Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

Author Topic: This World of Ours - Hard Roleplay - Two Slots Open  (Read 17304 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: This World of Ours - Hard Roleplay - Two Slots Open
« Reply #240 on: March 20, 2013, 09:53:46 pm »

"How would you have us set up our avenue of approach, sir? I didn't see much in the way of cover. There was some lightly wooded areas to the east but that would take us a bit of a ways away from the target before we would be able to close in again. The corn fields should provide some concealment, but once we get the first shots off, they will know where we are regardless of how good our concealment is, the only benefit I see is that we would be able to get in closer. I could also try a recon to check out the farm house from a different angle, sir.

Don't you think it's a bit pre emptive to just gun it up, sir? We don't even really know what kind of fortifications the have set the place up with, let alone if they have sentries out.

How should we approach, sir?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 20, 2013, 11:44:09 pm »

"Well, I frankly have no idea of how to do shit with tactics, so Imma be a grunt and let you military men do the planning. I'll talk the things down if our next one is a friendly mission."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 21, 2013, 02:13:49 am »

Keep my gun ready while they talk battle plans
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 21, 2013, 05:20:20 am »

"Well, I frankly have no idea of how to do shit with tactics, so Imma be a grunt and let you military men do the planning. I'll talk the things down if our next one is a friendly mission."

"Roger. Alright gentlemen, my self and the shot gunner will move up and quietly scout out near the farm house, if we see anything we will return. You guys will follow up at a quick pace if we are gone more than 20. in the meantime, set up for contact in that direction so if we do take contact then you can provide superior suppression. Yay or nay? We will reassess when information is gleaned."

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 21, 2013, 05:47:17 am »

I know that there is little cover from here to there, but I doubt that these exotics have set up much defenses.  If you guys are so paranoid, I'll call in a fly over from on of our planes.  That actually may be a good idea.  We know there are 20 exotics, but to know the nature of these exotics would be good.  So, yeah I'll request a fly over the area to see if there are any defenses, of which there are probably none.  I believe that the faster we get to the farm house, the better.  We'll set up in there.  Smith and Underhill will go find the target and clear the area in between the UFO and the farmhouse.  Then we breach the target.  Any questions?

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 21, 2013, 07:25:00 am »

I know that there is little cover from here to there, but I doubt that these exotics have set up much defenses.  If you guys are so paranoid, I'll call in a fly over from on of our planes.  That actually may be a good idea.  We know there are 20 exotics, but to know the nature of these exotics would be good.  So, yeah I'll request a fly over the area to see if there are any defenses, of which there are probably none.  I believe that the faster we get to the farm house, the better.  We'll set up in there.  Smith and Underhill will go find the target and clear the area in between the UFO and the farmhouse.  Then we breach the target.  Any questions?

"Roger. None ,sir"

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #246 on: March 21, 2013, 10:17:00 am »

Recruit Kyle
This is all well and good, but someone will have to take the tripod while O'Bryan and I clear that barn. I can't fight while I'm holding it.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 21, 2013, 02:58:40 pm »

We'll have the Machine gunner set up somewhere outside the farmhouse, it's his choice.  My plan is to have the MG set up on over-watch over the craft from a window in the farmhouse.  If anyone comes out we at least have eyes on him.  The radar will be set up so that we know where anyone is in the vicinity, so we'll set it up right in the middle of the target area in a spearhead assault.  Then we'll take out the rest of the aliens that are around us in a sweeping arc. 

Picture ~ Is this what the battlefield looks like?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My amazing paint skills.   :P

I could have made the dots smaller and made our guys closer together.  GDM is our scout, obviously Gotdamnmiracle.  But that is my plan. 

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #248 on: March 21, 2013, 03:01:23 pm »

Technically you're in the forest right now but it does stretch off to the right a bit like you've indicated. Otherwise yes. Perfect map. I need a bloody Paint application..

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 23, 2013, 03:56:47 am »

"Well, I guess I'll poke around the other buildings then, or do you gentlemen have a specific assignment for me?"
Sig! Onol

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 23, 2013, 04:20:05 am »

((Remind me, how much stat points do we get allocated?))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 23, 2013, 04:20:21 am »

((Remind me, how much stat points do we get allocated?))
(8 )
Sig! Onol

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 23, 2013, 04:21:49 am »

Str 1, Dex 2[+1], Con 1, Int 2, Per 1, Cha 1

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 23, 2013, 11:54:44 am »

"Well, I guess I'll poke around the other buildings then, or do you gentlemen have a specific assignment for me?"

Yeah, that's where we are going.  My plan is to secure the barn, and then send you and the rifleman out into the trees to lay eyes on the UFO. 

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 23, 2013, 11:56:52 am »

Yeah, that's where we are going.  My plan is to secure the barn, and then send you and the rifleman out into the trees to lay eyes on the UFO. 
"I see..."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19