Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: This World of Ours - Hard Roleplay - Two Slots Open  (Read 17408 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: This World of Ours - Hard Roleplay - One Slot Open
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2013, 02:45:27 pm »

"I know, right? Save a girl from some spider thing and the government tosses you in a box.
Whatever they're planning should be fun."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2013, 02:49:50 pm »

"I was tailing some commie traitor bastard when he got offed by a bunch of 'em."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: This World of Ours - Hard Roleplay - Under Construction
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2013, 03:25:35 pm »

Turn_4: GALLERY.

The wall whirs mechanically and then rolls silently to one side, and you all turn to face whatever fate may come.

What you now recognize to be a gate comes to a halt with a loud clunk, but none of you have the presence of mind to notice it any longer. You're all too busy staring with childlike wonder at the massive facility laid out before your eyes.

The 'Bureau' is a colossal underground chamber the size of a city, probably even larger than that. The walls loom and the buildings tower, the tops of which you have to crane your necks to see. The ceiling stretches up further than you can see, and small coloured lights wink at you from the darkness there like so many radio masts.

A tall, slightly built man in a white jumpsuit approaches the group. He halts in front of you, waiting for a moment, then coughs impatiently, snapping most of you out of your daze. His lilting but authoritative english accent pulls the rest of you back to earth. He delivers his adress with such practiced ease that it was immediately apparent that he had done this a thousand times.

Right! Now that I've got your attention, pilots along with me. The rest of you lot, wait your instructors.

He turns on his heel, and without looking throws back a remark. And don't you bloody idiots go wanderin' about! As you might've guessed, its easy to get lost in here. He continues walking without stopping to check if anyone is following him.

Andy Smith - (Xantolos) - CIA.ex - Investigator (Detective [+1 PER]).ex
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

John Starboard - (scapheap) - FBI.ex - Support Tech (Director [+1 CHA]).ex

Fred Karl Underhill - (GreatWyrmGold) - NSA.ex - Support Tech (Forensic [+1 INT]).ex

Alexander Gunnar - (IamanElfCollaborator) - NSA.ex - Pilot (Field Agent [+1 DEX]).ex

William O'Bryan - (Gotdamnmiracle) - CIA.ex - Investigator (Field Agent [+1 DEX]).ex

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2013, 03:27:38 pm »

"Hey wait up, are we pilots or not?!"

Run after the doc in inquiry.
Sig! Onol

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2013, 03:35:59 pm »

Captain Lance
Well have you ever flown a bloody plane before, or driven an LAV? Christ! Its like I'm talking to my mum!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2013, 03:36:41 pm »

"That'll be me then."

Gunnar followed the Captain.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2013, 03:38:02 pm »

"Hurry up and wait then?"

William fiddles with his lighter, unsure if he should try and smoke or not.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 03:42:00 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2013, 03:39:56 pm »

"Well, that ain't me."
Head back to group, idly observe surroundings while waiting.
Sig! Onol

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2013, 04:27:52 pm »

"Same here"

Look around
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: This World of Ours - Hard Roleplay - Under Construction
« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2013, 05:42:31 pm »

Turn_5: ENTER CAPTAINS.

IamanElfCollaborator
You run to catch up to the englishman. His head turns slightly as you match his brisk pace.

Just the one then eh? Seems like there are fewer every time.

He leads you along the open street, which is far less congested than you are used to. The 'city' is surprisingly hushed, and the few pedestrians walk quietly and with an air of pleasance and confidence, some carrying on polite conversations with nearby friends or on hand-held radios.

The man looks at you again, this time in the eyes.

I'm Captain Neville Lance. Call me Lance. This is BENOC's M-OPs facility. We're standing in Block 1 presently. We handle commercial and political matters here. Overworld problems, mainly.

He practically spits the phrase "Overworld".

The place is divided into several sections, or Blocks. They're individually numbered and each one serves a different purpose. Each Block has the same layout, for the sake of finding your bloody way around, not that it helps much mind you, but only Block 1 is this large. The others aren't quite so impressive.

