Read 17369 times)

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: This World of Ours - Hard Roleplay - Two Slots Open
« Reply #180 on: March 19, 2013, 09:43:13 pm »

Do we have conventional forces surrounding the perimeter? 

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 19, 2013, 09:45:54 pm »

"...Ah...question, sir. How much value are we supposed to put in these peoples' lives?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #182 on: March 19, 2013, 09:55:17 pm »

Crew Chief Raulins
No, sir. We don't work with standard military forces, even our own. Its a matter of confidentiality. People are better off not knowing about this sort of thing. Perhaps if this were a larger operation we may enlist the National Guard to cordon off the area but this particular mission doesn't require such measures.

None whatsoever. Preventing knowledge of Exotics from spreading is more important than sparing human lives. Tie them up or shoot them, it doesn't matter. If you're going to leave them alive then be sure you call it in. Makes it much simpler for the collection. That being said, if you manage to secure the area then there's no need to collect any artifacts you find, as we have a research team prepared for this op. If you're forced to retreat then we'll only be able to look over whatever you have on your person.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #183 on: March 19, 2013, 09:56:43 pm »

How do you guys like the game so far? PM your thoughts please.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 19, 2013, 09:58:53 pm »

"Um...pardon me, sir, it's my first time, but why is concealing knowledge of these 'exotics' so important? And aren't you--your leaders, the head honchos, whomever--concerned that there will be a slip eventually?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #185 on: March 19, 2013, 10:02:18 pm »

Crew Chief Raulins
Of course there are slips. There always are, and we're always there to clean them up. Does that mean that we should allow them to happen? No, of course not. Whether or not its important is a much tougher question. One that I can't answer. Sorry kid.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 19, 2013, 10:03:52 pm »

"Yes, yes, but why is it more important than human lives? Sir?"
Sig

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #187 on: March 19, 2013, 10:14:39 pm »

Crew Chief Raulins
I've seen what these bastards can do firsthand, I've seen what they've built. If even one piece of tech fell into the hands of the wrong person, someone who would use it publicly, what do you think would happen? Someone, at some point would make another one. And another one. Mass production. Now imagine that everyone has one. Think of it. Are you really that naive? Just look at atomic weaponry. It took about ten years to proliferate. It would happen again.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #188 on: March 19, 2013, 10:47:06 pm »

All I need is the pilot's choice of vehicle to start the mission. Sheets can wait if you guys don't care. You'll all just have your profession bonuses and no other modifiers.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 20, 2013, 06:05:52 am »

I see, well, in that case, who offers to meet the enemy first?  I guess it is my choice as to who leads point.  I'm not going to be as effective at far range, so we need a volunteer of someone to exits first, preferably not our radioman or shotgun man, who should probably go with our machine gunner or anyone else who has special stuff.  Who wants to go out first?

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 20, 2013, 09:28:07 am »

"I assume load out was determined by past training and histories, Commander. So what exatly are we expecting to be up against? I mean I notice we are riding slick, no flak or anything so they must have pretty nasty weapons. What should we expect, sir?"
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #191 on: March 20, 2013, 09:46:43 am »

Crew Chief Raulins
A large part of this job is never knowing what to expect, and learning as much as you can during a first encounter so there are fewer casualties next time. Fortunately this is not a first encounter. We've been seeing these fellas for about 50 years now. Normally we would have briefed you on this sort of thing but this was short notice and we wanted to give the newbies a chance to get blooded. Unfortunately I'm under orders not to give you any information regarding any hostile forces you may run into, in order to simulate a first encounter experience.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #192 on: March 20, 2013, 09:57:43 am »

Crew Chief Raulins
If I may, sir, normally we have a submachinegunner take point, with the riflemen just behind him, the radioman and CO in the middle, and our remainders taking up the rear. Its standard operating procedure, but you can always change your formation to whatever suits the situation. Since you'll be dropping into a rural area there will be lots of open ground, so normally you'll have rifles up front to give the others in your squad cover to either advance to get in range or set up heavy weapons to eliminate the threat. That MMG there has to be deployed in order to use, but it has much more firepower than a light machine gun could ever provide. Its got slightly better range than your rifles so you can always leapfrog it from cover to cover.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 20, 2013, 10:12:39 am »

"I see. I can see how that makes sense. we always hat the SMG gunner at point when clearing rooms but, I think the army guys may do a better job of setting us up. Generally, from what I remember would be leapfrogging with a bunch of communication, so we can pick up suppression when the machine gunner is reloading. And if we keep our spacing and leap frog we can maintain suppression while moving up and not cutting off fire. That being said... Force count and terrain dictates... The SEALs I worked with taught a lot of these tactics to groups that were fighting in our interests. Seemed to work okay, flexible too. Let's try and run a recon out if we can't see them though, just for flexibilities sake."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 20, 2013, 11:22:19 am »

All I need is the pilot's choice of vehicle to start the mission. Sheets can wait if you guys don't care. You'll all just have your profession bonuses and no other modifiers.
((Which sheet? I filled out the one in the OP, was there a second I miss?))

"Leave no survivor? Seem a little extreme, but you lot are the experts. Aside from 'rural zone', what are we looking at? Dry and rocky? Wet and marshy? Several towns and villages or just some farmhouses?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19