Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: This World of Ours - Hard Roleplay - Two Slots Open  (Read 17418 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: This World of Ours - Hard Roleplay - One Slot Open
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2013, 08:07:26 pm »

The same way everyone knows about Area 51 and a bunch of people have heard of the SCP Foundation?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2013, 08:07:55 pm »

(Lieutenant is also a Navy only rank. Okay. I will assume they are just titles. I figured that in the first place, I'm just giving ya a hard time.)
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2013, 08:09:58 pm »

The same way everyone knows about Area 51 and a bunch of people have heard of the SCP Foundation?

*pursing my lips* Area 51 is a top secret facility, not a top secret base. The things inside are secret, not the location or existence. SCP is fictitious. But in all seriousness you don't make a bad argument.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2013, 08:18:40 pm »

(Lieutenant is also a Navy only rank. Okay. I will assume they are just titles. I figured that in the first place, I'm just giving ya a hard time.)
Lieutenant isn't a Navy only rank. Seriously what are you even talking about this time?

I didn't mean that no one had heard of them (especially since all of you guys are in intelligence agencies) I meant how does someone hear a rumour about a specific guy? Its not like he's that notorious for being an ass or something.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 08:22:02 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2013, 08:21:40 pm »

*pursing my lips* Area 51 is a top secret facility, not a top secret base. The things inside are secret, not the location or existence. SCP is fictitious.
1. Area 51 is publicly-known. That it's holding something having to do with aliens is also widely known, although perhaps not true. The latter bit is what I was referring to.
2. That's what they want you to think...
3. You get my point. Just because something's not known to actually deal with aliens or Keters outside of fringe theorists or internet writers doesn't mean that fringe theorists or internet writers don't have any "dirt" on it, which could start rumors.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 10, 2013, 08:30:19 pm »

Lieutenant isn't a Navy only rank. Seriously what are you even talking about this time?

(Actually it is. Other branches have lieutenant 1st and 2nd class, the Navy has lieutenant junior grade and lieutenant then comes lieutenant commander and commander. Sorry. I just thought the semblance was uncanny. Don't mean to be a jerk. I'll quit asking questions about it.)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #111 on: March 10, 2013, 08:35:01 pm »

-snip-
Who said BENOC was like Area 51 or SCP Foundation or anything? Area 51 is just a base that had some important airplanes tested and developed there at one time. My grandfather worked on tanks there at one point. Its got such good security nowadays because every dumb civilian who comes near the place thinks it would be fun to go take a peek.

(Actually it is. Other branches have lieutenant 1st and 2nd class, the Navy has lieutenant junior grade and lieutenant then comes lieutenant commander and commander. Sorry. I just thought the semblance was uncanny. Don't mean to be a jerk. I'll quit asking questions about it.)
No military men call each other by their full rank casually. They just use the base phrase. Like Lieutenant. Or Sergeant. Or Private. Or General. So by all means stop asking questions about it. :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 10, 2013, 08:38:33 pm »

-snip-
Who said BENOC was like Area 51 or SCP Foundation or anything? Area 51 is just a base that had some important airplanes tested and developed there at one time. My grandfather worked on tanks there at one point. Its got such good security nowadays because every dumb civilian who comes near the place thinks it would be fun to go take a peek.
Well, and it's a military base.

Anyways...have you heard of something called a "metaphor"?
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 10, 2013, 08:44:23 pm »

((Perhaps slight meta on my behalf, though unintentional; sorry about that.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2013, 08:56:03 pm »

Yes. I'm just trying to say that Area 51 isn't a very good representation of how well BENOC is known, publicly. Its not your fault of course, since most of this universe I'm trying to create is still wiggling its way out of my head. So if you don't mind I'll continue telling the story, cool?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2013, 08:57:19 pm »

((Perhaps slight meta on my behalf, though unintentional; sorry about that.))
S'okay. :D Love you guys!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #116 on: March 10, 2013, 09:02:04 pm »

Now I can't even prove that I was going to tell you their actual ranks because you asked that darn question. Thanks Miracle. Thanks a bunch.
I should just stop talking now. ._.

"I know better than to ask questions in this line of work, but impatience and curiosity is killing me. Where are we going?"

Major Locke
Down.

"Possibly crazy. Who would build a place like this?"

Major Locke
Us.

"Wait a minute... Commander? So you are Navy?"

2nd Lieutenant Wesley
No. We're BENOC. You turn towards the newbie who asked the question. You're not too bright are you? You smile kindly in his direction.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 10, 2013, 09:23:19 pm »

For my part, wait and continue to observe stuff while we approach our destination.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 10, 2013, 09:30:47 pm »

Yes. I'm just trying to say that Area 51 isn't a very good representation of how well BENOC is known, publicly. Its not your fault of course, since most of this universe I'm trying to create is still wiggling its way out of my head. So if you don't mind I'll continue telling the story, cool?
I was actually trying to explain where Xantalos's character might have heard rumors, but sure.

-----

Chat some.
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 10, 2013, 09:32:06 pm »

I was actually trying to explain where Xantalos's character might have heard rumors, but sure.
((If I were to provide a reason it would be that I heard the guys who took me to the facility talking about him, but eh.))
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19