You stop in front of a group of three large metal towers centered in the midst of an expansive plaza. Dozens of smaller towers are clustured about the large ones, and people are constantly stepping in and out of them. The big towers have blue coloured light strips running along their length at intervals.

These are the primary and secondary lifts. They allow you to move from level to level. You need clearance in order to use the S-lifts, and the Primaries are only for freight. Speaking of which..

A klaxon sounds and one of the towers turns green. Lance pulls you to one side and people stop emerging from the smaller towers. The remaining pedestrians retreat along with you to the edge of the plaza. The street at the mouth of the glowing tower suddenly brightens, highlighting a path along the centre of the road. The massive tower door eases open, revealing a massive metal platform, like a tank with legs. Large cargo containers like the ones you see on shipping vessels are strapped to the back of the metal beast, and it seemingly sways with the weight of its burden as it starts forward. The platform strides ahead steadily, carefully balancing itself on its thick, four-toed feet, and you're suddenly reminded of a circus acrobat walking across a tightrope. The behemoth stomps out of the tower and down the street along its preordained route, eventually disappearing from view. The tower shuts and the lights fade to a cool blue, allowing the people to continue on their way.

That's a Froggy. You should see them in combat. Bloody marvelous they are. Come on.

Lance leads you to one of the lifts and produces a floppy disc from a pocket on his suit, inserting it into a slot next to the door. The door whirs, then slides open. Lance retrieves his disc and steps in after you. The door hisses shut, the locking mechanism whirring, and he keys one of the numbered switches. The floor lurches heavily and you're nearly knocked off your feet. The feeling of weightlessness starts in your toes and runs into your gut, and you suddenly start to feel sick. Lance doesn't seem to notice how uncomfortable you are, and you decide to keep your mouth shut, not wanting to complain in front of him.

The lift finally comes to a halt and you practically stagger into the gleaming metal hallway, supremely relieved to be back on solid ground. Lance pays no heed to your suffering and simply strides onward down the hall.

I'll be in Psych Ward. Do try to pull yourself together on the way there.

He disappears around a corner, leaving you to collect your stomach.

Remaining Players
Two more instructors in white jumpsuits approach the group. One is a tall man, like the first one, but much thinner and bespectacled, whereas the other is a woman of average height, heavily muscled, and the bearer of not a few facial scars.

The shorter one speaks up. This is Commander Locke, and I'm Lieutenant Wesley. Follow us please.

You share confused glances with one another, then follow the suited pair down the street.

Andy Smith - (Xantolos) - CIA.ex - Investigator (Detective [+1 PER]).ex

John Starboard - (scapheap) - FBI.ex - Support Tech (Director [+1 CHA]).ex

Fred Karl Underhill - (GreatWyrmGold) - NSA.ex - Support Tech (Forensic [+1 INT]).ex

Alexander Gunnar - (IamanElfCollaborator) - NSA.ex - Pilot (Field Agent [+1 DEX]).ex

William O'Bryan - (Gotdamnmiracle) - CIA.ex - Investigator (Field Agent [+1 DEX]).ex

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2013, 05:43:43 pm »

Make sure to read IamanElfCollaborator's action. It'll teach you a bit more about the joint.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2013, 05:57:43 pm »

"I know better than to ask questions in this line of work, but impatience and curiosity is killing me. Where are we going?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2013, 06:34:19 pm »

"Possibly crazy. Who would build a place like this?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2013, 07:11:50 pm »

"Wait a minute... Commander? So you are Navy?"

(That's a Navy rank.)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2013, 08:00:17 pm »

"No, I've heard stories. He's always like this."
Andy shakes whoever extended their hand.
"Andy Smith. Pleased to meet y'all."
How did you just casually hear stories about some guy in a top secret government organisation?

No one knows about BENOC except BENOC.

"Wait a minute... Commander? So you are Navy?"

(That's a Navy rank.)
Its also a title. As in the commander of a unit.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 08:04:12 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19