Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: This World of Ours - Hard Roleplay - Two Slots Open  (Read 17330 times)

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: This World of Ours - Hard Roleplay - Two Slots Open
« Reply #225 on: March 20, 2013, 03:39:42 pm »

(I guess if you're going to use navy, then we'll distinguish the two by the user name, but if you would rather I changed color, then I can.)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #226 on: March 20, 2013, 03:44:14 pm »

There just aren't enough colours. :C
I'll make him a different colour, no worries.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 20, 2013, 04:13:20 pm »

Str 0, Dex 2, Con 1, Int 2, Per 2, Cha 1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 20, 2013, 04:18:36 pm »

It is not that there aren't enough colors, it is that some of them are unreadable with the standard gui color.  Like these

I'm writing in beige.  Can you read this?

Yeah, prisoners would have to be watched.  Civilians would be hard to watch, because there are five, and we probably should not shoot civilians.  Also, if you see someone, unless you know they see you, do not fire.  Wait and try and get in for a better look, maybe sneaking around and taking them out in hand to hand.  We only need one prisoner for now, but if you manage to take more, that is good too. 

Since we are going in the Helicopter, we don't really need to choose who takes point, since there are two sides, right?  Or is this one of those helicopters that have no side hatches? 

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 20, 2013, 04:28:23 pm »

I'm writing in beige.  Can you read this?
Darkling theme, Yes I can.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #230 on: March 20, 2013, 04:28:56 pm »

Since we are going in the Helicopter, we don't really need to choose who takes point, since there are two sides, right?  Or is this one of those helicopters that have no side hatches?
Its got one side door for passengers plus the door leading to the cockpit, and a motorised ramp, which you'll probably use.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 20, 2013, 04:34:48 pm »

That is what I thought.  Well on that note, I'm ready to start the mission. 

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #232 on: March 20, 2013, 04:54:18 pm »

Working on it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: This World of Ours - Hard Roleplay - Under Construction
« Reply #233 on: March 20, 2013, 07:32:55 pm »

Turn_8: CREEPING IN THE BOCAGE.

IamanElfCollaborator
Harris looks up from his navigation readings, peering out the side of the cockpit.

We're here. Set us down just behind this treeline.

You ease the craft down amongst a copse of tall grass and Harris keys a switch and gives the Crew Chief a green light. You hear muffled shouting and feel the craft rumble as the back ramp is lowered, then again is its raised back up. Harris flicks the switch again and you pull up, taking the chopper a few kilometres away and into a holding pattern.

We've got several teams operating in the area so we'll have plenty to do. This baby has chainguns so we've got plenty of firepower to take down any soft targets we encounter. Should be a piece of c-

The radio crackles to life.

Archer One-One this is Beetle Two-One. We've got a disturbance and need overwatch, can you assist? Over.

Harris adjusts a dial and picks up the reciever. Your call boss man. Should we respond? Its only a minute away.

alamoes
You feel the aircraft lurch as it touches down. Everyone unclips their belts and gets in formation. Raulins heads to the rear of the chopper and pulls a switch, causing the ramp to lower slowly. He unclips a submachine gun from the crew locker on one wall and waits for the ramp to touch down. The compartment status light turns green and you lead the squad into the cold night. Raulins shouts over the sound of whipping helicopter blades.

Head north to the farm, you can't miss it. Use the radio if you need support. Good luck! I'll see you on the other side!

The ramp rises upward, sealing the chopper as it lifts up and away, and you turn back to the situation at hand. The squad is fanned out and watching the treeline, which lies to the north. They all seem nervous, but ready. You nod determinedly.

MISSION ONE: START

Xantolos
You move into the grass and scan the trees. There is no movement aside from the swaying of branches in the chill fall breeze.

scapheap
You take a position at the rear of the team along with Vivienne, who is shivering nervously. She keeps adjusting the straps on her radar pack and looking at the handgun she is carrying.

GreatWyrmGold
You move to the centre of the group along with Kyle and George, both of whom are staring about the terrain with a practiced eye. They remain utterly silent as they double check their weapons.

Gotdamnmiracle
You take point, motioning for the others to stay low whilst you make a foray into the thin bunch of trees. The ground slopes away steadily and you find yourself looking over the farm. The barn is closest to you, only about 20 metres away, and you can see several windows along this side of the structure, as well as dozens of scorch marks covering the exterior. The farmhouse is much further, and you can't make out many details aside from the fact that the lights are on. One of the two corn fields flanking the house is burning as well. You move quietly back to the group and tell the others what you saw.

Andy Smith - (Xantolos) - CIA.ex - Investigator (Detective [+1 PER]).ex
Equipment: Assault Rifle, HE Pack
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

John Starboard - (scapheap) - FBI.ex - Support Tech (Director [+1 CHA]).ex
Equipment: Radio, Semi-Auto Carbine, Airstrike Smoke, Standard Smoke (2)

Fred Karl Underhill - (GreatWyrmGold) - NSA.ex - Support Tech (Forensic [+1 INT]).ex
Equipment: Rifle, Ammo Pack

Alexander Gunnar - (IamanElfCollaborator) - NSA.ex - Pilot (Field Agent [+1 DEX]).ex
Equipment: N/A

William O'Bryan - (Gotdamnmiracle) - CIA.ex - Investigator (Field Agent [+1 DEX]).ex
Equipment: SMG, 12 Frags

Brandon T. Joice - (alamoes) - DHS.ex - Commander (Supplementary Officer Training [+1 ALL])
Equipment: N/A

NPCs
George: MMG, one belt of ammo, Medikit, Shotgun

Kyle: Shotgun, two belts of ammo, Tripod, Knife

Vivienne: Ground Radar Device
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 10:11:49 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 20, 2013, 07:46:29 pm »

(Why is the only stat on my sheet wrong?)

Double-check weapon. Look around for anything unusual. Aside from this lot, of course...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #235 on: March 20, 2013, 07:48:32 pm »

You have a +1 to INT for the Forensic specialty, and I don't remember seeing you post an actual stat sheet.

This guy right here.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 20, 2013, 07:55:10 pm »

Str 0, Dex 2, Con 1, Int 2, Per 2, Cha 1
Sig

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #237 on: March 20, 2013, 08:00:30 pm »

Fixed.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 20, 2013, 08:58:40 pm »

I assume that I have my pistol?

Let's move into position and locate the target, then we'll move in and deploy radar.  We should see if we can lay eyes on the enemy, and possibly move into a spread out assault formation to begin with, much like described.  Spread out, rifles take point, and shotgun holds back with the mg, radio, radar, and I.  We head north using trees as cover.  I'd say range on the rifles is at least 600 yards, so I expect a pitched battle.  Once we get to the farms, go get to your respective positions to assault the enemy base.  (My rousing speech). Fire at will. 

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #239 on: March 20, 2013, 09:00:10 pm »

Everyone always has their pistol, yes.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19